Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great. But I don’t understand why he’s signed and Yager isn’t? Please someone enlighten me

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They don’t want him. They’re gonna let him go to troll you.
Why would they do that? Andy brings up a good point, and one I've mentioned for OVER a year now, why hasn't Yager been signed?

Howe after being here for 15 mins was? That is kinda stupid.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Why would they do that? Andy brings up a good point, and one I've mentioned for a year now, why hasn't Yager signed while howe after 15 mins of being here was? That is kinda stupid.
They're trolling you too. He gone.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They're trolling you too. He gone.
They're not trolling me, they wouldn't risk losing our number 1 prospect just to troll me. That's ridiculous!

Great. But I don’t understand why he’s signed and Yager isn’t? Please someone enlighten me
This is where Kyle owes all of us an explanation. Seriously at this point there's no good reason as why Yager isn't signed.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They're not trolling me, they wouldn't risk losing our number 1 prospect just to troll me. That's ridiculous!

This is where Kyle owes all of us an explanation. Seriously at this point there's no good reason as why Yager isn't signed.
Maybe the reason is that he's doing the signings in alphabetical order.

Reactions: Darren McCord

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
ELCs are practically a formality. It's not something worth worrying about.

Would Yager even show up for team functions if he were going to tell the Penguins to stuff it?

The building is burning down and some of you are fretting about whether or not your package will arrive on time that day.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Ah yes, a hoagie just like Nonna Tutino used to hoag.

Ryder, no wonder you like this lineup so much, considering how much you love grinders.

grinder-sandwich-5271038-hero-04-3e9616d36781417eb429235769997f19.jpg

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Maybe you should go play in traffic, get hit by a car and that will ultimately and finally knock some sense into you.
What's more likely, they're signing the prospects based on alphabetical order on their calendar, or there being some big conspiracy or oversight that is preventing Yager from signing so far? Chew on that for a minute boomer.

• Haha
Reactions: Borgir

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What's more likely, they're signing the prospects based on alphabetical order on their calendar, or there being some big conspiracy or oversight that is preventing Yager from signing so far? Chew on that for a minute boomer.
Wait a min sunshine! You suggested they were trolling Andy as to a reason why, then myself.

So, now that those inane assertions didn't receive a resounding amount of applause you move the goal posts.

Yager should be signed, no reason at this juncture he shouldn't be.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
A couple somewhat interesting notes:
- I did my periodic check on the Pens' official list of scouts. Looks like Dubas has added a couple more: Evgeny Bogdanovich as an Amateur Scout, and Leonid Vaysfeld as a Pro Scout. I started tracking the scout listings for the Pens since sometime in the mid-oughts, and this is far and away the largest the scouting team has been in that entire time.
- Taylor Hasse has video of Tom Kostopoulos (Director of Player Development) talking post-scrimmage. One thing he mentioned was how much larger the Player Development staff has gotten under Dubas - and he's correct. Once upon a time, there would be a single "Player Development Coach" listed for the team. The team's Front Office Staff page currently lists 8 staff members, with TK as the head of the department. Based on things I've seen from the Dev camp, that's not the entirety of the list, either, since they have at least one skating coach who, for some reason, stopped being listed on the site in the past year, but was working with the prospects this week. The team's dietician has been referenced by a couple of prospects as well, and they aren't officially part of the Player Development department, for that matter.

If nothing else, this gives me some hope that the team will start getting better results out of the draft pipeline. When there was just one "Player Development Coach", who was generally part-time, at best, there was no way they were keeping up with a bunch of prospects and making sure they're developing properly. Now there's an entire team working on it, so there's at least a better chance.
I heard we don't have our Russian scout anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad