Post-Game Talk: Pens/Stars - Grinding em down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Good to see the Pens winning these tight checking games. Rutta with the play to box out Robertson was the type of play we've been missing in the playoffs the past few years.

I just love our commitment to defending right now. When we do that, we can win in bunches, because our offense is good enough to find goals.

We defend, the goals will come.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I love how this team has just downright dummied other teams this year outside of that horrendous 7 game losing streak.

This game showed exactly why you want to have all 3 of Letang, Petry and Rutta on RD. With one of them down, you want the other 2 to step up and hold down the fort on RD. With Ruhwedel being competent on the 3rd pair, the RD group is still in decent shape even with an injury.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I love how this team has just downright dummied other teams this year outside of that horrendous 7 game losing streak.

This game showed exactly why you want to have all 3 of Letang, Petry and Rutta on RD. With one of them down, you want the other 2 to step up and hold down the fort on RD. With Ruhwedel being competent on the 3rd pair, the RD group is still in decent shape even with an injury.
Ruh has been very solid when he's played.

Honestly Dumo was the huge drag this game. God was he bad. Not enough to cost us the game but he made a few plays where it almost could have. He's been playing better since an awful start but he still looks toast physically.

I'd love to upgrade on him. The problem is I *know* if we trade for a LD that it will be POJ sitting instead of Dumo for some insane reason. That's just how it always works out.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Grinding out a win against a great healthy team. Rutta was excellent in that 3d period, making huge defensive plays and I like him in the offensive zone too. Underrated shot, but he can certainly shoot too. Jarry is great. PK is great. Joseph is very good. When the Pens are this focused defensively, they are still very good. That´s how they should play.

Reactions: Sorry and Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
TJ was in the zone
Rutta and POJ most noticable
I like the fourth too, they weren't that good but still just pain in their neck
our weakest link is that L3 but they don't get scored on so I guess its passable as long as either L1 or L2 carry the play big time

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ruh has been very solid when he's played.

Honestly Dumo was the huge drag this game. God was he bad. Not enough to cost us the game but he made a few plays where it almost could have. He's been playing better since an awful start but he still looks toast physically.

I'd love to upgrade on him. The problem is I *know* if we trade for a LD that it will be POJ sitting instead of Dumo for some insane reason. That's just how it always works out.
We traded Scuderi for Daley…we can trade Dumo for another D languishing somewhere else…Dumo is just as bad Scuderi circa 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->