Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
No, if you listened to what he said, his moves (or lack thereof) are very consistent with the long term objective. You might not like it, but yep, very much in keeping with what he should be striving for.

Did he specifically say that getting younger was going to start three seasons from now, though?

Because we started the off-season with the idea that Yager, Ponomarev and Poulin were going to battle for the third-line center spot, with Eller either moving to line 4 or traded. And guys like Puljujarvi, Koivunen, Gruden et al were going to battle for a bottom-six winger position. Since then, Hayes, Lizotte and Beauvillier were added and only Smith was subtracted. Joseph was subtracted, while Grzelcyk and Aho were added.

So essentially, we are (I guess) younger if you consider Hayes is 32 and replacing Carter, but Grzeclyk is older than Joseph, Beauvillier is older than any young winger who could have taken a roster spot, including Puljujarvi, and Lizotte is obviously older than any center prospect we have.

This getting younger idea of Dubas's is getting old.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully we’re playing some serious hardball with Sid. He’s made too much for too long. Aging rapidly too, I question his commitment and desire at this point.

Hopefully he’s telling Dubas “Kyle, you’ve made some dumb decisions that are wasting my last few years, including retaining Sullivan. I’m not sure I want to be a part of such a poorly run team” lol

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Where you golfing at?

Live footage of @ColePens

1720712958531.gif

Cue the trade Sid at the deadline talk…lol
1720713135162.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Young Ones were highly underrated.

Yup. One of my favourite shows. First discovered it when I was 13. Most people I know have never heard of it.
Oh... Cornflakes... This place is exactly like that place. Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! Cornflakes! and..... Cornflakes!

Bland, tasteless... oh, and boring. Guys, guys!, look at us squabbling, bickering, like children... What's happening to us? We never used to be like this...

"Small silence" .... *YES WE DID!*

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Did he specifically say that getting younger was going to start three seasons from now, though?

Because we started the off-season with the idea that Yager, Ponomarev and Poulin were going to battle for the third-line center spot, with Eller either moving to line 4 or traded. And guys like Puljujarvi, Koivunen, Gruden et al were going to battle for a bottom-six winger position. Since then, Hayes, Lizotte and Beauvillier were added and only Smith was subtracted. Joseph was subtracted, while Grzelcyk and Aho were added.

So essentially, we are (I guess) younger if you consider Hayes is 32 and replacing Carter, but Grzeclyk is older than Joseph, Beauvillier is older than any young winger who could have taken a roster spot, including Puljujarvi, and Lizotte is obviously older than any center prospect we have.

This getting younger idea of Dubas's is getting old.
You know, we can still move guys out like Eller for instance. Poulin IMO is a bust anyhow. I fully expect Pono to make the team. None of these moves preclude anyone from breaking through IF they show they are capable.

Koivunen is likely a year away and he's not a bottom six guy. He's skilled so lumping him in with Gruden for example doesn't make much sense.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The reviews on Murashov are glowing from development camp. Sounds like he and the Pens org have a tough decision to make on what to do with him next season: struggle to get him enough playing time in the minors, or let him sign in the KHL and not see him again for 3 years. The Pens goalie depth is stacked.

lol…we’re in on every formerly good scorer who sucks now

I mean if he is cheap, sure why not.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
The reviews on Murashov are glowing from development camp. Sounds like he and the Pens org have a tough decision to make on what to do with him next season: struggle to get him enough playing time in the minors, or let him sign in the KHL and not see him again for 3 years. The Pens goalie depth is stacked.

I mean if he is cheap, sure why not.
Contract is not cheap. 6 mil, ouch!
And I guess Chicago is not paying to get rid of him?
I don't think I wanna pay assets for the current version of Hall to get him with retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad