Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
If the Pens are making any trades, it needs to be a guy with a mean streak. Someone who will be an actual leader and set an example.

Last night a Flames player decided to run over Jarry after scoring last night and no one did anything. None of the Flames even looked around in case they got jumped. Other teams have no respect for the soft Pens who play scared and don't protect their crease. I say it all the time how other teams players skate circles around the Pens because they know they can deke around with their heads down without being taken advantage of. Saw that last night with Kadri's goal, skated down the ice like he was in the womans hockey league.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think both their biggest fails were not firing sullivan.

Dubas had a pretty awfully UFA yes but if he sells this year than he improved over hextall who should have sold last year. Zucker might have fetch a first or good prospect. They lost a 2nd trading for Granlund.

Again I dont think Dubas has done a ton of good. I just dont think he has done as much bad yet as Hextall did.

Let's see what Dubas actually sells before we start giving him credit for it.

Also, let's see what he gets if he does sell.. Dubas isn't exactly known for his trading skills.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Time really is a flat circle. I keep reading the same shit on here time after time after.....

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't believe they are the same at all. But they are still effective players.

Letang has 6 goals and 27 points at 5v5 this year in 58 games.

He had 3 goals and 7 points at 5v5 in 13-14 at 5v5 in 37 games.

The undoing is clearly by the coach not the players.
Like when Jarry was historically bad against the Isles? Like when Trouba took out Sid in our last gasp in the post season, that's all on the coach? The players have no accountability? You probably believe Sully paid trouba to take out Sid. And I'm no fan of Sully. But collectively this team was done a while ago now.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Let's see what Dubas actually sells before we start giving him credit for it.

Also, let's see what he gets if he does sell.. Dubas isn't exactly known for his trading skills.

Again this is why I am not ready to say he is better or worse. Hextall could have saved himself last season I think if he unloads all of Kap, Zucker, McGinn, Heinen and doesnt brings in Grandlund. Heck even Dumo.

If Dubas does dumb shit in the next week he will be in the same boat.

I am not trying to defend him just also dont get the defense of Hextall. They both havent done jack.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Time really is a flat circle. I keep reading the same shit on here time after time after.....
Because some can't believe the party is over, and the only culprits are the coach and the GM. And the players have no accountability.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Again this is why I am not ready to say he is better or worse. Hextall could have saved himself last season I think if he unloads all of Kap, Zucker, McGinn, Heinen and doesnt brings in Grandlund. Heck even Dumo.

If Dubas does dumb shit in the next week he will be in the same boat.

I am not trying to defend him just also dont get the defense of Hextall. They both havent done jack.

One did jack without trading away anything that mattered.

One traded away a 1st that if he sells is likely top ten or potentially a lottery pick next year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If Dubas would've just not done anything this off season but re-sign the players that were here and kept the roster the same we would've been a better team.
Karlsson is nice and all, but there was not enough retention and taking on 10.0 of cap as an anchor for the next 4 years (3 more now) that will also need more retention to sell off to regain sorely needed cap capital that Dubas continued the trend.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think both their biggest fails were not firing sullivan.

Dubas had a pretty awfully UFA yes but if he sells this year than he improved over hextall who should have sold last year. Zucker might have fetch a first or good prospect. They lost a 2nd trading for Granlund.

Again I dont think Dubas has done a ton of good. I just dont think he has done as much bad yet as Hextall did.
But what if he doesn't sell? Or only sells the inconsequential pieces like Harkins (lol). A lot is riding on people just assuming Dubas will make the decision he has said multiple times that he will not do.

There's a possibility that it's just GM talk or whatever, sure. But until he actually does something, you can't take it into consideration.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I wish Sid, Malkin and Letang sucked. Would make it way easier to deal with his.
Thank you for proving my point.

And it's not that they suck, but they're a far cry from their prime when they CARRIED the team. And when you're top heavy as we are that's what has to happen.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't even care to judge how Dubas has done so far, I'm just perplexed that there are any Penguins fans who think Hextall was anything but an absolute buffoon that set this team back years and firmly shut the Crosby/Malkin window.

Taking out Dubas because he's only a year in, you have to go back decades to find as disastrous of a 3 year GM performance for the Penguins as what Hextall had in his 3 years here. The only thing that came close was Craig Patrick basically gutting the 1990s Penguins and getting back effectively nothing for them.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Than clearly you're not reading through certain conversations then.
Probably not, because why would I want to read the dumbest shit on the internet when I have better things to read? I'm working my way though Mary Beard's work at the moment, highly recommended for fans of ancient/Roman history.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oh, I see people are just getting dumb as shit about this again. Cool. See, this is why you shouldn't watch baseball. Rots your brain.

Check out Mary Beard. Best historian of Ancient Rome since the 70s. You might find some of your old high school classmates in there too.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If the Pens are making any trades, it needs to be a guy with a mean streak. Someone who will be an actual leader and set an example.

Last night a Flames player decided to run over Jarry after scoring last night and no one did anything. None of the Flames even looked around in case they got jumped. Other teams have no respect for the soft Pens who play scared and don't protect their crease. I say it all the time how other teams players skate circles around the Pens because they know they can deke around with their heads down without being taken advantage of. Saw that last night with Kadri's goal, skated down the ice like he was in the womans hockey league.
IF they make trades? lol, I'd put the over under at 3.5 trades.

Oh, I see people are just getting dumb as shit about this again. Cool. See, this is why you shouldn't watch baseball. Rots your brain.
And yet here you are still posting. lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'm guessing this is referring to me. I wasn't talking about you and I would really like to see what "dumb as shit" stuff I was saying about Ron Hextall being terrible.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don't even care to judge how Dubas has done so far, I'm just perplexed that there are any Penguins fans who think Hextall was anything but an absolute buffoon that set this team back years and firmly shut the Crosby/Malkin window.

Taking out Dubas because he's only a year in, you have to go back decades to find as disastrous of a 3 year GM performance for the Penguins as what Hextall had in his 3 years here. The only thing that came close was Craig Patrick basically gutting the 1990s Penguins and getting back effectively nothing for them.

Hextall barely did anything.

There isn't a single move Hextall made that set this team back anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hextall barely did anything.

There isn't a single move Hextall made that set this team back anything.

Yet they went from a 113 point pace team in their 1st year and finished with 91 points in their 3rd year.

But yes, Hextall did nothing to set this team back despite the team dropping like 15 spots in the standings in his 3 years as the GM.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm guessing this is referring to me. I wasn't talking about you and I would really like to see what "dumb as shit" stuff I was saying about Ron Hextall being terrible.
No, I'm talking about baseball. But I like you Emp, that's why I'm telling you to stop watching it. Rots your brain. Gives you the bends.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Yet they went from a 113 point pace team in their 1st year and finished with 91 points in their 3rd year.

But yes, Hextall did nothing to set this team back despite the team dropping like 15 spots in the standings in his 3 years as the GM.

Expansion draft, the cap, and not playing in a fake division did that.

Sid injury and Malkin missing significant time as well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Expansion draft, the cap, and not playing in a fake division did that.

Yet every other team who had to deal with the same issues didn't drop 23 points in 2 years in the standings.

Sid injury and Malkin missing significant time as well.

Crosby and Malkin both played full 82 game seasons in their last season, where they finished with 91 points.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I’m so tired of hearing how the Jared McCann trade was awful and how Mike Matheson and John Marino would save us.

It’s as if people forget the team with Marino and Matheson did exactly what we did last night in 3 consecutive playoff games.
If we had those 3 players we would have minimum 10 more points. Very least. Even with Sully being Sully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad