Peter Chiarelli Appreciation Thread

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
When can we get some buyouts? Some of his contracts are looking worse and worse each day.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers beat the Blackhawks and not one post from StevenF or SamSteelFan. I guess you guys were just conveniently "out" or away from your computer and cell phone that night and following day, am I right?
At least try to act like you like the team a little bit so the obvious agenda isn't so obvious.

Not that Chia doesn't deserve some criticism but these type of "fans" are the ones who poison the board and drive the good posters away.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The Oilers beat the Blackhawks and not one post from StevenF or SamSteelFan. I guess you guys were just conveniently "out" or away from your computer and cell phone that night and following day, am I right?
At least try to act like you like the team a little bit so the obvious agenda isn't so obvious.

Not that Chia doesn't deserve some criticism but these type of "fans" are the ones who poison the board and drive the good posters away.
Yeah, sorry for not being satisfied with the state of the team right now. 2-5-0 is a completely acceptable record.

I had a midterm yesterday and so I spent most of the night studying. I watched a bit of the game and made one post but didn't get the chance to watch most of it.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The Oilers beat the Blackhawks and not one post from StevenF or SamSteelFan.

Yipee, their 2nd win of the year. Plan the parade!

I guess you guys were just conveniently "out" or away from your computer and cell phone that night and following day, am I right?

You're right, I do have an agenda: to call out poor coaching and management when I see it. I'm sorry I'm not easily impressed by four points and a bottom-five place in the standings. If you dig that, all the more power to you.

Your idea of a "good" poster/fan is a bandwagoner who stops posting when the team does poorly. Let the irony of that sink in a bit.

Reactions: StevenF1919

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yipee, their 2nd win of the year. Plan the parade!
You're right, I do have an agenda: to call out poor coaching and management when I see it. I'm sorry I'm not easily impressed by four points and a bottom-five place in the standings. If you dig that, all the more power to you.
Your idea of a "good" poster/fan is a bandwagoner who stops posting when the team does poorly. Let the irony of that sink in a bit.

No, my idea of a good poster is one that posts rational thoughts about the state of the team good or bad, not posters who only show up when the team is losing to post their little angry hate rants. Criticism is perfectly fine and I've been plenty critical of the team at times this season but obvious trolling is not.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The team was playing like garbage at that point, not sure what you were expecting?

The team won the game and you mysteriously disappeared and disappeared for the entire PGT as well. Pretty convenient I'd say that you happened to take a break from your mid term studying to post a hate Russell post and disappeared the rest of the time.

FTR, I'm not happy with the Russell contract either.

Reactions: Del Preston

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
No, my idea of a good poster is one that posts rational thoughts about the state of the team good or bad, not posters who only show up when the team is losing to post their little angry hate rants. Criticism is perfectly fine and I've been plenty critical of the team at times this season but obvious trolling is not.
Maybe we're angry because we spent 10 years watching the worst pro team in sports, finally got our savior in McDavid, and now our idiot GM is pissing it all away? If you're satisfied with consistent 1st/2nd round exits then that's fine, but some of us actually want to win something other than a draft lottery.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Wait, so you criticize that poster for having an "agenda" and posting only when the team does poorly... only to then link to a post they made during a game the Oilers won.

You really played yourself on that one. Good work mate.

Yeah, one post about Russell's horrible contract in a game that win. Nice try "mate".

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
No, my idea of a good poster is one that posts rational thoughts about the state of the team good or bad, not posters who only show up when the team is losing to post their little angry hate rants.

Given that you just posted a link from a person who made a critical comment during a game the team won, no, your idea of what a good poster is comes entirely out of your behind. Nice try though.

Criticism is perfectly fine and I've been plenty critical of the team at times this season but obvious trolling is not.

"Ooh why does TMac make me love him so much! Does he not realize I have a significant other in my life I need to also share my heart with?"

That's your type of criticism apparently.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Maybe we're angry because we spent 10 years watching the worst pro team in sports, finally got our savior in McDavid, and now our idiot GM is pissing it all away? If you're satisfied with consistent 1st/2nd round exits then that's fine, but some of us actually want to win something other than a draft lottery.

Uh yeah, they had a 103 point season last year and almost made to the WCF's. Were you studying for mid terms for the entire year last year?

And again, I don't think anybody should be happy with the state of the team but the blatant trolling is ruining the quality of the board and I'm sure many rational posters would agree with me.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The team won the game and you mysteriously disappeared and disappeared for the entire PGT as well. Pretty convenient I'd say that you happened to take a break from your mid term studying to post a hate Russell post and disappeared the rest of the time.

FTR, I'm not happy with the Russell contract either.
I watched the first period, went to bed at 8, wrote my midterm the next day, and then went out last night. Next time I'll go to the washroom during my exam and post from the toilet if it makes you happy :rolleyes:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Uh yeah, they had a 103 point season last year and almost made to the WCF's. Were you studying for mid terms for the entire year last year?

And again, I don't think anybody should be happy with the state of the team but the blatant trolling is ruining the quality of the board and I'm sure many rational posters would agree with me.
Oh wow, they had a 103 point season and ALMOST made the WCF's. I guess I should be happy then because we got over 100 points and won one playoff series! If that's your idea of success then maybe you should become a Caps fan instead.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

Criticizing someone for not posting when they weren't a member of the board. :facepalm:

Between this is and the "TROLL! YOU TROLL!" whining, I think I know what drove the rational posters away.

Reactions: Stauf4Prez

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oh wow, they had a 103 point season and ALMOST made the WCF's. I guess I should be happy then because we got over 100 points and won one playoff series! If that's your idea of success then maybe you should become a Caps fan instead.

Ok then. I've wasted enough time on you guys. You two deserve a 2-5 team so keep on enjoying the team failure I guess.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Ok then. I've wasted enough time on you guys. You two deserve a 2-5 team so keep on enjoying the team failure I guess.

Oh no, the poster with no arguments is threatening to leave the thread. I bet he or she is not doing it just to get attention and will not continue to post in this thread.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
chia meme.png

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
Chiarelli is a GM of the old nhl, he built the bruins on truculence, testosterone and pugnacity. The new nhl is puck moving d men, speed and skill. Since he got mcdavid, he surrounded him with big, lumbering forwards like marron, Lucic, kassian and stay at home d men like klefbom, Larson, nurse. Chiarelli failed to adapt to the new nhl and might have ruined mcdavid prime. He should be fired ASAP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad