Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I hope so.

I freely admit I'm purely stat watching and relying on what I hear from others anecdotally but that's all any of us are doing on here so I don't feel guilty about that :laugh:.

I certainly hope that I'm wrong with my poorly informed opinion. I just wish he was putting up gaudier totals than he has. I feel like a 19 year old first rounder should be. But we'll see how he develops.

Okay. If you are stat watching he just put up his best point production in his WHL career which was good for top 20 amongst defenseman while missing camp and 10ish games.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Okay. If you are stat watching he just put up his best point production in his WHL career which was good for top 20 amongst defenseman while missing camp and 10ish games.
Pretty much the same totals as last season though. 61gp 45 points versus 59gp 46 points.

Woulda liked more offensive growth than that but again, I'm purely stat watching so maybe there's other growth in his game that I'm not seeing that makes him look like a good bet to be an NHLer.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Pretty much the same totals as last season though. 61gp 45 points versus 59gp 46 points.

Woulda liked more offensive growth than that but again, I'm purely stat watching so maybe there's other growth in his game that I'm not seeing that makes him look like a good bet to be an NHLer.
Perhaps his team wasn't as good? I don't know.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Pickering is not a top offensive defenseman, so offensive growth is not the end all and be all for him. He was compared to Travis Sanheim when drafted, mostly because of Hextall, but if he can become that level of player, I would be ecstatic with that.

If he can learn from Marcus Pettersson, that would also be awesome.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I still think it's hilarious that Kevin Hayes butted heads with Torts and was finally free only to go to the Blues where he felt he didn't fit in only to be moved to Torts' protege Mike Sullivan who has all the same ignorance without the loud personality.

Sucks to be Hayes.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I still think it's hilarious that Kevin Hayes butted heads with Torts and was finally free only to go to the Blues where he felt he didn't fit in only to be moved to Torts' protege Mike Sullivan who has all the same ignorance without the loud personality.

Sucks to be Hayes.
nah they hit it off at the Worlds

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
nah they hit it off at the Worlds
To amazing success might I add. 8 games, 1 goal, 1 point and -1.

Edit: Wait, did Sullivan even coach or be a part of that? I think the only member of the Pens staff there was Ty Hennes. I looked at that staff and a name stuck out to me.

Scott Aldrich, uncle of Brad Alridch. YUCK. Mike Aldrich, Brad's father, is the Head Equipment Manager of the Sharks. I wouldn't want that family around my team.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania

It has happened
That’s fun. Unless he shows he’s absolutely not ready in preseason, I say give him the nine game run.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
"Yaygah, that's a nice Bahston name, get him on the powah play and top line."

"Uh, he's from Canada."

"Fourth line with him!"

(And that was GS tries to speak like Mike Sullivan)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Lotta guys on this roster with sneaky good shots.

After a dominant training camp from Yager

"Alright Brayden we're going to give you 9 games and see where things go. But we want to make sure to set you up for success and start you in a role you can learn in and also get a feel for the things you'll be doing moving forward. Although it comes with some risk and a learning curve, we're going to put you with one of the top players on the team... don't worry... we are confident you can handle it. Jansen? Can you come on in here... I want to introduce you to your new linemate."

-Mike Sullivan sometime a few months from now, probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad