Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: Dr Strangedubas "Tankination" is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I was in a good move when I was making my roster. Please ship out RR and Smith for anything. The definition of passengers. No emotion. gtfo

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Okay, Dubas, basically undo everything you did last summer and we will be better.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He has done a great job. Bunting has been a revelation. The core is the issue, why? Because the PP is 31st, that's on them.
Graves is awful.
Smith sucks.
Not firing Sully and/or the assistants.
Jarry deal kind of sucks.

He had been far from “great.”

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Graves is awful.
Smith sucks.
Not firing Sully and/or the assistants.
Jarry deal kind of sucks.

He had been far from “great.”
You're crazy, glad he's steering the ship instead of that bum Hextall. Yager and Koivunen looking good (thanks Kyle), Bunting (thanks Kyle), Yager and Koivunen should be here in a couple years after the loser dinosaurs die off.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You're crazy, glad he's steering the ship instead of that bum Hextall. Yager and Koivunen looking good (thanks Kyle), Bunting (thanks Kyle), Yager and Koivunen should be here in a couple years after the loser dinosaurs die off.
I hate Hextall, no arguments there. But let’s not forget you were one of the last posters to turn on him. Give sleepy until the deadline! It is no surprise you can’t knock Kyle yet.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hate Hextall, no arguments there. But let’s not forget you were one of the last posters to turn on him. Give sleepy until the deadline! It is no surprise you can’t knock Kyle yet.
What about the trade though? Looking pretty good right now and a prospect hasn't even made an impact yet!

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
There is one loser dinosaur. Whether or not Dubas re-signs him - even at league min - will definitely tip the scales in the Dubas/Hextall argument. Same with Harkins.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jarry will finish the season with more goals then Harkins.

A truely terribad player. Nhl NHL quality but was forced into the lineup anyway and provided nothing at all...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dubas doesn't deserve either praise or criticism for the job he has done so far, because he hasn't had a notable impact on the team. The team is basically exactly what it was last year: borderline playoff team that probably falls just short of making the playoffs. Nothing Dubas has done has changed that status of the team.

He has made both good moves and bad moves. I think the Bunting addition has been great, he got a solid return for Guentzel and I think the Karlsson trade was good (even with my issues with Karlsson). I also like the Eller addition. On the other side, the Graves and Acciari deals looks like duds and the Jarry deal isn't much better. They didn't pay a lot for Smith and I think he has been fine for the price they paid, but he's also a guy they likely move on from after this year. This also doesn't touch on the moves he didn't make, namely with the coaching staff.

He's been fine for the Penguins, that's about it. Painfully mediocre, just like everything else with this team.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
Smith traded at the draft. I am thinking Petts topped put here and has value. I move him and add a LD with more bang. Graves I think used as more of a stay home not pinch as much works better in year 2. POJ is just not good enough. Dubas has 16 million to sign a 3rd LW with grit. a solid 3rd line RW as Puustinen just isn't strong enough to make NHL plays. Maybe a S&C program can add the 6 to 8 pounds he needs. Gruden Dubas likes and I am in the Poulin camp here as 4th line center. Acciari bounces back on 4rg line RW. DOC adds weight as well.
DOC Sid Rust
Bunting Geno RR
FA Eller ?
Gruden Poulin Acciari
You don't trade your best defensive dman and keep possibly the worst defenseman I've ever seen(including Jack Johnson) that makes zero sense man. Graves adds ZERO no actually he subtracts from this team. I would play Shea forever before I would put that brain dead pilon back on the ice.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Petts slid here and I do think he is about what he will be. He to me is not a LD that gives a team a strong point. It is not he is bad, it is do you extend him after this coming year? I prefer a more physical player. Graves to me was used as a puck moving D man playing up and getting in trouble. He is not a good enough skater to do that. Look his contract is not great but he can play better next year as he has skill, Since I think dubas will make changes here Karlsson gone after next year for one. I also consider Petts as he has value and for me I look at options there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Dubas doesn't deserve either praise or criticism for the job he has done so far, because he hasn't had a notable impact on the team. The team is basically exactly what it was last year: borderline playoff team that probably falls just short of making the playoffs. Nothing Dubas has done has changed that status of the team.

He has made both good moves and bad moves. I think the Bunting addition has been great, he got a solid return for Guentzel and I think the Karlsson trade was good (even with my issues with Karlsson). I also like the Eller addition. On the other side, the Graves and Acciari deals looks like duds and the Jarry deal isn't much better. They didn't pay a lot for Smith and I think he has been fine for the price they paid, but he's also a guy they likely move on from after this year. This also doesn't touch on the moves he didn't make, namely with the coaching staff.

He's been fine for the Penguins, that's about it. Painfully mediocre, just like everything else with this team.

Weird how Ron Hextall was the antichrist, but Kyle Dubas doing the same thing is just “whatever”.

Reactions: Pens x

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Weird how Ron Hextall was the antichrist, but Kyle Dubas doing the same thing is just “whatever”.
Depending on how you look at it, there is truth to what you are saying. Even though I'm in the camp of Hextall sucking, and Dubas being much better.

If you key in on no coaching changes, and no lineup changes until the trade deadline, then yes, I agree with that...they both sucked equally.

However, I see Dubas being more capable than Hextall. He appears more organized structured, and calculating. The Granlund vs Guentzel deals is an obvious comparison. The EK deal (saying it again), I don't think Hextall could have orchestrated that.

I would be interested in seeing what happens this summer. That should conclusively move Dubas' needle towards or away from Hextall.

Reactions: Freeptop

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The issue isn't that Dubas is worse than Hextall. The issue is that following Hextall, the bar to clear his body of work was so low it may have been subterranean, and Dubas still stumbled. :laugh:

Reactions: Pens x

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The issue isn't that Dubas is worse than Hextall. The issue is that following Hextall, the bar to clear his body of work was so low it may have been subterranean, and Dubas still stumbled. :laugh:
I've not been a huge fan of Dubas' work thus far, but the mess he was left by Hextall and the existing aging core made it a really tough spot. Dubas has been a C+ GM at a time they needed an A/A- GM.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Expansion draft, Jeff Carter, Granlund, Petry, Rutta, Kapanen, Smith...even Sullivan

Hextall took the team from a regular playoff contender to the borderline playoff team we see. Dubas just hasn't been able to boost it back up yet...after one season...

Dubas has good and bad on his resume thus far here but Hextall 1000% deserved to be fired.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I've not been a huge fan of Dubas' work thus far, but the mess he was left by Hextall and the existing aging core made it a really tough spot. Dubas has been a C+ GM at a time they needed an A/A- GM.
Yeah, I mean, I frankly don't give a f*** about this era anymore after the past 6ish years of Sullivan, JR and Hextall's handiwork, and some downright awful decisions from ownership--I just haven't been impressed with Dubas at all.

All he has to do is fire the coaching staff and I'd be satisfied until the teardown/rebuild begins.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
At this point, I honestly can't give a grade to Dubas. Hell, I'm a little more lenient on Hextall these days (he was awful) because I really can't evaluate with Sully on the bench. When the same things keep happening under different GMs, it's clearly an indictment on the coaching staff.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dubas is at neutral with me. He did some great, good, bad, and horrible things. Looking at everything he did since hired, it's actually been quite a bit and let's face it, there was A LOT to clean up.

The horrible things he's done really only include resigning Jarry to a moster deal and not firing the entire coaching staff, starting with Sullivan. Nothing will change until that is done.

There's some signings and trade that have work out really well - Bunting, Neds, Eller and other that haven't - Nieto, Acciari, Graves. I still like the EK trade. It's not Dubas's fault that EK goes out and makes glaring mistakes that costs the team games sometimes. It IS Dubas's fault that the coaching staff has this team's PP at 31st OV and that they look like they are all 65yo at times.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
IMO, Sully is the issue, and FSG with him. Dubi can't fire him so he went out and got Dully his guys. They all turned out to suck along with the guys we brought in that were good on their old teams and suck this year (EK, Graves, Smith). They'll probably look good on the teams they go to as well like most of Sully's castoffs.

Reactions: Darren McCord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad