Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Remember when Sullivan said his approach was pairs for forwards and having one that can slot up and down?

giphy.gif

He literally only meant that for Crosby.

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I don't think the weight thing matters for Yager as much as blokes keep harping on about. That skill he has and his game wasn't hindered by his size or weight at any point. He's one inch taller than Brayden Point for example and about 4lbs lighter and that's not taking into account his off season training where he's likely added more strength and size.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the main concern I have with Yager are the fairly consistent reports from people who watched Moose Jaw last year that said "Yager was a passenger with great teammates". The weight is why he probably doesn't stick at center, the bigger concern is how much his great 2023-2024 was him versus who he was playing with.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
What most hope for I'm guessing...

McGroarty, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Rakell
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass
Beauvillier, Eller, Lizotte

Hayes as a winger would be wiser, so Glass can grow into a 3c. But Sullivan will Sullivan that shit up. I hope Puustinen is traded or is claimed and makes a fool out of Kindergarten Kyle and Sullitwat.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I think the main concern I have with Yager are the fairly consistent reports from people who watched Moose Jaw last year that said "Yager was a passenger with great teammates". The weight is why he probably doesn't stick at center, the bigger concern is how much his great 2023-2024 was him versus who he was playing with.
You need support players, but you can not build a team around support players.

It's good that we got mcgroaty and fine to not have Yager. Just needed both really, but it's not really a problem to worry about right now when building the team

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024

McGroarty, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Rakell
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass

Hayes as a winger would be wiser, so Glass can grow into a 3c. But Sullivan will Sullivan that shit up. I hope Puustinen is traded or is claimed and makes a fool out of Kindergarten Kyle and Sullitwat.
I think Rakell works better with Crosby, and I think the possession numbers show that, too, but Sullivan loves playing Rust on Crosby's line.

Meanwhile, Rust works with Malkin, too.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

McGroarty, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Rakell
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass
You need support players, but you can not build a team around support players.

It's good that we got mcgroaty and fine to not have Yager. Just needed both really, but it's not really a problem to worry about right now when building the team

I really hated the Beauvillier signing and hate it even more tbh

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really hated the Beauvillier signing and hate it even more tbh

Depends on how he's used. Their bottom-6 centers aren't particularly fast, so having speedy wingers around them makes sense to me. I like Lizotte-Glass-Beauvillier on paper a lot, if they run with that as L4.

I hate having Hayes on the roster more than anything, just because you know he'll play. O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen and Lizotte-Glass-Beauvillier looks like a solid bottom-6 to me, at least relative to what they've had in the past few years.

Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
McGroarty from my meaningless perusing of highlights reminds me of Matthew Tkachuk (not as good, obviously) in how he skates (poorly) but is in good position, in the middle of the play, going to the net and has good hands/vision.

Reactions: Headshot77

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
My guess is Acciari and or Eller will be moved before the puck drops in real time. Eller with one year may be a preferred trade. Pens drafted RD up the kazoo last draft and I can see Dubas moving to draft RG center and RW RH shooters next draft. Draft pick or prospect back and free up cap space.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Depends on how he's used. Their bottom-6 centers aren't particularly fast, so having speedy wingers around them makes sense to me. I like Lizotte-Glass-Beauvillier on paper a lot, if they run with that as L4.

I hate having Hayes on the roster more than anything, just because you know he'll play. O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen and Lizotte-Glass-Beauvillier looks like a solid bottom-6 to me, at least relative to what they've had in the past few years.

Nah. Beauvillier sucks and he’s gonna get over played by Sully.

I dislike Hayes but I think he’s way more likely to find some form of his game back then Beauvillier.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024

I dislike Hayes but I think he’s way more likely to find some form of his game back then Beauvillier.
I hated Beauvillier on the Islanders, but that's because he always seemed to burn the Pens, and then I realized that is typical of practically anyone wearing an Islanders jersey.

Until last season I would have loved him on the Pens, but now, I'm not so sure.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I question how much Beauvillier can get overplayed with who's ahead of him on the depth chart, especially after adding McGroarty. The worst case scenario seems to be Puustinen healthy scratched and Beauvillier on L3.

But either way, I think they need speed around their slow bottom-6 centers and Beauvillier is definitely fast. I have a bigger issue with Hayes because Hayes is blocking Glass from having a bottom-6 C spot.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

McGroarty, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Rakell
O'Connor, Hayes, Glass

Rakell- Crosby- McGroarty
Bunting- Malkin- Rust
O'Connor- Glass- Hayes
Lizotte- Ponomarev- Beauvillier/Puustinen

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I question how much Beauvillier can get overplayed with who's ahead of him on the depth chart, especially after adding McGroarty. The worst case scenario seems to be Puustinen healthy scratched and Beauvillier on L3.

But either way, I think they need speed around their slow bottom-6 centers and Beauvillier is definitely fast. I have a bigger issue with Hayes because Hayes is blocking Glass from having a bottom-6 C spot.

I think Glass is destined to be a wing.

I would say our LW depth is ideally McGroaty, Bunting, DOC, Lizotte / Poulin. So I hate having Beauvillier who is extremely inconsistent and a hot and cold player who plays “sullivan’s” game in there.

It’s similar to Acciari who I actually like but is just blocking the RW path.

Ideally our bottom six would be…

DOC - Hayes / Eller - Puustinen
Poulin - Lizotte - Glass

That’s how you get young and hungry vibes in this roster.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I hated Beauvillier on the Islanders, but that's because he always seemed to burn the Pens, and then I realized that is typical of practically anyone wearing an Islanders jersey.

Until last season I would have loved him on the Pens, but now, I'm not so sure.
Maybe we can trade him for a 2032 3rd.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Glass is destined to be a wing.

I would say our LW depth is ideally McGroaty, Bunting, DOC, Lizotte / Poulin. So I hate having Beauvillier who is extremely inconsistent and a hot and cold player who plays “sullivan’s” game in there.

It’s similar to Acciari who I actually like but is just blocking the RW path.

Ideally our bottom six would be…

DOC - Hayes / Eller - Puustinen
Poulin - Lizotte - Glass

That’s how you get young and hungry vibes in this roster.

I would honestly rather have Lizotte-Glass-Beauvillier than Poulin-Lizotte-Glass. I don't think either Glass or Poulin have the wheels to succeed as a winger, at least on the Penguins. I agree with your 3rd line (but would prefer Eller in the spot obviously) but I would rather have Beauvillier than Poulin as a winger, just because I'm completely out on Poulin as an effective NHL winger here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad