Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Trevor Moore is already in contract talks with the Kings and they expect to resign him.

I imagine the only players on that list that hit UFA are Killorn, Zucker, Tarasenko, Domi, Barbashev and potentially Wood. Kane is probably going back to Buffalo if CHI moves him or staying in CHI.
Well, let's wait til it's done.

Isn't that Kane to Buffalo thing a fan concoction? Would he really wanna go to another team with no chance when he can still be a point per game player?
He can go to Buffalo in his late 30's if he wants. Going now would surprise me.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Why would we pay Blueger 2 mil + to be a 4th liner?
#1 - He'll play a good chunk of games as 3C, with injuries to Crosby, Malkin, Carter
#2 - 2 mil is peanuts for a quality 2-way center who is also our best PK'er
#3 - He historically scores a lot relative to his role

The better question is, why the hell would you let him go, and who are you gonna get more out of for 2 mil?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well, let's wait til it's done.

Isn't that Kane to Buffalo thing a fan concoction? Would he really wanna go to another team with no chance when he can still be a point per game player?
He can go to Buffalo in his late 30's if he wants. Going now would surprise me.

Same reason Giroux went to Ottawa.

#1 - He'll play a good chunk of games as 3C, with injuries to Crosby, Malkin, Carter
#2 - 2 mil is peanuts for a quality 2-way center who is also our best PK'er
#3 - He historically scores a lot relative to his role

The better question is, why the hell would you let him go, and who are you gonna get more out of for 2 mil?

If he only costs 2 mil, sure. But if he wants 2.5 or anything above that’s insanity for a player who is a 4th liner in the coach’s eyes.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Kane is more competitive than Giroux. Giroux cared about the money. Kane cares about championships.
Plus there was a lot of misplaced optimism with Ottawa in the summer.

I don't know. I think a contender will pick up Kane at the deadline and if his playoffs go well then he may stay there.

If he only costs 2 mil, sure. But if he wants 2.5 or anything above that’s insanity for a player who is a 4th liner in the coach’s eyes.
It's not insanity at all. Won't be insanity when he plays 40 games as a 3C with our old guys on the shelf.
I would even pay 3.

Besides, nothing's stopping Sullivan from making him the full time 3C if Carter sucks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Kane is more competitive than Giroux. Giroux cared about the money. Kane cares about championships.
Plus there was a lot of misplaced optimism with Ottawa in the summer.

I don't know. I think a contender will pick up Kane at the deadline and if his playoffs go well then he may stay there.

It's not insanity at all. Won't be insanity when he plays 40 games as a 3C with our old guys on the shelf.
I would even pay 3.

Besides, nothing's stopping Sullivan from making him the full time 3C if Carter sucks.

Bless your heart.

Giroux went to Ottawa because it’s where he grew up. Kane is from Buffalo and they are the best offensive team in the league this year. Could easily see him going there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Dumoulin got moved. Rust got moved. Kapanen got moved.

Changes may take longer than we'd like, but they do happen. Besides, Carter has been fine this year.

I’d much rather us invest 3 million into pushing Carter down the line up than us giving cash to a player who seems to have stagnated in the regular season and playoffs.

I’d much rather give Barbashev 4.5- 5 x 5 than Blueger 3 x 5

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I'd need to see the cap situation in the summer before leaning that way. If there's enough then that's a worthy plan.
That's assuming he doesn't reject our offer in search of a top 6 role.

Center cap situation is pretty much spelled out Sid, Malkin, Carter, X and we have Poehling and Poulin who can fill the 4C role cheap. No idea why we would double down on Blueger for anything beyond 2 mil and even than seems like questionable work.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Center cap situation is pretty much spelled out Sid, Malkin, Carter, X and we have Poehling and Poulin who can fill the 4C role cheap. No idea why we would double down on Blueger for anything beyond 2 mil and even than seems like questionable work.
I think this team needs to decide whether Carter or Blueger is the 3C. I don't think we can afford to waste cap space on carrying both.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Oh, I’m Not advocating this position by posting this article…I’m not even in favor of paying Jarry lol…

I agree on both tbh.

Jarry’s probably playing himself off this team this year IMO unless we have a deep run on the playoffs and he’s a part of it.

I think this team needs to decide whether Carter or Blueger is the 3C. I don't think we can afford to waste cap space on carrying both.

If we slot in Poehling or Poulin as a 4C next year and use Carter as the RW to handle face offs I think you can justify bringing in a 3C. But I don’t think Sullivan will ever view Blueger in that light.

I like Barbashev because of the dual LW / C usage so if Poulin or Poehling shows they can hold down 3C you can bump him up to Malkin’s line.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I agree on both tbh.

Jarry’s probably playing himself off this team this year IMO unless we have a deep run on the playoffs and he’s a part of it.

If we slot in Poehling or Poulin as a 4C next year and use Carter as the RW to handle face offs I think you can justify bringing in a 3C. But I don’t think Sullivan will ever view Blueger in that lightz
I mean I hope that’s the case with Jarry but I thought they should have let Rust walk for similar reasons and Hextall didn’t lol…Blueger is our best PKer and while I do not hold up penalty killers as must-signs, a certain Mike Sullivan may lol…

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If we slot in Poehling or Poulin as a 4C next year and use Carter as the RW to handle face offs I think you can justify bringing in a 3C. But I don’t think Sullivan will ever view Blueger in that light.

I like Barbashev because of the dual LW / C usage so if Poulin or Poehling shows they can hold down 3C you can bump him up to Malkin’s line.
Which is kind of weird because Sullivan does lean on him heavily for defensive situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad