PENS vs Montreal Canadiens Round 1 (Best Of Five)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Can I say this is incredibly stupid, dangerous & shortsighted
Keep in mind that the NHL has only approved Phase 2. They are requiring 6 feet between locker stalls. No shared food or drink. Small group non contact practice sessions on ice and off with everything sanitized in between. They are wading into this slowly and just trying to give the players a place to stay in shape at this point.

Phase 3 is training camp, which Bettman said isn't likely until Mid July. I'd expect the precautions above to remain at least until then. Assuming a 2 week camp, we are looking at August 1st as the earliest possible date for the start of games, likely later.

I appreciate the measured approach.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

dunno how credible this is, plus a couple days old, but this is the kind of thing that gives me zero trust (not that i had any before) in the NHL to go the distance necessary to actually protect everyone involved. it's gonna be a sh*tshow, just a question of when.

LGP anyway - it'll be good to see Jake back, and true secret weapon ZAR should return as well :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Keep in mind that the NHL has only approved Phase 2. They are requiring 6 feet between locker stalls. No shared food or drink. Small group non contact practice sessions on ice and off with everything sanitized in between. They are wading into this slowly and just trying to give the players a place to stay in shape at this point.

Phase 3 is training camp, which Bettman said isn't likely until Mid July. I'd expect the precautions above to remain at least until then. Assuming a 2 week camp, we are looking at August 1st as the earliest possible date for the start of games, likely later.

I appreciate the measured approach.

I still don't really get why you wouldn't just cancel the remainder of the season and have a normal start date, then though?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Confirmation that the Penguins get to keep their 1st (or they can choose to keep their 1st) if they lose to Montreal. The play-in series is not the playoffs.

So, IF the Pens lose in the play in round to the Habs, then they are considered to have missed the playoffs, in which case the Wild get the Pens 2021 1st for the Zucker trade.

What does that mean for the draft lottery? I'm assuming the league waits for the play in round before holding the draft lottery.

Just saw the actual draft is October . . .

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So, IF the Pens lose in the play in round to the Habs, then they are considered to have missed the playoffs, in which case the Wild get the Pens 2021 1st for the Zucker trade.

What does that mean for the draft lottery? I'm assuming the league waits for the play in round before holding the draft lottery.

Just saw the actual draft is October . . .

Lebrun said that they would be eligible for the lottery I believe.

Reactions: KIRK

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lose = draft lottery. Interesting.

I don't know what would be more glorious as a Pens fan...winning the cup vs losing to MTL, winning the draft lottery, and seeing the looks on the Red Wings fans faces.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Looks like it. Cup sometime in the fall. Draft in October. I'm guessing they'd start next season December.

I could see:

Cup by mid-Sept. Draft Sept 30, FA Oct 4th, camps Oct 11th, Start season 21st or 28th then just compress the schedule a little bit to get things back on track.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Lose = draft lottery. Interesting.

I don't know what would be more glorious as a Pens fan...winning the cup vs losing to MTL, winning the draft lottery, and seeing the looks on the Red Wings fans faces.

"HUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR DUUUUUUUUURRRRRR THEY RIGGED DER LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111".

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I could see:

Cup by mid-Sept. Draft Sept 30, FA Oct 4th, camps Oct 11th, Start season 21st or 28th then just compress the schedule a little bit to get things back on track.

At the very earliest I'd think . . .

But no way they start the 2020-2021 season that quickly, without any real break, if even for 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: BHD

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Looks like it. :dunno:

If we think the ice is bad in May, man, it's going to be AWFUL in July/August. :laugh:

I’m always on the ice in the summer and it’s not bad at all on sheets I’ve been on.

Now the one rink I frequent decided to turn off the A/C in the building last Labor Day for some odd reason... it was like something out of the ‘87 Fog Bowl, but that was a cheapskate decision I’d hope the NHL wouldn’t do.

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad