Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I just realized if Crosby plays for 4 more years and his 80, 70, 60, 50 he'll be at 1856.

That's puts him at 41.

If he goes to a team where he isn't force to carry. I wonder if he can hit 90 twice. Then have two years of 70.

That puts him at 1916. He's potentially looking at retiring as the 2nd best point producer of all time if he leaves PIT.

Crosby's currently tied with Jagr for 5th in career playoff points. Still has a chance to finish 4th if he gets traded to a playoff team

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Here are a few nicknames for our sweet prince GM:

Kyle “Yabba Dabba” Dubas
Kyle “The Plan” Dubas
Kyle “Younger n Hungrier” Dubas
Kyle “Little glasses guy” Dubas

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
So basically...he's Rick Tocchet?
Much closer to Tocchet than passive Reirden, for sure. But yeah, it'd be very welcome to see a coach who is willing to push people's buttons for results.
Even if he sucks at actual coaching, I will embrace a return to that care factor on the staff. It's been absent too long.
This organization has lost its way and become meek. That bothers me more than the losing.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
He has come to the conclusion that as long as they take care of the defensive side of the game, everything else will take care of itself. Everything from his pressers and his actions supports that over the last few years.
i could buy in to this, but then when you look at our de standing off to the side of the net and shaking their stick at the puck. i come back to reality. :laugh:

Reactions: BusinessGoose

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think Crosby will sign a 3 year extension and lead the team through a couple of tank years with the hopes of playing a "Mario in 05-06" type of role at the end, mentoring the guys who will represent the new era. I can still see Sid as a productive player at 41 if he stays healthy.

By the time that deal ends, Letang will probably have been LTIRetired and 71 might already be hanging in the rafters. Weird to think about.

Reactions: Maninthebox87

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think Crosby will sign a 3 year extension and lead the team through a couple of tank years with the hopes of playing a "Mario in 05-06" type of role at the end, mentoring the guys who will represent the new era. I can still see Sid as a productive player at 41 if he stays healthy.

By the time that deal ends, Letang will probably have been LTIRetired and 71 might already be hanging in the rafters. Weird to think about.
I genuinely believe Sid could be a capable NHLer into his mid 40s. Now whether he'd be willing to accept 3MM a year to play a late career Matt Cullen style role at 44 is an entirely different question.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Not that Sullivan should still be here but he has brought up quite a few young guys in his first few years.

After Sullivan got here we didn’t really draft well for much to come through until the last few years.

Sullivan leans on the vets already in the lineup too much among other criticisms… but every youngster with actual talent gets a legit shot and place in the lineup (except Sprong). Can’t remember anyone I wanted to get a “real” chance and didn’t that went on to to do anything.

Obv all the guys up in the Cup runs, but since then:
Blueger
Petts
Marino
O’Connor
Puustinen
St. Ivany
POJ

Marino is good but no one there is a top of the line-up type. All got a lot of games.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yes it's Rossi but it's also basically just an educated prediction at this point.

He can claim he knew what was going on about a thing that any idiot knew was coming. Insider 101.

I almost hope Sid walks just to see Rossi stumble to explain how things changed when Sid met Kevin Hayes and he put milk in his bowl before his cereal. Thats not how we do things in Pittsburgh.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I feel like Sid could absolutely be a more defensive 3C as a 40+ year old if it came to it. The guy has the fitness and IQ to be one of the oldest to ever do it. Just depends on if he wants to.

Reactions: Sideline

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Here are a few nicknames for our sweet prince GM:

Kyle “Yabba Dabba” Dubas
Kyle “The Plan” Dubas
Kyle “Younger n Hungrier” Dubas
Kyle “Little glasses guy” Dubas
IMG_7633.jpeg

Dubas van der Linde

I’ll see myself out

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Hanks

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
if Sid’s contract extension is going to be announced today, just remember that 7/8/24 has a 7 and an 8 in it lol…

Reactions: Gurglesons

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Wait, hold up. Sullivan only worked with the WB/S Penguins for 24 games.

The 56-year-old Sullivan was named head coach of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton prior to the 2015-16 season, and guided the American Hockey League team to a 19-5-0-0 mark in 24 games, before being named head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins on December 12, 2015.

Why are we talking about him as a developmental coach at all?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Only like Martin St. Louis is a “developmental” coach IMO.

It’s not a development league. So I don’t blame coaches. Even if you tank properly and play youth you get fired for sucking. Look at Quinn last year.

Although given Sully probably has tenure maybe he could get away with it lmao.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He was a development coach in Chicago prior to coming here.
Yeah, but that's not what people are arguing. People are arguing he's responsible for the development of players like Rust and Jake. :dunno:

And lol, guess who was one of the players Sullivan "developed" during his year with Chicago? That's right, one Vinnie Hinostroza. :laugh:

It's just such a weird claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad