Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Training camp/Preseason 2024 (First Preseason game Sept 24th @7pm PT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Not letting fans take videos is some bullshit. This organization has been in the dumps for the better part of 5 years, you should be trying to be more fan friendly. Some of us remember the days where nobody would go to games if the team sucked, do not take your fans for granted
But then all the other teams would do research on the Ducks and know all their secret plays and strats for incredible success this season!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Terry Yake

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
They obviously don't want fans to take videos because they don't want any accountability or accept criticism. This isn't like football where they are concerned about teams deciphering their plays during a game. They probably have a sense of what their fans are saying after so many losing years that they just want to limit any additional exposure. They can do this because our media could care less.... this wouldn't be acceptable with big market teams.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
But then all the other teams would do research on the Ducks and know all their secret plays and strats for incredible success this season!!!
Then at least someone would know what is going on with the team. As Cronin often shrugged his shoulders :laugh: let at least other teams scouts figure it out

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Would taking my 1 year old tomorrow be a horrible idea?
I'm not a parent yet, but I would think this is the perfect time to take them. It's free, so if they don't like it you're not losing anything but travel time. Not as big of a crowd, and at that age they probably don't know the difference between game and practice so you can see if they like being there.

Reactions: Kalv and MCB

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
They obviously don't want fans to take videos because they don't want any accountability or accept criticism. This isn't like football where they are concerned about teams deciphering their plays during a game. They probably have a sense of what their fans are saying after so many losing years that they just want to limit any additional exposure. They can do this because our media could care less.... this wouldn't be acceptable with big market teams.
Honest question: are all the big market teams opening their training camp sessions to the public? And are they allowing the public to video and/or stream the sessions?

Again, honest question. If they are, then yeah, that's bad on the Ducks.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Bingo!!!

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Ducks orginaztion needs to be upfront with the fans about this decision.. is it true they dont even let you take photos?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Ill be interested to see how long this policy stays in place. Its possible they didnt want something specific to leak before the team could announce/post

Reactions: Kalv
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Honest question: are all the big market teams opening their training camp sessions to the public? And are they allowing the public to video and/or stream the sessions?

Again, honest question. If they are, then yeah, that's bad on the Ducks.

Wasn't it a few years ago the Canucks (or Leafs?) held their practice streams online

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Would taking my 1 year old tomorrow be a horrible idea?

I'm not a parent yet, but I would think this is the perfect time to take them. It's free, so if they don't like it you're not losing anything but travel time. Not as big of a crowd, and at that age they probably don't know the difference between game and practice so you can see if they like being there.
As a parent I fully agree with lwvs84, worst case scenario they don't like the puck hitting stuff and you head home, best case scenario they love it lol better than finding out during an actual game you spent money on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad