Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yes and no. Depends on what his contract demands are. I'd 1000% bring him back on a 3x3.

Look at available FAs that are likely to make it to the market and tell me who you would rather have? It's a bleak FA market coming up to be quite honest.

Well 3x3 would be hard to say no to but that also seems pretty unrealistic. Also he's had a solid season so far but the guy makes Malkin look like the model of health. Plus I'm definitely still not sold on him playing full time on L2. I would rather save the money and make a big play for the top six as has been discussed. None of this means I think Zucker is terrible or anything. Just that they should probably look elsewhere to fill his role moving forward.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I guess we'll see how it shakes out. I expect we'll re-sign Zucker and Jarry for decent amounts of money. Dumo I'd like to think they will let walk but I'm not holding my breath there.

There's cap flexibility there if Hextall wants but I think a lot will just be put towards re-signing guys.

I don't think they'll let Zucker walk.
They can buy a 6-7m LW, if there's an upgrade over Zucker out there. Or maybe you put 4m into Zucker, 3m into a #3LW with some jam, and move McGinn back to the 4th. There's options.

Reactions: Pancakes

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I’d sign Horvat for 8 mil x 6 tbh. He’s an all situations top six forward who can play wing and C and is a solid playoff guy. Helps with our C depth after next season. Big goal scorer.
A lot of money for a guy who’s probably score around mid 50s in points most years.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They can buy a 6-7m LW, if there's an upgrade over Zucker out there. Or maybe you put 4m into Zucker, 3m into a #3LW with some jam, and move McGinn back to the 4th. There's options.
There are. I was just stating what I think Hextall will do. What I would do might be very different from what he would.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Well 3x3 would be hard to say no to but that also seems pretty unrealistic. Also he's had a solid season so far but the guy makes Malkin look like the model of health. Plus I'm definitely still not sold on him playing full time on L2. I would rather save the money and make a big play for the top six as has been discussed. None of this means I think Zucker is terrible or anything. Just that they should probably look elsewhere to fill his role moving forward.
For sure. My hope is that his health issues are behind him. But he plays that style that lends itself well to injuries. That said, if we move from Zucker and we think about who we want to fill that 2LW spot...and we list the attributes...it's tough to not come up with Zucker.

That line would be killing it right now if Rust was at Rakell's level. History suggests he'll get there though.
I think I sat behind Horvat's family at an Erie Otters game.
Really? Did they happen to say whether or Bo had interested in being traded to Pittsburgh one day?
Big difference between scoring mid 50s and 30 goals and 50 points.
Absolutely. Being a 30g center is never, ever a bad thing to add to the roster.

I'm just not 100% sure how he fits in with us. Would be interesting if they would take Rust.

Jake-Sid-Rakell
Zuck-Geno-Horvat

with the potential of Zuck-Horvat-Geno as a playoff or down the road option. Could even see
Jake-Sid-Geno
Zuck-Horvat-Rakell

Or cross your fingers that Alvin would trade Horvat for Dumo+Poulin
Jake-Sid-Rakell
Zuck-Geno-Rust
McGinn-Horvat-Carter

Or maybe we just send Carter in the trade and all is well with the world. Course we have to be careful he's not Brassard 2.0...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Still think a slow rising cap is a good thing for us. Keeps UFA prices down, which helps us with a bit of money to spend and a few big holes we could use filling there, and keeps the level of competition down too.

Also, unless I've missed something, any scenario that hinges on Jeff Carter deciding he'll waive his NMC to go to Vancouver seems a tad optimistic.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Eh. It’s going to be hard to sustain that much time without Petry especially if Letang doesn’t improve.
Well he'd better improve then. Petts and POJ playing real well certainly helps. Dumo was at least part of the problem for Letang earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad