Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jake, it's just a couple of months. Consider it an extended vacation. You can come back when it's done. Your favorite restaurant will still be here and we'll keep your gloves somewhere safe.

You will have to get used to a new coach, though...
I'll burn his gloves, DON'T WANT HIM BACK!

• Haha
Reactions: Ulf5

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Interesting note: On Capfriendly, the conditions noted on the 25 1st says "Pens 2024 1st round pick is top 10 protected. Pens will have the OPTION to move the pick to a 2025 unprotected 1st round pick.

Reactions: Headshot77

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, remember when Dubas had 20 million dollars last time and how he improved this team?
He did get rid of a lot of dead weight though. Let's give him til friday at 3pm before we draw conclusions. He's still our fearless leader, fall in line!

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Look Dubas had to get certain contracts gone. Yes he has if he moves Smith has say 22 million to work with. Now Jake going to say the Oilers and getting a low first round is not the issue. The prospect/prospects like Holloway are critical. So Dubas has the following next season. Sid, RR, Rust, DOC and Geno top 6. Add a LW with some size, grit and then go from there. RD with some bang and a combo of Eller, Acciari, Puusitinen, Poulin, Bergstrom. Jarry and back up are fine. Get Pickering and Yager seasoning and time in the gym and then at least what you get back from Jake, the top pick this year and the rebuild in now in progress.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Interesting note: On Capfriendly, the conditions noted on the 25 1st says "Pens 2024 1st round pick is top 10 protected. Pens will have the OPTION to move the pick to a 2025 unprotected 1st round pick.
I don't know how many remember, but the Pens have once before traded their first that became the number one overall pick. In 1983, to Minnesota that became Brian Lawton.

1. The Pittsburgh Penguins' first-round pick went to the Minnesota North Stars as the result of a trade on October 28, 1982 that sent Anders Hakansson, Ron Meighan and Minnesota's 1st-rd pick in 1983 NHL Entry Draft in exchange for George Ferguson and this pick.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought I'd seen that if the Pens finish with a top 10 pick, they get until just before the draft to decide whether to send that to SJ or hold on to it, but I can't seem to find anywhere that says how that works for certain.

In any case, even if the Pens have to make the decision before the lottery results are known, we should all know by now that if that happens, Uncle Gary will make sure the Pens win the lottery, and thus, the Pens should hold on to it so that they can draft Celebrini :sarcasm:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Yeah um... So the pick is 100% going to SJS this year, unless they drop into top 10

Now.... It actually must happen after the lottery selections and before the main draft cause there's a chance that a 11-15 pick could become top 10.

So we'll have to wait until then, right? To know if it's 11+ and automatically going to SJS this year or not.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Trading Guentzel, Smith, Pettersson, and Nedejlkovic should get the Pens a decent haul of picks and prospects. 1st+good prospect for Guentzel, Maybe a 2nd and an ok prospect for Petts, 3rd for Smith, another mid-round pick for Ned?

At this point I think the long-term move is to start building a completely new team around the core guys and Karlsson. Trade everyone else and start it from scratch while those guys start to wind down their careers.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Trading Guentzel, Smith, Pettersson, and Nedejlkovic should get the Pens a decent haul of picks and prospects. 1st+good prospect for Guentzel, Maybe a 2nd and an ok prospect for Petts, 3rd for Smith, another mid-round pick for Ned?

At this point I think the long-term move is to start building a completely new team around the core guys and Karlsson. Trade everyone else and start it from scratch while those guys start to wind down their careers.
Petts is worth a a lot more than that. UNLESS we get a real good offer we keep him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't know how many remember, but the Pens have once before traded their first that became the number one overall pick. In 1983, to Minnesota that became Brian Lawton.

And they took Bob Errey with the 1st :laugh:

I don't think a Crosby-led team finishes 32nd though. They are still a far cry away from the 2005-06 days.
Yeah um... So the pick is 100% going to SJS this year, unless they drop into top 10

Now.... It actually must happen after the lottery selections and before the main draft cause there's a chance that a 11-15 pick could become top 10.

So we'll have to wait until then, right? To know if it's 11+ and automatically going to SJS this year or not.
Correct. The official position and call would be made after the draft lottery if we end up 11-15.

Technically...TECHNICALLY...we have a shot at Celebrini. A poor chance but a chance non-the-less. Man what I wouldn't give to see the main board explode in hatred if that happened.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh

Call me crazy but I don't think it automatically goes to SJ. I believe it is up to the Pens to decide whether they want the pick or not for the 2024 draft.

And yes, it will not be decided til after the draft lottery because the official draft order is not known until then.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Call me crazy but I don't think it automatically goes to SJ. I believe it is up to the Pens to decide whether they want the pick or not for the 2024 draft.

And yes, it will not be decided til after the draft lottery because the official draft order is not known until then.
I don't think they have the option if it's not top 10. 11-32ov goes to SJS.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well TIOPS, the Eklund of Pittsburgh, says Smith is as good as gone and while offers of a 2nd round pick are out there, Pittsburgh wants a player for player swap for Smith.
They also noted that Dubas still really likes Noah Hanafin and they could still explore a sign and trade type scenario.

Also, not from TIOPS, but apparently NJD and CAL are talking Markstrom again and this time no retention…Calgary would get 1st and Holtz…I would take that for Jake lol

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

If we're outside of the top 10 it goes to SJ, if however we move up into the top 10 because of the lottery or we just suck, it becomes our decision. Pretty straight forward.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well TIOPS, the Eklund of Pittsburgh, says Smith is as good as gone and while offers of a 2nd round pick are out there, Pittsburgh wants a player for player swap for Smith.
They also noted that Dubas still really likes Noah Hanafin and they could still explore a sign and trade type scenario.
Let me correct you if I might. BOTH Jake and Smith are as good as gone. Ned very likely. Beyond that I can't say.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let me correct you if I might. BOTH Jake and Smith are as good as gone. Ned very likely. Beyond that I can't say.
Really? Because at this point it’s sounding like all the Jake trade offers suck and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear his re-signing announced any day now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad