Post-Game Talk: Pens suck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
As Mark Madden has said:

-Sully won’t be fired.

-The power play won’t change, and it’s on the players, NOT the coaches.

So don’t discuss these things. Learn to deal with it.
Well just have to deal with it all the way to a lottery pick.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Letang was really good defensively to start the season. He's now had several bad games in the span of about 10 days or so.

Karlsson is pressing.

Malkin is struggling.

Smith has cooled off.

DOC is way out of his depth on the first line.

Nylander is an AHL player playing on the second line.

And this team has no killer instinct.

If I'm Dubas, I fire Reirden, hire Woodcroft to run the power play, and if the Pens don't get their act together by Christmas, I replace Sullivan with Woodcroft.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I was at work so couldn't watch closely.

Since when is "you are responsible for your stick" not the rule for high sticking? The Pens got called on one this month when a linesman caused Ruhwedel's stick to go high.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I know you’re mad that you had to wait 19 games to finally post this non-sense. Go back where you came from. EK is still great.

He's "great" sure, whatever, but he's not what this team needs. He's never what this team needed. Pens had the most blown leads in the league last year without him, and the Pens are going to have the most blown leads in the league this year with him.

Him and his 10 million dollar cap hit didn't fix anything.

I don't know how many losses, were the Pens lose the exact same way, for the third year in a row, you people needed before you realize this.

Insanity at this point.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The crazy thing is, they look absolutely fine throughout 2 periods. Then with a lead or without, they f***ing soil themselves continuously in the 3rd. It’s absolutely insane and inexcusable. It’s been basically 2 full seasons now.

f***ing figure it out
It's purely mental man. If WE know exactly what's coming so do they.

Reactions: Al Smith

Super Duper

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
Last two minutes everyone seemed to just not really care.

This is a common thing this whole season. They dont care and coast when things don't go their way.

It's like, because theyre older and extremely skilled, they almost expect their experience to carry them the whole way. When it doesnt happen, oh well.

They probably think it's elder abuse or something

Reactions: Kiith Nabaal

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
He's "great" sure, whatever, but he's not what this team needs. He's never what this team needed. Pens had the most blown leads in the league last year without him, and the Pens are going to have the most blown leads in the league this year with him.

Him and his 10 million dollar cap hit didn't fix anything.

I don't know how many losses, were the Pens lose the exact same way, for the third year in a row, you people needed before you realize this.

Insanity at this point.
I think most people here knew that this team won’t be much different under Sully. Karlsson isn’t even in the top 5 issues with this team right now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The crazy thing is, they look absolutely fine throughout 2 periods. Then with a lead or without, they f***ing soil themselves continuously in the 3rd. It’s absolutely insane and inexcusable. It’s been basically 2 full seasons now.

f***ing figure it out
Meh. I guess they were winning but it was f***ing dreadful grindy hockey where all it would took is a couple bounces to blow the lead and that's what happened.

I miss being a team that could put away games by getting 3 or 4 goal leads. This team hasn't been that for several years now.

We either barely win or barely lose. When every game is a barely in either direction you're basically playing out some coin flips and coin flip hockey ain't that conducive to making the playoffs.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Super Duper

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
I think we're stuck with Sullivan until the core retires so be ready to enjoy this shit product for a couple more years. Theres no way a coach lasts through so many shit seasons unless the players are vouching for him.
Once the core retires it'll still be shit for a while. We have a prospect pool the size of a standing shower

Reactions: Malkinstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad