PENS vs Montreal Canadiens Round 1 (Best Of Five)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I thought the play-in wasn't considered a real part of the tournament considering that should they lose the team in question has a spot in the draft lottery?

Then again who knows... it's all a giant cluster. Making this shit up as they go along.

Well, I think it dawned on someone that you can't hold a draft lottery with 7 teams. Ergo considering the play in round 'playoff qualifying'.

As has been noted, if the Pens beat Montreal, the Wild get their 1st. If the Pens lose to Montreal, then the Wild get the Pens 2021 first, and the Pens are eligible for the lottery that Uncle Gary will promptly fix to insure the 1st overall.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well, I think it dawned on someone that you can't hold a draft lottery with 7 teams. Ergo considering the play in round 'playoff qualifying'.

As has been noted, if the Pens beat Montreal, the Wild get their 1st. If the Pens lose to Montreal, then the Wild get the Pens 2021 first, and the Pens are eligible for the lottery that Uncle Gary will promptly fix to insure the 1st overall.

Something tells me more and more will occur to them as the months drag on.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

So which Lafreniere/Byfield jersey are you going to get? I personally like that in the Home jerseys.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I think playing play off hockey before the round robin teams is better. Get into it straight away. Jake will be back too!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On paper the Pens are fairly stacked with Jake back.

That is until half the team goes down with paper cuts and hang nails.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You forget.

I have been on my sunny optimistic phase for a time now.

It won't last.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
On paper the Pens are fairly stacked with Jake back.

That is until half the team goes down with paper cuts and hang nails.
What's that saying?

If you want to make God laugh, remind him Jack Johnson is a regular on the Penguins...or something like that?

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Did I hear right on the radio in regards to the draft lottery, only the 7 non-playoff teams can be drawn in the top 3???

Reactions: BHD

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Did I hear right on the radio in regards to the draft lottery, only the 7 non-playoff teams can be drawn in the top 3???

You heard wrong: An explainer for the very confusing 2020 NHL Draft Lottery, which will include two phases

Basically, there are 8 'placeholder' spots. So, the 7 teams and then the 8 placeholders (8-15) with the lowest odds.

IF any one of the placeholder spots is picked for 1st overall, then there's a 2nd lottery among the 8 play in round losers, each having an equal 12.5% chance of winning.

EDIT: That's pretty ****** up. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Logic and reasoning make it seem like they'd be done for but I haven't seen it ruled out yet.

Actually, what people were wondering about was the draft when the league was talking about holding the draft before the end of the season. That's now moot.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

if we somehow got beat by the habs, but got got 1st overall. The screams from the main board would ease the pain of losing quite a bit.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
if we somehow got beat by the habs, but got got 1st overall. The screams from the main board would ease the pain of losing quite a bit.

This is the twilight of the amazing era of Malkin and Crosby, and add Letang to that. I would say the greatest era of Penguins hockey ever.

They have banked three cups, so anything more is gravy. But right now we should be wanting more cups, not a number one overall pick.

Uncle Gary will give us one of those once Crosby retires.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

That has occurred to me. :naughty:

This is the twilight of the amazing era of Malkin and Corsby, and add Letang to that. I would say the greatest era of Penguins hockey ever.

They have banked three cups, so anything more is gravy. But right now we should be wanting more cups, not a number one overall pick.

Uncle Gary will give us one of those once Crosby retires.

Of course. I think we're just speaking to the 'wouldn't it be hilarious' angle, not hoping for it.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Lafrenière on Sid's or Geno's wing for the remainder of their career could be enough for me to overcome the humiliation of losing against Montreal.

This kid is special. Hossa-like player. 3 years of this guy on a ELC with Sid and Geno STILL great... OMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad