Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Canucks, Canes explored Elias Pettersson talks.

Wonder if there is any package that Dubas could put together to try for that. Guentzel extended would have to be part of it, and then the Pens would have to add.

Did you read the article? Talks with the Canes got so far that Vancouver had to decide whether to proceed and trade Pettersson or re-sign him. When Pettersson learned he might be shipped to Carolina, he allowed his agent to negotiate and it looks like an extension is happening now.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Did you read the article? Talks with the Canes got so far that Vancouver had to decide whether to proceed and trade Pettersson or re-sign him. When Pettersson learned he might be shipped to Carolina, he allowed his agent to negotiate and it looks like an extension is happening now.
Sure. Things could always change, though. They may be progressing and indeed get something done, but what if they hit a road block?

Plus, fun to fantasize.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Canucks, Canes explored Elias Pettersson talks.

Wonder if there is any package that Dubas could put together to try for that. Guentzel extended would have to be part of it, and then the Pens would have to add.

Malkin-Petts would be nice and allow Malkin to be an LW but we don't have what they would want for him.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd say it's wild that the Canucks almost dealt Pettersson to the Canes, but JR's a f***ing imbecile so it makes sense. Man, I hope Dubas can fleece that dumbass in a Jake trade. :laugh:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'd say it's wild that the Canucks almost dealt Pettersson to the Canes, but JR's a f***ing imbecile so it makes sense. Man, I hope Dubas can fleece that dumbass in a Jake trade. :laugh:
They didn't almost deal him, from what I heard they have had advanced discussion but this is only and only if EP doesn't sign his contract.

I'm the same way, if a player doesn't sign that contract you're willing to offer I'm not losing this. I know he is an RFA but how bad you want to keep around a guy that doesn't want to be there

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They didn't almost deal him, from what I heard they have had advanced discussion but this is only and only if EP doesn't sign his contract.

I'm the same way, if a player doesn't sign that contract you're willing to offer I'm not losing this. I know he is an RFA but how bad you want to keep around a guy that doesn't want to be there
I mean, having "advanced discussion" about trading a franchise building block that's still only 25 years old is pretty silly. But again, a very JR thing to do. :laugh:

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
With all the other university boys!
I keep forgetting that stupid rule - which I think is idiotic. The Penguins aren't cap circumventing with Smith in that situation and neither would Vegas since they literally tried to make Smith work and it hasn't but it's whatever. Whomever can take Smith, just get the bloke gone. He hasn't been a fit anywhere on this roster, barring dipshit Sullivan's system.

Edit: It is weird though that NHL writers are talking about it and not mentioning that hurdle, which is why I figured it might be the case - Since the Hagelin thing was mostly because JR retained salary and I thought it was only if salary was retained in that deal and then trading for that player back being a no-no. JR retained 250k of Hagelin's salary to make it a wash for Pearson, which made him trying to trade for him back ineligible - but in this case, Reilly Smith didn't have salary retained by VGK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 66-30-33

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Lekkerimaki would look good with Sid I think in a year or so. Hope we could get something done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad