Peter Chiarelli Appreciation Thread

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
You just want it both ways Elliot was good because Hitchcock was standing beside him in net inflating his numbers . Elliot in Calgary under a power defence is just a bad goalie . 2015./16 Flame fans after Getting Hamilton we have the best Defence in the league even better than Chicago . Finish dead last in the NHL in Goals against Blame goalie 2016/17 Flame fans Oilers defence is a joke ours will rock this year with a legit goaltender. Well they had that right Legit goaltender saved enough rubber to put them in playoffs. Oilers finish top 10 in Ga Calgary middle of the pack lol. Has nothing to do with being a homer what looks good on paper does not equate to what happens on the ice. For the last time I will believe it when I see it.
No disrespect but your grammar and how you meander from one point to the next makes it almost impossible to understand what you're talking about.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
unless you've got gifs
I just like sticking it to the Flames .

3I0TDnK.gif

Calgary defence first game of 2016-2017 vs the Oilers
Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Engellend
Niklas Grossman - Dougie Hamilton

Projected line up 2017-2018 opening night
Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone

You tell me the difference. You have to be ignorant or one of the biggest homers to not see the difference. We're way off topic here but don't be so simple.

It is easily top-5 in the league, and will stay that way for as long as Giordano can still play at his current level IE 2 maybe 3 years tops.

That said, their forwards and goaltending simply don't scream contender. You cannot win in this league with Sean Monahan/Mike Smith as core pieces.....especially when the teams you are competing against in the division can ice Connor McDavid/Cam Talbot, Anze Kopitar/Jonathan Quick, Ryan Getzlaf/John Gibson etc combinations in those positions.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Not a Flames fan
I wasn't the one that posted solely about the Flames defence first. But I admitted it was off topic and I'm moving on.

Not a Flames fan, just play one on the TV.

Your post history clearly shows you're a Flames fan.

Please take this stuff back to CP.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The Flames are still a soft team and the Oilers will make them roll over again this year. They could really use a GM like Chiarelli to add some balance up front.

The Flames are still a soft team and the Oilers will make them roll over again this year. They could really use a GM like Chiarelli to add some balance up front.

Dunno about that really. Having a guy like Hamonic back there really helps them in dealing with the Draisaitl/Lucic/Maroon/Kassian barrage up front on our end.

Just look at how much of an impact Larsson had in our ability to play against the heavy teams that used to push *us* around- Winnipeg, St. Louis, Los Angeles. All of whom we won the season series against (first two were sweeps).

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Dunno about that really. Having a guy like Hamonic back there really helps them in dealing with the Draisaitl/Lucic/Maroon/Kassian barrage up front on our end.

Just look at how much of an impact Larsson had in our ability to play against the heavy teams that used to push *us* around- Winnipeg, St. Louis, Los Angeles. All of whom we won the season series against (first two were sweeps).

Maybe. They lost Engelland who is much tougher, but Hamonic can handle more minutes I guess. Until Kassian puts him on the IR in game 1 that is. :)

Maybe. They lost Engelland who is much tougher, but Hamonic can handle more minutes I guess. Until Kassian puts him on the IR in game 1 that is. :)

Lol well uh....yeah. You're comparing a legit #3 defensemen with a #6 guy.

By that metric, having not just Larsson but Nurse and Gryba should make us that much tougher to deal with for opposing forwards. Unfortunately, only one of those three has the desired impact.:laugh:

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Calgary defence first game of 2016-2017 vs the Oilers
Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Engellend
Niklas Grossman - Dougie Hamilton

Projected line up 2017-2018 opening night
Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone

You tell me the difference. You have to be ignorant or one of the biggest homers to not see the difference. We're way off topic here but don't be so simple.

Top 5 defensive core, Hamonic was a major score.
Unfortunately, I also think the Flames have bottom 10 goaltending and bottom 10 forwards.
We'll see how it plays out.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
For the interest of accuracy: MacTavish was negotiating Klefbom's extension and they were already on the Brodin/Larsson comparables before Chiarelli ever got here.

Chiarelli didn't sign Larsson to that contract, he merely traded another seriously underpaid player to get him.

You 100% misunderstood my post. The post I quoted was judging Chia on bad moves he anticipates will be made in the future, and so I was saying if he can judge Chia on things that haven't happened yet (and aren't guaranteed to happen), then I can praise Chia on things that haven't happened, or may never happen.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Not a Flames fan, just play one on the TV.

Your post history clearly shows you're a Flames fan.

Please take this stuff back to CP.
Just look at his 1st 10 posts on Hf all flaming Oilers and Flames love :laugh: He is not kidding anyone. Spends a lot of time in Oiler related thread nothing but hate for our team.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Lol well uh....yeah. You're comparing a legit #3 defensemen with a #6 guy.

By that metric, having not just Larsson but Nurse and Gryba should make us that much tougher to deal with for opposing forwards. Unfortunately, only one of those three has the desired impact.:laugh:

Actually, Engeland was their 5 dman based on toi and time vs elites. To start the season, Wideman was ahead of him but engeland was their number 4 for the Last half of season and playoffs.

Losing him is a bigger loss than many realize. He was one of the only physical guys and was a real leader in the room.

Harmonic is an upgrade but that wasn't their biggest need. Goaltending and power forwards who can score was their weakness and they have done nothing to improve that. As bad as Eliot was, his 15 game superman streak got them in the playoffs. They were a lottery team for the rest of the season

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Got to love the Flames fan coming into an Oilers GM appreciation thread pumping the tires of his own team :laugh:

I haven't checked their board recently but I don't see why they'd have a need for a Brad Trevelling appreciation thread. Gotta give praise somewhere I guess.:dunno:

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If I have to struggle reading a post I move on. I'm guessing you want people to read your strong points, no?

Apparently he just wants to 'own' people. I'm not really sure what that means in the 21st century. :laugh:

Back on topic.

Chia has been pretty good, again, this off-season. Russell is a question mark. But other than that, no worries.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Typical flames fan as always boasting about their so called best D in the league during the off season per usual.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Was not a Flames fan:laugh: His posts under that name all anti Oilers as well
If you've ever been to the cesspool known as CP you'll recognize that username. Who spends their spare time posing as an opposing fan on a message board? :laugh: :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad