Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lol he kept getting spoonfed situations only to not make a single pass or carry the puck across even the red line

Granlund was the most pathetic "playmaker" I've ever seen. All game. Every game.

It's weird how we have one of those players every year, but it's always the GM's fault.

Especially when a player that "fits the system and identity" is always in the bottom six getting punished ala Blueger in 2019, Kahun in 2020, McCann in 2021, DOC in 2022, etc.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
But that's all up to the GM. Who right now isn't impressing and my only real defence for him is he's probably executing orders from the top.

But who is doing much besides buying out or trading bloated contracts? Every day it seems like more RFA's arent getting qualified and players are getting boat out.

The UFA market is so bloated. Janmark just got 1 yr 1mill.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
But who is doing much besides buying out or trading bloated contracts? Every day it seems like more RFA's arent getting qualified and players are getting boat out.

The UFA market is so bloated. Janmark just got 1 yr 1mill.

Colorado.
New Jersey.
Tampa.
LAK.

Seem to be doing things.

Deserted don't bring this shit in here you god damn menace.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think all of JR, Hextall and Sullivan are responsible for the steady, steep decline of the team since the back to back Cups. It's not just a JR thing, or a Hextall thing, or a Sullivan thing. It's a combination of all of the decisions this team has made (and not made) over the past half decade.

All Dubas has to do is not continue the cycle of f***ing things up, and committing self-inflicted wounds.

As I say that, this...

:laugh: I know it's Rossi, but god damn, man.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
TBF, we ain't winning shit

Jarry just better not be signed for more than $3mil

At least the pain of losing can be handwaved away with being cheap cost?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Jarry made $3.5 million last year. He's absolutely signing for more than that.

The minimum I could see him signing for is medium term at $4.5 million AAV.

I'd be astonished if Jarry got less than the going rate of a starter, which seems to be like $5 million.
609961ff-f41a-4056-8368-f87e438c3eb1_text.gif

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Rob Rossi
@Real_RobRossi
·
2m
Wouldn’t be shocked if Penguins work out extension w/Jake Guentzel to announce soon, but sounds like both sides don’t see need to rush any decision - each realizes there are more urgent personnel matters for Kyle Dubas to address next few days/weeks.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
It’s Rossi so I’m not gonna be too upset unless I see a deal get announced, but man would it be so disappointing to bring Jarry back. It would just be so… lazy. I know you can’t force other GM’s to make trades with you but there’s enough goalies out there that you should be able to get something done.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Rob Rossi
@Real_RobRossi
·
2m
Wouldn’t be shocked if Penguins work out extension w/Jake Guentzel to announce soon, but sounds like both sides don’t see need to rush any decision - each realizes there are more urgent personnel matters for Kyle Dubas to address next few days/weeks.
Shit like this is why it’s so hard to find any shred of credibility it what Rossi says. This tweet is a giant contradiction lol

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
It’s Rossi so I’m not gonna be too upset unless I see a deal get announced, but man would it be so disappointing to bring Jarry back. It would just be so… lazy. I know you can’t force other GM’s to make trades with you but there’s enough goalies out there that you should be able to get something done.
I still think a revolving door of 15 random goalies out of sweden and norway all year, riding hot gloves until not, would be better than trying to rely on a $5mil Jarry

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Lol they got a 2nd. That’s it.
Dubas got smith

So pens are equally as active

Tampa's needs and our needs are a much different animal.

If Dubas was going to really get hungry for this team to be a competitive team again he'd be pushing his chips in. Still can do it over the next 24 hours. But once that UFA window hits things start getting very murky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad