Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Dont think Ive seen them mentioned but maybe the Avs could be a suitor for Guentzel? Their LW depth is abysmal and they are in win-now mode. They dont have any good nhl-ready players so it would have to be futures heavy. Ritchie and Gulyayev seem like good prospects.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Dont think Ive seen them mentioned but maybe the Avs could be a suitor for Guentzel? Their LW depth is abysmal and they are in win-now mode. They dont have any good nhl-ready players so it would have to be futures heavy. Ritchie and Gulyayev seem like good prospects.
I’d love to see him end up there, plus he is a Nebraska boy and he’d probably want to sign with them, but looking at their cap I don’t think there is any chance they could sign him after this year, unless Landeskog’s career is totally cooked.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Jake gets you a king's ransom, especially if the Canucks go on a little cold streak and JR gets antsy. Can probably get some insane package from Vancouver if a bidding war starts--JR always gets his guy, regardless of price.

Petts probably brings back some silly shit too, relative to the player. I think you can definitely shop the goalies and weigh your options. Ship Smith and Rakell out. Apologize to Sid and say "Sorry bud, gave it a shot." EK's an off-season deal imo.

And of course, nuke the coaching staff from orbit and continue revamping the scouting depts.

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
I do have to admire Dubas's skill in putting together a whole roster where not a single player has the balls to crash the net. All they want to do is lazily pass it around the perimeter and score pretty goals. Even the various plugs he brought in are incredibly soft. For as much as everyone is bitching about Sullivan, this is totally on Dubas too.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Roenick has no sources but I'll take any hopium I can get. Get this bum out of here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240301-003459.png
    Screenshot_20240301-003459.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 5

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not keen on dealing with Sakic TBH. Have better options elsewhere most likely.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
"It's a lot more than you think it is," Guentzel told The Athletic's Rob Rossi. "It's moving everything. You're changing your whole lifestyle. You're meeting a bunch of new people, and if you've got a family ... it's just a lot.

"Then you've got to go play hockey, right? There's a different system, different guys to learn how to play with, where to go eat. It just seems like a lot of organizations are different in every aspect. How teams travel is different. You've got to get new gear - like, I don't like new gloves. That seems like a small thing, but I really don't like wearing new gloves. So it's something you think about in the back of your mind."

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Jake's gonna give up $1 million per year after taxes over 8-year old gloves isn't he?
He's going to re-sign at a discount and kill the retool.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
I'm sure Dubas is adamant that this team needs to not finish bottom-10. The 1st we give the Sharks for Karlsson needs to happen this year because of we go below bottom-10 then effectively next year we can give them an unprotected 1st in 2025.

With this in mind, I think Dubas will probably sell Guentzel for assets, but not picks. He's gonna want young players who can play now so that this team can at least make a playoff push.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm sure Dubas is adamant that this team needs to not finish bottom-10. The 1st we give the Sharks for Karlsson needs to happen this year because of we go below bottom-10 then effectively next year we can give them an unprotected 1st in 2025.

With this in mind, I think Dubas will probably sell Guentzel for assets, but not picks. He's gonna want young players who can play now so that this team can at least make a playoff push.
The Pens get to choose whether to keep the pick if it's top 10. They don't have to.

That said if this team is bad enough to legitimately get a top 10 pick and they choose to keep it that's a tough conversation for Dubas and the staff to have unless they think they can seriously retool in the off season and prevent a lottery finish next year.

Reactions: Sideline

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Canucks, Canes explored Elias Pettersson talks.

Wonder if there is any package that Dubas could put together to try for that. Guentzel extended would have to be part of it, and then the Pens would have to add.

Why in the world would Vancouver trade EP? Even at 12.5 million or whatever. Dude's an absolute stud

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

It goes a long way towards explaining how stale this team is, that's for sure. Everyone with any pull (except seemingly Malkin, though who knows because nobody ever talks to him) insists on keeping everything exactly as it was 5 years ago, despite the fact that returns are ever diminishing and the playoffs are farther and farther out of reach.

The Pens get to choose whether to keep the pick if it's top 10. They don't have to.

That said if this team is bad enough to legitimately get a top 10 pick and they choose to keep it that's a tough conversation for Dubas and the staff to have unless they think they can seriously retool in the off season and prevent a lottery finish next year.
Worth thinking about the draft too-- is it a deep or another Slafkovsky 1OA type draft?

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Why in the world would Vancouver trade EP? Even at 12.5 million or whatever. Dude's an absolute stud
Because rumors were he was unsure if he'd re-sign in Vancouver. Could be just a negotiation tactic.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

We currently are in the 10th spot, 1 less point than the Kraken. :scared:

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Jake gets you a king's ransom, especially if the Canucks go on a little cold streak and JR gets antsy. Can probably get some insane package from Vancouver if a bidding war starts--JR always gets his guy, regardless of price.

Petts probably brings back some silly shit too, relative to the player. I think you can definitely shop the goalies and weigh your options. Ship Smith and Rakell out. Apologize to Sid and say "Sorry bud, gave it a shot." EK's an off-season deal imo.

And of course, nuke the coaching staff from orbit and continue revamping the scouting depts.
Narrator: “The Canucks did indeed begin their cold streak having lost 2 in a row and only winning 4 of the previous 10 games."

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It goes a long way towards explaining how stale this team is, that's for sure. Everyone with any pull (except seemingly Malkin, though who knows because nobody ever talks to him) insists on keeping everything exactly as it was 5 years ago, despite the fact that returns are ever diminishing and the playoffs are farther and farther out of reach.

Worth thinking about the draft too-- is it a deep or another Slafkovsky 1OA type draft?
I don't think Malkin has much of a say really. Remember he was the last of the trio to be signed and they almost didn't. Letang was done asap, I think when it comes to a say, Sid and Letang are the voices and Geno kind of just seems like if its good with them and they're happy then he's happy even if it f***s him over.

Jake's gonna give up $1 million per year after taxes over 8-year old gloves isn't he?
He's going to re-sign at a discount and kill the retool.
These Canucks reporters are the biggest twats ever, some bloke named Rick is like "Jake is asking for 8-9m and the Canucks are really interested"....you think if Jake just wanted that he wouldn't be signed? All we heard was his camp might be in the 10 million area. Now suddenly it's lower which fits the Canucks cap structure a little better, lol.

This time of the year used to be exciting, but Mike Sullivan has sucked all the fun right out of it.

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad