Rumor: Pesce to New Jersey

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If this were to happen, and with the Keefe connection, I'd make a guess that a trade around Kämpf and Marino is just waiting to happen.

While it is true Keefe LOVES himself some David Kampf in his life, and I assure any Devils fans that read this he does.

I see 0 reason NJ does that.

Reactions: Visnovsky

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He can but he hasn't done it in a long time and he's much more effective on his dominant side. Would be very strange for NJ to go after him to put him on his off side.
Yep, agreed. I think Skjei could be a really good fit there though.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
He can but he hasn't done it in a long time and he's much more effective on his dominant side. Would be very strange for NJ to go after him to put him on his off side.
Pesce hasn't played on the left since 18-19. However, he was pretty darn effective. He and Faulk were arguably the best 1st pairing in the league for close to 2 months. It coincided with Carolina making a dramatic move up the standings and qualifying for the playoffs for the first time in a decade. Pesce's underlying numbers were better than Slavin's on the left side that season.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Marino-Nemec
Macdermid

Thats good.
Quick question, has siegenthaler turned into a top hearing defenseman? Or is he just good with Hamilton?
Thank you in advance and I hate you all. Friendly flyers fan from across the river.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Quick question, has siegenthaler turned into a top hearing defenseman? Or is he just good with Hamilton?
Thank you in advance and I hate you all. Friendly flyers fan from across the river.
Was very good with Dougie two years ago. Was both hurt and bad without him last year.

I'd say he's probably a fine #4-5 who looks particularly good carried with Dougie.

Reactions: Hextallent63

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Top pair? No. Legitimate top 4 guy? Probably, but with an asterisk that last season was full of ups and downs with more downs than up, hopefully just due to injury though. Two years ago there were metrics suggesting Siegenthaler was one of the better defensive defensemen in the league. This past season did nothing to reinforce confidence in that claim though.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for the info. Always thought he'd have been a good bottom 4 guy. Honestly watched him play more when he was with Washington though. You guys are going to be in the top of the division next year by the way.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Thanks for the info. Always thought he'd have been a good bottom 4 guy. Honestly watched him play more when he was with Washington though. You guys are going to be in the top of the division next year by the way.

We’ll see about that :laugh:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
That’s too much from Toronto’s end, but RD’s aren’t always available so who knows?
Lot of bidders I'd expect on a 2nd pairing RD on 2/3s of the league on a bargain deal.

1st I'd expect as the starting point.

Now, does Minten+Taking on the Kampf cap dump win the bidding war. Probably I'd think, depends on NJD scouting team view of Minten. But if you go dowm then I'm not as sure.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Seems this is gonna be one of those 12:05pm announced deals that totally had no tampering involved in anyway ( of course things can change ).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yes, he's declined significantly, ice time also went down almost 2 minutes this season. I wouldn't be racing to sign him to anything crazy but i'm sure he'll get something insane like 7 years at 7M or something.

That has nothing to do with his play, it's because with the addition of Orlov and emergence of Chatfield, the Canes had a 3rd pairing that could actually take on more minutes. Every one of the Canes top 4 D had their ice time go down from last season to this season because of the balance. Secondly, Pesce was playing 1:05 on the PP last year (and he shouldn't have been) and got no PP time this year. Their PK TOI/GP are almost identical.

ES TOI/GP (last year --> this year)

Slavin: 19:09-->18:00
Skjei: 18:34-->18:06
Pesce: 18:31-->17:49
Burns: 18:07-->16:34

Bottom Pairing:
DeHann: 13:00 --> Orlov: 15:57
Chatfield: 13:12-->14:30

PK TOI/GP: (last year --> this year)
Slavin: 2:42-->2:38
Pesce: 2:25-->2:20
Skjei: 2:19-->2:12