Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Sullivan leans on the vets already in the lineup too much among other criticisms… but every youngster with actual talent gets a legit shot and place in the lineup (except Sprong). Can’t remember anyone I wanted to get a “real” chance and didn’t that went on to to do anything.

Obv all the guys up in the Cup runs, but since then:
Blueger
Petts
Marino
O’Connor
Puustinen
St. Ivany
POJ

Marino is good but no one there is a top of the line-up type. All got a lot of games.

Without context, this is a deceptive statement in my opinion.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t know why anyone thinks Sid will take another contract that doesn’t have a $8.7M AAV attached lol…

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It is not just Rossi reporting the near extension for Sid. Nick Horwat at SI is also saying the same thing. And he is saying it is for the rest of his career. So it might not just be three years, it could be five imo.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Here are a few nicknames for our sweet prince GM:

Kyle “Yabba Dabba” Dubas
Kyle “The Plan” Dubas
Kyle “Younger n Hungrier” Dubas
Kyle “Little glasses guy” Dubas
Cringe*.

*I hated Hextall but also thought it was super cringe when dolts called him "sleepy"
*I am overall neutral on JR but thought it was super cringe when people said PK Chang!
*I think "Kindergarten Kyle" is the perfect way to demonstrate that you are a low IQ person

Geez...$10mil. Now more than ever when you need the cap space to bring in talent to improve depth...THAT is when Sid cashes in. :laugh: meh, good for him I guess. When you're a 94pt player, you earn that.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oh I think Sid can do whatever he wants, he's earned it. I just don't want to hear any more bullshit about how much he loves this club. :laugh:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
10MM AAV is a pay cut on a percentage of salary cap basis. It also pays him in line with Brayden Point and Jack Eichel. It's not a discount, but it's not off market expensive either.

Reactions: orby

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
3x10 makes sense. AAV matters little because the team will be declining anyway. This is a "ride into the sunset" type of situation.
Vestron Video (Lionsgate) Collector's Series Discussion Thread - Page 512 -  Blu-ray Forum

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’ve said this before but you have to remember Sid has “only” been making like 3 mil a year for a couple years now due to the now illegal front loaded contract he signed.
So? I mean, I get Sid wants to get paid, but at the same time I don't give a f*** if he did it a way he now regrets.

I'll be happy he signs, don't get me wrong. I just think it's weird to try to find some sort of sweetener to it, if he really does sign for 10 AAV.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So? I mean, I get Sid wants to get paid, but at the same time I don't give a f*** if he did it a way he now regrets.
So he’s outperformed what he’s been earning recently. Which is why I don’t think a “discount” is on the table.

That’s all I meant haha.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Meh. His cap hit was 8.7 in 2016/17 when the cap was almost 20 million lower than it will be next season when the deal kicks in. 10 is fine, especially for him accounting for inflation. He was getting 13 mil in actual salary in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad