Post-Game Talk: Pens suck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
EK and Sid have hard carried this team so far.

Malkin needs to get on in the stat sheet. Guentzel has been amazing aswell, but they need more consistent play from their wings.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I truly believe that if they could fix the power play, this team would be in a much better state. Holding leads is a concern, but I think part of it is this team playing too tight mentally because they're afraid they won't be able to get a lead back if they blow it.
And they’re right lol…

they do play tight…very tight

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think Sullivan and Reirden suck, but I also think the power play woes are largely on the players as well. It's not a coincidence that the PP has run most smoothly in this era with guys like Gonchar or Kessel who had the balls to not simply defer to Sid and Geno, or when they had a legit net-front guy in Hornqvist or Malone.

Not sure the PP is fixable. Fire Reirden as a hail mary, and if that fails trade Jake and EK at the deadline.
This party's over. It's been over.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I'm not wild about him as a head coaching candidate, but his experience with Edmonton's power play couldn't hurt, especially compared to Reirden.
you really think Reirden or Sullivan are telling these Entitled Players what to do & they listen ?

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Ahhh. No Geno was creating so many chances and neither of his two linemates could not convert and he really was responsible on the defensive side. What game were you watching.
Ahh no. I’m Geno’s biggest advocate here. His effort stunk tonight. Full stop.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
You also forgot to mention that we dumped Granlund, Petry, Desmith and Ruuta for him. You wouldn’t have been able to get rid of them easily.

You’re making that trade all day.

Only problem is that we never NEEDED to dump any of those aside from Granlund. All the idiots who spent a good chunk of last season shrieking hysterically that OMG PETTREEE SUXXX are just that -- idiots. Who woulda thunk that we'd be better off with Petry+Rutta than we are with EK + being forced to start the season with a couple of complete chumps (POJ, Ruh) on the 3rd pair? But here we are.

EK isn't terrible, just nowhere near worth his cost and never was NECESSARY for this team. Except insofar that Dubas wanted to make a big splashy move to get credit for, and doing so with FSG's blessing because EK could supposedly help fill some of those empty seats at PPG and sell some "merch" for the Pens.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Not sure the PP is fixable. Fire Reirden as a hail mary, and if that fails trade Jake and EK at the deadline.
This party's over. It's been over.
Yeah but the organization's intent on trying to keep up the masquerade so the already rough rebuild is gonna be like 15 years of garbage when you add into the last half decade of Pens hockey.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Now sure is a good time to have other things to do.

That being said, let's place the blame where it really lies: with Yohe saying that, due to the win streak, they could afford to lose a couple/some of the upcoming games.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Only problem is that we never NEEDED to dump any of those aside from Granlund. All the idiots who spent a good chunk of last season shrieking hysterically that OMG PETTREEE SUXXX are just that -- idiots. Who woulda thunk that we'd be better off with Petry+Rutta than we are with EK + being forced to start the season with a couple of complete chumps (POJ, Ruh) on the 3rd pair? But here we are.

EK isn't terrible, just nowhere near worth his cost and never was NECESSARY for this team. Except insofar that Dubas wanted to make a big splashy move to get credit for, and doing so with FSG's blessing because EK could supposedly help fill some of those empty seats at PPG and sell some "merch" for the Pens.
Man if you watch this team and think the third defensive pair is the overarching issue, I don’t think there’s any reasonable discussion to be had

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

I'd make the EK trade again easily. Pens would probably be at the bottom if we kept Granlund, Petry, Rutta with Sullivan here.

Reactions: Josey Wales
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad