Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
As Mark Madden has said:

-Sully won’t be fired.

-The power play won’t change, and it’s on the players, NOT the coaches.

So don’t discuss these things. Learn to deal with it.
As Mark Madden has said:

"How, exactly, do they 'unload Granlund, Petry, and DeSmith somehow'? Because if you know, then *you* should be the GM."

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
He's "great" sure, whatever, but he's not what this team needs. He's never what this team needed. Pens had the most blown leads in the league last year without him, and the Pens are going to have the most blown leads in the league this year with him.

Him and his 10 million dollar cap hit didn't fix anything.

I don't know how many losses, were the Pens lose the exact same way, for the third year in a row, you people needed before you realize this.

Insanity at this point.
I think we needed a game-breaker talent since Kessel left. Karlsson just might not be the one he makes too many mistakes and he rarely makes great plays on tight games.

These losses might as well be on coach. I don't believe we would be this irresponsible with somebody like Montgomery or Cassidy behind the bench. And yes both of those guys were available when I was posting about firing Sullivan

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I think we're stuck with Sullivan until the core retires so be ready to enjoy this shit product for a couple more years. Theres no way a coach lasts through so many shit seasons unless the players are vouching for him.
They should keep trading 1st round picks.... that's the answer. Along with a 6 x7 NMC for Jake. I'm telling you, this is the answer.

I remember talking to Madden this summer about the EK trade and I stated that the Pens are going to really regret trading away that first round pick, he laughed, called me a moron and hung up.

Who's the moron?? They may be able to protect that pick this year, they won't next year.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
He's "great" sure, whatever, but he's not what this team needs. He's never what this team needed. Pens had the most blown leads in the league last year without him, and the Pens are going to have the most blown leads in the league this year with him.

Him and his 10 million dollar cap hit didn't fix anything.

I don't know how many losses, were the Pens lose the exact same way, for the third year in a row, you people needed before you realize this.

Insanity at this point.
I think we needed a game-breaker talent since Kessel left. Karlsson just might not be the one he makes too many mistakes and he rarely makes great plays on tight games.

These losses might as well be on coach. I don't believe we would be this irresponsible with somebody like Montgomery behind the bench.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Its not important in the realm of the state of the team.

But with 4 minutes left a Sabres just destroyed someone in the Sabres zone and Malkin went and tried to lay out a huge revenge hit immediately, he is leaving it all out there! You have to love that regardless of the team result, the fire is still burning in his eyes.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Three things are clear, Pens can't miss players as the margin is so small. There are no real anwsers in WB. Dubas withn no cap space has to start to get the Pens into a bigger more physical game. Sullivan just wont change his game so FSG will have to eat a contract. Or Sullivan is told by Dubas to adjust his coaching or he is gone. Maybe he wants that so either way this crap in its 6th year has to end. Buffalo has a nice future but are not real good currently. Now by the end of December, Pens will probably be out of the playoffs and move guys who are not the future.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Meh. I guess they were winning but it was f***ing dreadful grindy hockey where all it would took is a couple bounces to blow the lead and that's what happened.

I miss being a team that could put away games by getting 3 or 4 goal leads. This team hasn't been that for several years now.

We either barely win or barely lose. When every game is a barely in either direction you're basically playing out some coin flips and coin flip hockey ain't that conducive to making the playoffs.
and thats that famous puck luck...when you rely on some shots from blue line and wall and looking for lucky redirect...this is what you get...but there is no one there t==except Rust on this team that would drive that kind of game...Sid is now greatest grinder once they established possession he is still teh best...we don't have nay other players that can drive plays that's over...this team will finish below 500

Reactions: Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Remember when Sully first took over and this team was an absolute terror in the third that struck fear into the other team and came back again and again?

Good times those...
Yeah the core was much younger too. Good times indeed. I guess this is what to expect the next 3-4 years and then the rebuild begins.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Remember when Sully first took over and this team was an absolute terror in the third that struck fear into the other team and came back again and again?

Good times those...
They also didn't blow a single 3rd period lead under Sullivan in a calendar year from 2015 into 2017 I believe.

Yea, times have changed.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Good times those...
I think it's clear they need to make adjustments, because the rest of the NHL can now play that way, too. I don't understand why they continue to be so aggressive on the forecheck, which leads to them being loose in the neutral zone and allows teams to break the press and gain possession.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
2 goals again & yes the Spilt up the PP Geno got shifted to 2nd Unit & Golden Boy keeps his Birthright spot on PP 1

Remember when we had a crazy streak with wins after leading in second intermission right after Sully was hired? We didn't have much more responsible players defensively back then.

Time to give new coach a chance before the season is ruined we can success with good coach
who is going to magically make them play smart ?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Sullivan and Reirden suck, but I also think the power play woes are largely on the players as well. It's not a coincidence that the PP has run most smoothly in this era with guys like Gonchar or Kessel who had the balls to not simply defer to Sid and Geno, or when they had a legit net-front guy in Hornqvist or Malone.

Reactions: ChaosAgent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad