Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
1. Trade Guentzel and Smith
2. Plummet down the standings and win the lottery for Celebrini
3. Fire Sullivan

Pretty easy to-do list. Dubas better get to work

Trade Jarry and Ned too.

Pens could have at least 3, maybe 4 1sts in this years draft if they retain on Smith

I don't think they will be any worse off next year for it either. The players we're trading weren't going to be here next year, didn't want to be here next year, or we actually have some depth to replace already in wilkes.

Jl7eRSQ.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Really? Because at this point it’s sounding like all the Jake trade offers suck and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear his re-signing announced any day now lol
You're listening to fables then unfortunately. Where are you hearing that all the trade offers suck? What's the source?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I really wonder who the player-for-player swaps are that Dubas is targeting or thinking about. Bunting from Carolina makes sense. Honestly, Mikheyev makes sense as well.

The comparables are tough - either I don't think a team does it or vice versa. Outside of those two, it's tough. That assumes they are talking a forward around the $4mil-$6mil range.

Kuzmenko
Gourde
Dvorak
Fabbri
----------
Schmaltz
Kane
Pageau
----------
Gallagher
Copp
J. Anderson
Burakovsky
Coleman

That's comparable "maybes" for the next three years (each section is when they become a UFA - first 4 UFAs this year, next three UFAs next year, and the others the year after).

If Kane is truly an issue in the locker room, maybe a Kane-Smith swap? Swapping for Dvorak and making him 3C could work well potentially.

Really? Because at this point it’s sounding like all the Jake trade offers suck and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear his re-signing announced any day now lol
Source?

Reactions: Ryder71

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You're listening to fables then unfortunately. Where are you hearing that all the trade offers suck? What's the source?
Just every proposed trade offer is lousy…Rossi just had one with EDM reporter where the accepted trade was Jake and Ruh at 50% retained for like a 2024 1st, 6th and EDM’s 9th best prospect…I hope this isn’t the type of trade Dubas is after and if that’s what he’s getting, then I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he resigned Jake

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Just every proposed trade offer is lousy…Rossi just had one with EDM reporter where the accepted trade was Jake and Ruh at 50% retained for like a 2024 1st, 6th and EDM’s 9th best prospect…I hope this isn’t the type of trade Dubas is after and if that’s what he’s getting, then I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he resigned Jake
If you think that Dubas would do that deal you're crazy.

I'm going back to my orginal trade idea. And let me be clear, this is the worst deal or equivalent I'll allow and Kyle would allow.

Jake 50% retention to the Canucks for Hoglander and a '25 1st.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
If you think that Dubas would do that deal you're crazy.

I'm going back to my orginal trade idea. And let me be clear, this is the worst deal or equivalent I'll allow and Kyle would allow.

Jake 50% retention to the Canucks for Hoglander and a '25 1st.
All you need to know is that he takes Gerbil Boy Rossi seriously

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
7 year $6.5mil NHL career just for existing

Props to my guy

Hell, he hasn't hardly even had to play a whole season

Yea it's tiring how this coach trots out "do nothing Ruh" over and over.
Don't get me wrong, Ruh COULD have served a long term valuable role: a RHD who pops in for short periods of time with injuries and you don't miss a beat. Like my ex: fine in small doses, but if you have to spend extensive time with them, everyone has a bad time.

But this overusage and general usage of these has beens/never was is infuriating. JC on your team is fine on its face. Ruh is fine on its face. Harkins is fine on its face. They can serve certain short term roles for the benefit of the team.

But these are NOT NHL REGULARS. For being in the league for this long it blows my freakin mind Sully approaches it as such. Ty Smith hasn't gotten a sniff this year for a team that is DESPERATE for any PP production. That's a fireable offense right there. Absolutely ridiculous

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
TBH he's very low on the totem pole as it pertains to the problems this team is plagued with.
Never said he's not, but I hate him and all players like him, so at least give me some small minor degree of satisfaction this season, no matter how petty.

Then who's going to dress up as Lex Luthor and Judge Holden for Halloween?
Man, this new av theme is gross, but I respect the hustle.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Yeah, if most of my posts are "this guy is a bald asshole", I really need to commit to it.

I do respect the hell out of his beard for thinning in solidarity with his scalp.

1709330349255.png

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
That wasn't a real offer from Edmonton. That was Rossi and an Edmonton writer coming up with their own ideas of what such a trade might end up looking like.

It's unlikely that negotiations have even gotten as far as explicit offers yet. GMs call Dubas, and ask about players they are interested in to see if they're available, and get a general idea of what it might cost. Dubas replies with something like, "we're looking for a couple of first round picks or equivalent prospects, plus an NHL-ready player" or something along those lines. The buying GM isn't even making an offer yet - they're talking to other GMs first to find out who else is available and what the general initial asking prices are there. Once they've got an idea of what all is out there, teams have their staffs meet to determine who their top targets are, and what they're willing to part with, and it's only at that point do the negotiations really even begin.

Oh, and then there can be issues like needing to involve other teams to make cap hits work, potentially, which can further complicate things because now instead of two parties negotiating, they have to find a third party willing to participate, and then make everyone reasonably happy.

While any of the players could be moved sooner, I'm going to expect that the first big pieces really start moving Wednesday night. Among players on the Pens, I expect that Guentzel will get moved before Friday, Smith might be, and any other trades will probably happen on Friday itself (possibly only getting announced after 3pm, as they finish clearing up the queue of pending calls to the NHL's Central Registry).

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Edmonton is this team's 31st-best trade partner.

Their cupboard f***ing sucks. Broberg? Holloway? Akey? f*** off.

But that would be par for the course for this team. Go as absolutely mid as possible.
If no one is offering their best prospects for Jake, or young skilled players already playing for them, then we should take two firsts…anything short of that, just re-sign Jake

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Edmonton is this team's 31st-best trade partners.

Their cupboard f***ing sucks. Broberg? Holloway? Akey? f*** off.

But that would be par for the course for this team. Go as absolutely mid as possible.
Part of me says with the value that Jake and Smith have, based at the VERY LEAST on recent similar trade, is going to be good but the other part of me can't remember the last time I felt we got good value for anyone we've traded.

It's like showing up the comic book store with your prized collected and being told it's worth $17.98.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Part of me says with the value that Jake and Smith have, based at the VERY LEAST on recent similar trade, is going to be good but the other part of me can't remember the last time I felt we got good value for anyone we've traded.

It's like showing up the comic book store with your prized collected and being told it's worth $17.98.
With a mint condition issue of Spider-Man: One More Day to show how shit it is.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Would rather lose Guentzel for nothing than get a shitty 1st round pick and a nothing prospect and see him score 30 goals in the playoffs with McDavid.

Reactions: metalan2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad