Post-Game Talk: Pens/Stars - Grinding em down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Ruh has been very solid when he's played.

Honestly Dumo was the huge drag this game. God was he bad. Not enough to cost us the game but he made a few plays where it almost could have. He's been playing better since an awful start but he still looks toast physically.

I'd love to upgrade on him. The problem is I *know* if we trade for a LD that it will be POJ sitting instead of Dumo for some insane reason. That's just how it always works out.
Not disagreeing, but hell, relish the moment, at least in PGTs, that game was a hoot! I don't know shit about analytics, but thought Dallas had like a bazillion great chances. I'm back to loving this team, as lazy and gutless as they are supposed to be! ;-). I will drink less next game, promise.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Not disagreeing, but hell, relish the moment, at least in PGTs, that game was a hoot! I don't know shit about analytics, but thought Dallas had like a bazillion great chances. I'm back to loving this team, as lazy and gutless as they are supposed to be! ;-). I will drink less next game, promise.
Pretty dull game for both sides.

<2.0 xGF for both teams

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
It feels like the most obvious move is to eventually just replace Dumoulin with Ty Smith.

I've been a POJ backer for a while, but he's impressed me with his play in the defensive zone. I think you can run Pettersson-POJ-Smith in some combination on the left side and be very solid, even if it means treating Smith like they did Justin Schultz and Mike Matheson for a while and giving them sheltered, offensive minutes.

That's how confident I feel in giving POJ top four minutes and how good Pettersson has looked.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It feels like the most obvious move is to eventually just replace Dumoulin with Ty Smith.

I've been a POJ backer for a while, but he's impressed me with his play in the defensive zone. I think you can run Pettersson-POJ-Smith in some combination on the left side and be very solid, even if it means treating Smith like they did Justin Schultz and Mike Matheson for a while and giving them sheltered, offensive minutes.

That's how confident I feel in giving POJ top four minutes and how good Pettersson has looked.

This would be insane because Dumoulin is playing 3rd or 4th most minutes at 5v5 and leading our PK so it would make no sense to insulate him Smith by doing that.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
That's a game they should win, and they did. This squad has some grit to it.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Any of Ruh, Friedman, Smith in Dumo's spot will probably be an upgrade.
He has zero confidence out there with his distribution, his skating's shot, and he's not covering his checks well at all.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt last year, saying he deserves a chance to rebound. Well we're at game 30 and he's still so bad. It's time to thank him for his years of quality service and make a trade.

We were so lucky not to concede on his giveaways tonight.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Any of Ruh, Friedman, Smith in Dumo's spot will probably be an upgrade.
He has zero confidence out there with his distribution, his skating's shot, and he's not covering his checks well at all.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt last year, saying he deserves a chance to rebound. Well we're at game 30 and he's still so bad. It's time to thank him for his years of quality service and make a trade.

We were so lucky not to concede on his giveaways tonight.

I hope they do this just so you can see how completely this will blow up in our face. Sounds a lot like letting Oleksiak and Hunwick take over Cole's minutes in 17-18. Luckily our current GM is actually smart.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
This would be insane because Dumoulin is playing 3rd or 4th most minutes at 5v5 and leading our PK so it would make no sense to insulate him Smith by doing that.
Honestly, I think any combination of Rutta, Pettersson, Petry, POJ and Letang on the PK would do just fine. Letang plays a bit more PK while Smith takes his spot on the first power play.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Honestly, I think any combination of Rutta, Pettersson, Petry, POJ and Letang on the PK would do just fine. Letang plays a bit more PK while Smith takes his spot on the first power play.

I mean, more power to you.

The Dumo nonsense reminds me a ton of how any AHLer could replace McGinn before the season started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad