Post-Game Talk: Pens/Stars - Grinding em down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Dumo has been playing better overall lately so he hasn't been a complete drag but he still has a few yikes moments every game it feels like.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Dumo has been playing better overall lately so he hasn't been a complete drag but he still has a few yikes moments every game it feels like.

He's been okay... his problem is exactly what you said. Every few shifts literally nothing works for him, his skating is bad, positioning is bad, puck is a hand grenade, his passing is bad... it's crazy how bad his moments feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pancakes

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
+++I was about to complain that the Malkin line "looks good" but gets precious few quality chances, again.
++Good defensive game overall
+++Ruutta, POJ
+++Best defensive game I've seen Malkin play since...I don't remember honestly. Great that he got rewarded. He did also draw the 2 penalties.
+Jarry

--L1

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
His play against the Wings in 08-9 was honestly some of the finest defensive hockey I've seen, especially in game 7. He was a back checking stick lifting demon that series.
At some point when I'm not sober I need to rewatch that third period. I remember it was an epic turtle fest and he had the only shot, a slapper from outside the circles.

It would be mentally taxing but fun

Reactions: Pancakes

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Very solid outing tonight, I thought we competed for a full 60 minutes, with very minimal in the way of lapses. Give Dallas plenty of credit they brought a strong effort themselves. Nonetheless I can't help but believe when we play a younger faster team we're going to be up against it. We're soon going to find out what's what over the next couple weeks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Very solid outing tonight, I thought we competed for a full 60 minutes, with very minimal in the way of lapses. Give Dallas plenty of credit they brought a strong effort themselves. Nonetheless I can't help but believe when we play a younger faster team we're going to be up against it. We're soon going to find out what's what over the next couple weeks.

Did pretty good against Buffalo.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Did pretty good against Buffalo.
Truthfully we held on for dear life against the Sabres. And they're not nearly as talented as the devils and Rangers. Or even Carolina. Those teams have far more formidable lineups. Don't get me wrong the Sabres have mad skill on the blue line but they aren'texactly an elite team. The devils, canes, and Rangers have the potential of being elite. So obviously there's a big uptick in talent that we'll be soon facing. And then the one game we played the canes I think they handled us rather well. It went overtime but they had the better of the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad