Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I only mentioned how much I hate them as a trade partner is because I saw another poster mention them and I cringe every time I see it. If we're getting a haul as you suggest, we can't possibly be dealing with Edmonton because Edmonton doesn't have a haul to offer.

Dallas, Vancouver, Vegas, Colorado, and Los Angeles are where the hauls could come from.
Why is everyone gravitating to EDM? There's a lot of teams interested. We go for whatever team pony's up the most. Besides I doubt EDM isn't on Jakes NTC. Likely couldn't be moved there anyhow.

what team have you been watching? we've been letting plays walk for years now.
Under Dubas? And a player the caliber of Jake?

Reactions: The Old Master

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I DON'T KNOW! That's why I said I cringe whenever I see them mentioned.
HE likely has them on his no trade clause. And IF he lifts it AND we retain they're gonna pony up BIG time or we go with VAN or some other team who pays the price.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Depends on your expectations. What are they?
My expectation is, at minimum, that we’ll get a top prospect or young roster player on verge of breaking out…that’s mostly what we need, more than a first round pick

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
People here NEED to understand something. For the foreseeable future the trade deadline and the draft are gonna be the ONLY events over the next couple of years that will be interesting. THAT'LL BE ALL that matters. Because this current incarnation is DOA.

My expectation is, at minimum, that we’ll get a top prospect or young roster player on verge of breaking out…that’s mostly what we need, more than a first round pick
Hoglander and a '25 1st (or the equivalent) and at a minimum will be a likely return. I'm hoping for more but that's what I'm expecting. Of course I'm being conservative here.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
People here NEED to understand something. For the foreseeable future the trade deadline and the draft are gonna be the ONLY events over the next couple of years that will be interesting. THAT'LL BE ALL that matters. Because this current incarnation is DOA.
Yeah, we know.

That's why we're all mad at Sullivan.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Pens are actually bottom 10 in the league right now. Meaning, as of now, the 1st we gave up for Karlsson is protected.
Dubas "See I'm a genius! I got us Karlsson and a top 10 pick!"

The bottom-6 has been dogshit over this trendline as well. This team is also a good powerplay and/or a good bottom-6 away from being a playoff team.

Now the question worth asking is do you trust Dubas to actually fix those issues? If not, you obviously give up the 2024 pick instead.

Yeah and if he does a shitty job, he deserves to be roasted for it.
Trust is less the issue vs allowed.

If the other Gms weren't allowed to fire Sullivan, you think Dubas is?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, we know.

That's why we're all mad at Sullivan.
Sully honestly doesn't matter. This team hasn't won anything since 2018 and while that's on the coaches, the players didn't come through either. JARRY single handedly cost us that series against the Isles. If you focus on the draft and accruing quality young assets over the next few years I'd suspect the fan base will have a lot more to be happy about than not.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Hoglander and a '25 1st (or the equivalent) and at a minimum will be a likely return. I'm hoping for more but that's what I'm expecting. Of course I'm being conservative here.

That would be fine but I don’t think we’re even getting that according to VAN fans…from the sound of all these proposals, it seems like we’re getting a first, a shitty prospect and a cap dump lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That would be fine but I don’t think we’re even getting that according to VAN fans…from the sound of all these proposals, it seems like we’re getting a first, a shitty prospect and a cap dump lol
Oh, yes, we should listen to Canuck fans who would want to low ball us. That's a rational method by which to evaluate a players worth. It's not as if they'd want to hold onto their quality young assets. Or give us penny's on the dollar for a player, no there's no conflict of interest there.

JR historically gives up quite a bit to get what he covets. There's actual tangible evidence to support that claim.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I could care less who jake helps win a cup, when the pens aren't winning it, you think I watch the f***ing playoffs as nice weather and spring rolls in or give a shit beyond going "huh that team won it this year, huh"
That depends, if there's a conditional 1st round pick or 2hd rounder IF a team makes the finals that might matter.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
That depends, if there's a conditional 1st round pick or 2hd rounder IF a team makes the finals that might matter.
That's about it

But to sit here and worry about EDM or McDavid as we stare utter irrelevancy in the face, is silly

This team is about to be dead

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That's about it

But to sit here and worry about EDM or McDavid as we stare utter irrelevancy in the face, is silly

See, I thought it was dead two years ago, no joke. But at least now we can get some assets in the process. And that makes me happy. Gotta get something for this poor excuse of a team. A team I love by the way but a team that needs change.

Also, if you look at the trades Kyle has made since arriving I truly believe under the circumstances he's accrued pretty good value. IF he continues that we'll make out quite well in trading Jake, Smith or whatever else.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
That's about it

And no shitty return from Edmonton is going to fix that, so as a fan why would I want Guentzel to go and score a billion goals and win a Cup for nothing?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I could care less who jake helps win a cup, when the pens aren't winning it, you think I watch the f***ing playoffs as nice weather and spring rolls in or give a shit beyond going "huh that team won it this year, huh"
I watch the playoffs still. Nice to watch good series play out. Hoping for a Vegas repeat unless Smith goes back. Also would be great if Oilers lose in R1.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I watch the playoffs still. Nice to watch good series play out. Hoping for a Vegas repeat unless Smith goes back. Also would be great if Oilers lose in R1.
Our playoffs now are the trade deadline. Our cups now come in the form of picks and prospects. Early returns on our draft class from last year are pretty favorable. Not every pick or prospect will pan out obviously. Just gotta find a couple diamonds in the rough and some good supporting players. But IF we get a top five or eight pick we need to make it count.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Our playoffs now are the trade deadline. Our cups now come in the form of picks and prospects. Early returns on our draft class from last year are pretty favorable. Not every pick or prospect will pan out obviously. Just gotta find a couple diamonds in the rough and some good supporting players. But IF we get a top five or eight pick we need to make it count.
I hope all our picks pan out and everyone elses bust.

It's now set in stone in the universe. The hockey gods are now making it so.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Oh, I don't know, your body language and complete lack of enthusiasm in anything you do, including your job.
Yea man, team gets to draft the next Sam Poulin while Guentzel wins McDavid a cup. Wooooo. No thanks.
Which is why if he has to go to Edmonton I want us to absolutely gut the Edmonton draft capital and prospect pool. I want them barron going into next year if I have to watch Jake with them.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hope all our picks pan out and everyone elses bust.

It's now set in stone in the universe. The hockey gods are now making it so.
Here's how I'll gauge these things. When Yager is at best our 4th highest rated prospect or more likely 5th, then I'll feel confident we're re stocking our prospect pool well. So, we got a ways to go. Hopefully KD's work in the next week or so will push him down a peg.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I was thinking that I think we’d have 20-25 more goals if we even posted a guy in front of the net even a normal amount of time. Not like sending 3 forwards there to stand on top of the goalie, just 1 guy either already there or heading there when the shot comes. I think there are 2-3 plays per game where we have guys that can get there but don’t and multiply that across a season I think we’re realistically shorting ourselves 20-25 goals.

The astounding thing is how many goals we *do* score with traffic. Just a guy standing there taking up the goalie’s vision, forcing him to lean or look around or guess. I presume they’re reviewing game tape and noticing that a scoring chance with a screen is infinitely more likely to be successful than one without?

Just the other day Eller’s goal had DOC parked in front. Nothing crazy. He’s not getting beaten like Hornqvist.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
And no shitty return from Edmonton is going to fix that, so as a fan why would I want Guentzel to go and score a billion goals and win a Cup for nothing?
Oh, see, i thought we were trading for a high pick, a prospect, and a roster player

Well, yeah, in that case no

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
i have a feeling guentzel has been traded to vegas but they have to wait until mark stone goes on ltir to announce. Unless he’s already in ltir i forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad