Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
If Sid goes Dubas and FSG both become worse than Hextall in the eyes of the masses. You can’t come back from that, so.. he’s not going anywhere. They’d sooner pay him double his AAV assuming they have any common sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Remember when people thought Kasper Bjorkqvist was gonna be good because he had muscles?
My wife does, lol

2kz4g7z7tlb31.jpg

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
He lives for play off hockey. I think he is in Colorado by January.
Sakic can make the deal, they are a second line center away from truly contending for that 4th Cup.

I'll add this. Dubas and Sullivan combo will never see a play off game in Pittsburg.
Is that a new expansion team or did somebody relocate? and were are they located in California, Florida, Kansas, New Hampshire, Texas or Oklahoma?

Because the city in Western Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
The sad thing about the direction that Dubas chose is even though I do think it's what's best for the team in the long run it also gives Sullivan immunity. Now that the Pens are rebuilding in all but name there is going to be zero pressure on Sullivan to perform. Dubas clearly doesn't expect anything from this team so there will be no expectations on Sullivan either. If the Pens suck it will be "it's not Sullivan's fault we just didn't give him a good enough roster" and if they're good it will be "see this is why we kept Sully look what a great coach we have".
100%

Personally I think they will keep Sullivan until his contract is up. FSG gas been making some weird moves at the top and I don't think they will want to pay people not to work for them.

This doesn't upset me since I think Sullivan will be a great tank commander 👍

Reactions: PaulD and Pancakes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
100%

Personally I think they will keep Sullivan until his contract is up. FSG gas been making some weird moves at the top and I don't think they will want to pay people not to work for them.

This doesn't upset me since I think Sullivan will be a great tank commander 👍
It bothers me in that I don’t want our best prospects to be developed by that hack…he’ll have Yager PKing, back checking and failing to use his shot lol

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
It bothers me in that I don’t want our best prospects to be developed by that hack…he’ll have Yager PKing, back checking and failing to use his shot lol
that's already a part of his game so it's 2 out of 3 before he even gets signed.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sullivan has never shown at anytime is he a coach for or good with
young players, propects , developing.
Last guy you want around during a rebuild

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sullivan has never shown at anytime is he a coach for or hood with
young players, propects , developing.
Last guy you want around during a rebuild

Not that Sullivan should still be here but he has brought up quite a few young guys in his first few years.

After Sullivan got here we didn’t really draft well for much to come through until the last few years.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not that Sullivan should still be here but he has brought up quite a few young guys in his first few years.

After Sullivan got here we didn’t really draft well for much to come through until the last few years.

Didn't think he was particularly good in Boston or Pittsburg with young guys, prospects, special teams, developing .
Over rated coach imo

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
For some reason he has lost his respect for the importance of the offensive side of the game since then. He used to balance it more with defense when he arrived. There was more accountability with scoring and deployment.

Now you can get away with murder offensively if you just defend like he asks. Harkins, 2022-23 Carter, McGinn's 26-game pointless streak, Blueger 1 non-ENG in 45 games, etc...

That's why Puustinen didn't get called up in 2022-23 as a bottom-six fixture when we needed depth scoring to save our season, and he was leading Wilkes in scoring. Same thing with other guys who come up and chip in offensively, but get demoted anyway. Ty Smith for example. 4 points in 9 games as a D-man. Even was pretty ok defensively.
Sullivan: "Don't care. Want a stay-at-home D-man for 60% D-zone starts. f*** the PP and the fact that you may be able to help them. Laters. Good luck in Wilkes bud."

Last edited:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't like the recent ability of Sullivan to evaluate talent and put them in positions to succeed (this means using people in roles that may not fit your ideal gameplan, because you need to get guys productive reps in the NHL for the future)

He's seemed very scatterbrain over the last few struggle years.
He has come to the conclusion that as long as they take care of the defensive side of the game, everything else will take care of itself. Everything from his pressers and his actions supports that over the last few years.
Problem is he's wrong and needs to have that belief challenged. It wasn't challenged by Hextall, Reirden or Vellucci.

I hear Quinn has strong opinions and confronts people when there's a problem. He's known Mike 30 years. For people who still have hope for this season, the hope is that Quinn isn't afraid to call out his bullshit and demands what is necessary to get offensive results. If that means hurt feelings, too bad.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
He has come to the conclusion that as long as they take care of the defensive side of the game, everything else will take care of itself. Everything from his pressers and his actions supports that over the last few years.
Problem is he's wrong and needs to have that belief challenged. It wasn't challenged by Hextall, Reirden or Vellucci.

I hear Quinn has strong opinions and confronts people when there's a problem. He's known Mike 30 years. For people who still have hope for this season, the hope is that Quinn isn't afraid to call out his bullshit and demands what is necessary to get offensive results. If that means hurt feelings, too bad.
So basically...he's Rick Tocchet?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just realized if Crosby plays for 4 more years and his 80, 70, 60, 50 he'll be at 1856.

That's puts him at 41.

If he goes to a team where he isn't force to carry. I wonder if he can hit 90 twice. Then have two years of 70.

That puts him at 1916. He's potentially looking at retiring as the 2nd best point producer of all time if he leaves PIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad