Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Guentzel and Smith being on this roster make zero difference in terms of wins and losses. Trade them, get picks, and we still will have the same record if they were here.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I really wonder who the player-for-player swaps are that Dubas is targeting or thinking about. Bunting from Carolina makes sense. Honestly, Mikheyev makes sense as well.

The comparables are tough - either I don't think a team does it or vice versa. Outside of those two, it's tough. That assumes they are talking a forward around the $4mil-$6mil range.

Kuzmenko
Gourde
Dvorak
Fabbri
----------
Schmaltz
Kane
Pageau
----------
Gallagher
Copp
J. Anderson
Burakovsky
Coleman

That's comparable "maybes" for the next three years (each section is when they become a UFA - first 4 UFAs this year, next three UFAs next year, and the others the year after).

If Kane is truly an issue in the locker room, maybe a Kane-Smith swap? Swapping for Dvorak and making him 3C could work well potentially.

Source?
it's Andy, he would say 4 firsts are a bad deal.

• Haha
Reactions: SEALBound

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
GUT. IT.

It doesn't matter how many roster players GMKD ships out, I will not be satisfied.
My biggest concern is the value we extract in any and every deal. In particular WITH Jake. We need to hit a grand slam there. IF we do that the others aren't as is important because the return will be decidedly less. That's not to say you don't want to get a very good return on Smith and NED, .

Guentzel and Smith being on this roster make zero difference in terms of wins and losses. Trade them, get picks, and we still will have the same record if they were here.
Pretty much. Gotta accrue some future assets. This team is stale.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Would rather lose Guentzel for nothing than get a shitty 1st round pick and a nothing prospect and see him score 30 goals in the playoffs with McDavid.
Well, that's just utter stupidity. Getting nothing for a player of that caliber on a team going nowhere fast is ridiculous. That said I think we'll do better than what you allege, but if not I'll take the late 1st and prospect because we're not winning anything anytime soon regardless.

I actually would too. There is no reason to rade Guentzel to Edmonton.
So, you'd rather get nothing? That's even more ridiculous.

but if the price is right...
It will be!

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Well, that's just utter stupidity. Getting nothing for a player of that caliber on a team going nowhere fast is ridiculous. That said I think we'll do better than what you allege, but if not I'll take the late 1st and prospect because we're not winning anything anytime soon regardless.
Yea man, team gets to draft the next Sam Poulin while Guentzel wins McDavid a cup. Wooooo. No thanks.

Reactions: Lustaf

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yea man, team gets to draft the next Sam Poulin while Guentzel wins McDavid a cup. Wooooo. No thanks.
At least you get something, to get nothing and let him walk would be poor asset management and Dubas simply won't do that. Besides, picking late in the 1st round doesn't necessarily equate to getting a nothing player. It's much better than nothing which you're suggesting. Him being here helps no one!

Now now... they MIGHT even get a Kasperi Kapanen!

Won't that be nice?
Maybe they get a Patrice Bergeron, you don't know. But you don't settle for nothing. No GM in their right mind would do that.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
At least you get something, to get nothing and let him walk would be poor asset management and Dubas simply won't do that. Besides, picking late in the 1st round doesn't necessarily equate to getting a nothing player. It's much better than nothing which you're suggesting. Him being here helps no one!

Maybe they get a Patrice Bergeron, you don't know. But you don't settle for nothing. No GM in their right mind would do that.

Pfffffft THIS team? This team hasn't drafted diddly shit for like ten years. Even if they did they wouldn't actually put the work in to develop it.

If late firsts were actually worth much of anything half the teams around the league every early Spring wouldn't be hemorrhaging them as fast as they possibly could for the likes of Tanner Jeannot and whatnot. I don't care what they do with Jake frankly but if the package is centered around a bottom third first round pick it'll be a waste.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pfffffft THIS team? This team hasn't drafted diddly shit for like ten years. Even if they did they wouldn't actually put the work in to develop it.

If late firsts were actually worth much of anything half the teams around the league every early Spring wouldn't be hemorrhaging them as fast as they possibly could for the likes of Tanner Jeannot and whatnot. I don't care what they do with Jake frankly but if the package is centered around a bottom third first round pick it'll be a waste.
I looked at '15 draft just randomly.
20th Erikcson EK
23rd Boeser
24th Koneckny
35th Aho
49TH Roope Hintz

There's no guarantees to be sure. But at least try to get some good young players in the system. Give Dubas a chance, see how his draft classes here pan out, my lord. Who cares how bad our drafting was prior?

Last edited:
Reactions: Headshot77

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why is everyone thinking we're only dealing with EDM? Come now.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
True. We could listen to country or gospel or prog. There's lots of options out there.
We're gonna get a haul for Jake, he's the Belle of the ball this deadline. How is our fanbase not seeing this?

OR, are they Jake fanbois and can't stand to part with him and watch the same tired and stale product until the bitter end? It'd be rather sad if that was the case. But a couple here seem to view it that way.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We're gonna get a haul for Jake, he's the Belle of the ball this deadline. How is our fanbase not seeing this?
Because of everything we’re hearing from Friedman, Seravelli etc…sounds like the return will be a letdown…we’ll see

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I only mentioned how much I hate them as a trade partner is because I saw another poster mention them and I cringe every time I see it. If we're getting a haul as you suggest, we can't possibly be dealing with Edmonton because Edmonton doesn't have a haul to offer.

Dallas, Vancouver, Vegas, Colorado, and Los Angeles are where the hauls could come from.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad