Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Carter was a two year contract.

Granlund was pretty bad, but as evident in San Jose there was a role he could have played here.

Two years for Carter was ridiculous. There was always a strong chance his game could fall apart given his age.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
"a role for Granlund."

Yeah anything that happens on a garbage team like SJS doesn't count. Someone has to play. Someone has to score and that means someone gets points. If Granlund didn't suck you'd hear his name out there at the deadline

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hextall turned all of these players into multiple playoff runs and then a team that missed the playoffs by one point.

I don't really get the butt wringing about this.

In 2020-2021, the team that JR built and Hextall inherited finished with 77 points in 56 games. That's a pace of 113 points per 82 games.

The team he left in 2022-2023 finished with 91 points in 82 games, which is a decrease of 22 points per 82 games in the 2.5 seasons he was their GM.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
"a role for Granlund."

Yeah anything that happens on a garbage team like SJS doesn't count. Someone has to play. Someone has to score and that means someone gets points. If Granlund didn't suck you'd hear his name out there at the deadline

"But it does firmly put Vegas in the high-end forward market, which features the likes of pending unrestricted free agents Jake Guentzel, Vladimir Tarasenko, Tyler Toffoli, Adam Henrique, Jordan Eberle, Jason Zucker, Anthony Mantha, Max Pacioretty, Alex Wennberg and Anthony Duclair, just to name a few.

And there’s also the non-rental group, forwards with term, like Pavel Buchnevich, Frank Vatrano, Reilly Smith and Mikael Granlund." - Pierre Lebrun.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"a role for Granlund."

"There was a role for Granlund here"

What, being forcefed minutes on a cellar dweller? Sounds like an amazing role!

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Hextall turned all of these players into multiple playoff runs and then a team that missed the playoffs by one point.

I don't really get the butt wringing about this.

He has 2 runs 2021 was pretty much JRs team outside of Carter.

After that the team got worse each year until they missed the playoffs.

He took over a team that finished first in the metro.

Then they dropped to third. Then to fifth. Then missed the playoffs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
In 2020-2021, the team that JR built and Hextall inherited finished with 77 points in 56 games. That's a pace of 113 points per 82 games.

The team he left in 2022-2023 finished with 91 points in 82 games, which is a decrease of 22 points per 82 games in the 2.5 seasons he was their GM.

The team that JR built lol.

JR left because he wanted to blow up that team.

Reactions: cygnus47

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
He has 2 runs 2021 was pretty much JRs team outside of Carter.

After that the team got worse each year until they missed the playoffs.

He took over a team that finished first in the metro.

Then they dropped to third. Then to fifth. Then missed the playoffs.

Hextall's first year they won the metro actually.

That team was objectively the team that JR built. The only player Hextall added in that first year was Carter.

This is such a dumb argument I'm not even going to have it.

I get it Ron Hextall ruined everything about the Pittsburgh Penguins and he is at fault for everything that is happening now.

You guys are dweebs. Go eat up that Yohe and Rossi fan fiction article.

"There was a role for Granlund here"

What, being forcefed minutes on a cellar dweller? Sounds like an amazing role!

Top six forward with 1st power play usage. Seemed obvious.

Also, it's hilarious you are talking shit on Granlund after saying he was part of the second coming of HBK 2.0 and defending the trade for months.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We aged out, very simple really. Product got stale, happens to best of them. LA, DET, CHI, EDM etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: BusinessGoose

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hextall's first year they won the metro actually.

This is such a dumb argument I'm not even going to have it.

I get it Ron Hextall ruined everything about the Pittsburgh Penguins and he is at fault for everything that is happening now.

You guys are dweebs. Go eat up that Yohe and Rossi fan fiction article.

Top six forward with 1st power play usage. Seemed obvious.

Also, it's hilarious you are talking shit on Granlund after saying he was part of the second coming of HBK 2.0 and defending the trade for months.

I genuinely mean this in a mean way: your takes on Hextall genuinely make me think you're a parody account that just posts stuff to rile other people up. There is no other logical way to explain your downright moronic/stupid/mentally deranged/ect stuff that you're posting about him.

This is like reading someone trying to argue that the earth is flat. You can shit on the poor job that Dubas has done without saying downright idiocy.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I genuinely mean this in a mean way: your takes on Hextall genuinely make me think you're a parody account that just posts stuff to rile other people up. There is no other logical way to explain your downright moronic/stupid/mentally deranged/ect stuff that you're posting about him.

This is like reading someone trying to argue that the earth is flat. You can shit on the poor job that Dubas has done without saying downright idiocy.

I honestly don't really care what you think. You literally think everything the Penguins do is great the day it happens and then two weeks later think its the worst thing ever.

You're going to say whatever we get for Guentzel is amazing and then when it turns out to be trash in a year criticize and say Dubas is a bad GM.

My point is McCann, Matheson, and Marino being traded had no effect on our future roster and people just want to blame everything on Hextall.

Hextall deserved to be fired. He wasn't a great GM.

He was light years better in his three years here then what we've seen from Dubas so far.

The Karlsson trade is a solid deal, but making that trade and then letting us sink like he has with the 1st rounder in limbo is insanely egregious.

The Ryan Graves deal was terrible from day one.

Smith, Eller, Acciari, and Nieto had no upside.

It's weird how you are criticizing me a person who actually is invested and watches this team when you admittedly have not watched the product in months.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I honestly don't really care what you think. You literally think everything the Penguins do is great the day it happens and then two weeks later think its the worst thing ever.

You're going to say whatever we get for Guentzel is amazing and then when it turns out to be trash in a year criticize and say Dubas is a bad GM.

My point is McCann, Matheson, and Marino being traded had no effect on our future roster and people just want to blame everything on Hextall.

Hextall deserved to be fired. He wasn't a great GM.

He was light years better in his three years here then what we've seen from Dubas so far.

The Karlsson trade is a solid deal, but making that trade and then letting us sink like he has with the 1st rounder in limbo is insanely egregious.

The Ryan Graves deal was terrible from day one.

It's weird how you are criticizing me a person who actually is invested and watches this team when you admittedly have not watched the product in months.

"I'm a better fan than you, so my dumb takes are right and your dumb takes are wrong!"

Today I learned that you had to watch the Penguins in January 2024 to evaluate what kind of job Ron Hextall did as the Penguins GM from January 2021 through April 2023.

Reactions: Rave7215

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Marino sucks ass.

McCann is a nobody.

Matheson is a nobody.

Crying over these players is a sign you are a loser, tbh.

None of those players are ever going to win a cup. Marino is probably traded by the Devils within two years.

It’s kinda crazy how bad the metro div sucks

It's hilarious that Buffalo, Ottawa, PIT, WAS, and NJ all made huge moves to get in the playoffs and Detroit and Philly are the ones who are potentially getting the two spots.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McCann.PNG

:dunno:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
McCann and Matheson would be 2 of the top 6 players on this roster right now soooooo

Matheson is not playing 25+ minutes or taking PP minutes from EK65 or Letang in any world.

McCann was great on the PP here and never got time here when we were healthy.

Same shit as Granlund that you just laughed about.

They are both nobodies.

It's hilarious how butt hurt this fan base is about losing those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad