Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Wonder is that 11.6 average of Petterson will take Van out of the Jake running.
Perusing their cap for next season, seems they have $28 million of space if it goes to $88 mil.
Lindolm ufa, plus 2 other forward spots will need filled. Will need a backup goalie.
Hronek is rfa currently at $4.4 million.
And I believe they'll have 2 other D spots.
If they could ship out Mikheyev or Garland it's certainly doable it seems.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Perusing their cap for next season, seems they have $28 million of space if it goes to $88 mil.
Lindolm ufa, plus 2 other forward spots will need filled. Will need a backup goalie.
Hronek is rfa currently at $4.4 million.
And I believe they'll have 2 other D spots.
If they could ship out Mikheyev or Garland it's certainly doable it seems.
Would 2025 1st, Mikheyev and Lekerimaki for Guentzel signed to an extension work?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
why would it?
Or you mean they would let EP walk just to sign guentzel?
And AAV is about on par with expectations?
Just curious if Jake wants 10, do they still sign him at that number with paying another forwards 11+. That’s all.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My gut tells me that unless Dubas gets a real good return for Jake he won’t be trading him…everything I’m hearing makes it sound like they’re not just going to trade him to get something for a departing asset…idk honestly feeling like he gets re-signed at this point…

Then again, if Kan Dingerski is saying Jake is staying, then I must be wrong lol…

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I saw a comment about their lines a few days ago from one of the Canucks guys: the fact that guys like Suter, Mikheyev and Lafferty have a significant amount of ice time with Pettersson just shows how much they need an addition like Guentzel.

Also saw this about Myers:

If he's OFY, which isn't impossible with how little time is left in the regular season, the Canucks may be able to afford Guentzel without sending any money out.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

I saw a comment about their lines a few days ago from one of the Canucks guys: the fact that guys like Suter, Mikheyev and Lafferty have a significant amount of ice time with Pettersson just shows how much they need an addition like Guentzel.

If he's OFY, which isn't impossible with how little time is left in the regular season, the Canucks may be able to afford Guentzel without sending any money out.

Yeah I can't see how JR is happy with those wingers. Awesome Centers and then pretty meh wingers other than Boeser

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

So you're saying they need Jake and MP? :devdance:

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009

Biz knows f all about f but did mention in a tweet Florida could be in on Jake. What's a return look like from them? Smith in that deal? Something with Lundell?

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Since Feb 1, Jarry is 4-4 with a .907 save %…Markstrom is 6-2 with a .920+ save %, even Flames backup Vladar has a .909 save % lol…the annual trend toward Jarry slipping in the back half of the season continues, no matter how much you think he’s played well in individual games…if we can get a decent trade for him, I’d be all over it…
We should totally decide the next 4 years of our goalie position on 8 f***ing games in February 2024. Great post!!!!!

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I find it hilarious that people think non-Canadian Guentzel would sign in a Canadian city. The tax situation alone is a reason not to sign with a Canadian especially if you're a player that will have plenty of opinions.

Reactions: Andy99

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Biz knows f all about f but did mention in a tweet Florida could be in on Jake. What's a return look like from them? Smith in that deal? Something with Lundell?
If Guentzel to FLA, I don't believe they have a 1st rounder until 2027. Lundell, 2025 2nd, Samoskevich, 2025 4th and Davies?

Reactions: Ulf5

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
If Guentzel to FLA, I don't believe they have a 1st rounder until 2027. Lundell, 2025 2nd, Samoskevich, 2025 4th and Davies?
Lundell had an excellent rookie year and a solid playoffs. Don't know if their coach thinks Bennett plays a better all-around game atm therefore playing him 2C over Lundell or what.
But Lundell is still only 22 and has topped out at 16:22 atoi. I think he has a lot more to offer. Let's not forget Barkov took 3 years to get going and he had a lot more ice time.
Samoskevich is very intriguing. Shifty, great shot. Hasn't gotten a shot with the big club.
Personally, I could be swayed with that package. Jake might even consider re-signing in Florida just because of no state income tax lol.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Lundell had an excellent rookie year and a solid playoffs. Don't know if their coach thinks Bennett plays a better all-around game atm therefore playing him 2C over Lundell or what.
But Lundell is still only 22 and has topped out at 16:22 atoi. I think he has a lot more to offer. Let's not forget Barkov took 3 years to get going and he had a lot more ice time.
Samoskevich is very intriguing. Shifty, great shot. Hasn't gotten a shot with the big club.
Personally, I could be swayed with that package. Jake might even consider re-signing in Florida just because of no state income tax lol.
Put Davies in there because of his scouting report:
5,10 201

"He tries to send players into the fourth row of the stands on the forecheck and forces them into a line change on the backcheck. In the defensive end, he sprints directly to the point, leading with his stick and following with his shoulder. Simply put, he’s a menace. He’s a diverse shooter with an arsenal that includes a booming one-timer, a quick in-stride wrister, and a powerful angle-changing wrister off his outside leg. With quick hands and a high pace during attacks, he beats overcommitted defenders to gain the inside lane."

Reactions: Ulf5

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think Pettersson's new deal is bad for a potential Jake trade. If anything, now the Canucks know for sure what their cap structure is moving forward re: Pettersson, so they'll have a general understanding of how Jake would fit in long term. /shrug

I think it'll be more about whether Dubas wants to trade Jake than whether or not JR wants to pay the price for Jake tbh.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Friedman comments:

-Teams asking about Rust, but he has a NTC and the Penguins want to honor that NTC
-Vegas, Edmonton, Florida and Vancouver are the main teams interested
-Carolina isn't a team that likes to pay the cost of Guentzel for rentals, but they've looked
-Teams are interested in talking with Guentzel about an extension
-Teams are talking about both goalies

Nothing particularly new here.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Friedman comments:

-Teams asking about Rust, but he has a NTC and the Penguins want to honor that NTC
-Vegas, Edmonton, Florida and Vancouver are the main teams interested
-Carolina isn't a team that likes to pay the cost of Guentzel for rentals, but they've looked
-Teams are interested in talking with Guentzel about an extension
-Teams are talking about both goalies

Nothing particularly new here.
I wonder if Rust doesn't ask out if the Penguins move out Guentzel, Smith, Jarry, and a few other vets. Maybe he's content to ride out a rebuild, but maybe he'd rather try a few more runs at the Cup.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder if Rust doesn't ask out if the Penguins move out Guentzel, Smith, Jarry, and a few other vets. Maybe he's content to ride out a rebuild, but maybe he'd rather try a few more runs at the Cup.

I think it's very unlikely they tear down to that level.

It's probably just going to be Guentzel, Smith and Nedjelkovic moved.

Reactions: Sideline

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think it's very unlikely they tear down to that level.

It's probably just going to be Guentzel, Smith and Nedjelkovic moved.
That's my expectation too, but I could see Eller, Accari, Nieto, and Ruhwedel garnering interest. They are hardly core guys, but if they went too it would signal a pretty significant shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad