Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I've only been a couple times but the areas I'm in are usually very nice and have good energy. My only complaint is how damn big it is. That city is big! :laugh: I'm not a big big city person. Chicago/Toronto are two cities that every time I go, i feel they are almost identical. Just too big for me.
The sprawl in Chicago is unreal. I used to live on the near west side (Little Village area) and it would take me 45 minutes to bike to the university, and 1.5 hours by public transportation during off peak times. Even driving it's like almost an hour north to south in the city on Lake Shore, and that's not even counting the traffic or the burbs.

Love that city though, it's a great place, just unfortunately stuck with a horrible hockey franchise.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, it’s kinda hard to get excited with this guy still on board…

Mike Sullivan being stubborn? That’s new.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From another poster as I don’t have access lol…

“From Josh Yohe this morning, regarding UFA and such:

--Says keep an eye on Petry. Dubas is trying to unload him, but there hasn't been much interest to date. Dubas may have to retain salary to entice someone to take him, maybe up to 2M. Dubas wants a more mobile defense and Petry clearly lost a step. Penguins aren't opposed to him returning, but they'd rather get some cap space to help rework things on the backend, if they can.

--On Reilly Smith, he said other teams were interested, and this may have simply come down to...Dubas is well liked. Dubas mentioned in his presser that he has a very good relationship with Kelly McCrimmon, and in the end that could have been enough for Vegas to trade with Pittsburgh over other similar offers.

--Yohe thinks Domi would be a good fit here. Says he's been in rumors here for years that never happened. Now, he thinks he would be a really good fit on the 3rd line. But there are no rumors tying Domi to Pittsburgh right now. Yohe said Domi and Crosby are also friends via their mutual ties to Lemieux.

--Yohe thinks Zucker is gone, but thinks Bunting is a possibility due to his relationship with Dubas.

--Doesn't think the Penguins are 100% done with Jarry, but doubts he re-signs here. Says he thinks Dubas will have an answer in goal in the next 48 hours. Talked about UFA market being weak, and Dubas being kind of quiet on this front.”

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
From another poster as I don’t have access lol…

“From Josh Yohe this morning, regarding UFA and such:

--Says keep an eye on Petry. Dubas is trying to unload him, but there hasn't been much interest to date. Dubas may have to retain salary to entice someone to take him, maybe up to 2M. Dubas wants a more mobile defense and Petry clearly lost a step. Penguins aren't opposed to him returning, but they'd rather get some cap space to help rework things on the backend, if they can.

--On Reilly Smith, he said other teams were interested, and this may have simply come down to...Dubas is well liked. Dubas mentioned in his presser that he has a very good relationship with Kelly McCrimmon, and in the end that could have been enough for Vegas to trade with Pittsburgh over other similar offers.

--Yohe thinks Domi would be a good fit here. Says he's been in rumors here for years that never happened. Now, he thinks he would be a really good fit on the 3rd line. But there are no rumors tying Domi to Pittsburgh right now. Yohe said Domi and Crosby are also friends via their mutual ties to Lemieux.

--Yohe thinks Zucker is gone, but thinks Bunting is a possibility due to his relationship with Dubas.

--Doesn't think the Penguins are 100% done with Jarry, but doubts he re-signs here. Says he thinks Dubas will have an answer in goal in the next 48 hours. Talked about UFA market being weak, and Dubas being kind of quiet on this front.”
I like Domi very much, depending on price would be a good get.

Reactions: Giskard

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Fitz and Dubas bidding each other on Helle right now? :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
As an ex-Chicagoan, the city and people are great, the team and organization are wretched and nobody in Chicago eats deep dish except for dumb tourists. The real pizza is tavern style.

Chicago the band on the other hand is a warcrime.
Are we talking Peter-Cetera Chicago or Chicago in total?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Are we talking Peter-Cetera Chicago or Chicago in total?
All of them. As far as I’m concerned, the only Chicago-area band from that era worth listening to is Cheap Trick.

From the 1940s to 1969, the city produced so much great music. Then, after like 1984 it started making great music again. In between it was literally Cheap Trick and Enuff Z Nuff

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I like Domi very much, depending on price would be a good get.
I’m not sure he’s really a center though…if he is, then worth a look…otherwise I’m not interested in him as a winger on L3…I’d rather go younger

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I’m not sure he’s really a center though…if he is, then worth a look…otherwise I’m not interested in him as a winger on L3…I’d rather go younger
We'll pick up two forwards, unload a defensemen and pick up a defensemen. I'd love Hanifin but the cost might be too high for my delicate sensibilities to handle.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We'll pick up two forwards, unload a defensemen and pick up a defensemen. I'd love Hanifin but the cost might be too high for my delicate sensibilities to handle.
I’m not convinced we’re moving on from Zucker, Dumo or Jarry lol…I really don’t want Dubas to bring back the group that couldn’t get it done last season, even if they’re willing to take 2 year deals…this article suggests they’re talking to all of them…move on!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’m not convinced we’re moving on from Zucker, Dumo or Jarry lol…I really don’t want Dubas to bring back the group that couldn’t get it done last season, even if they’re willing to take 2 year deals…this article suggests they’re talking to all of them…move on!

Dubas has said he's talking to all of them.

It would be pretty silly not to talk to your own free agents just in case. Well, except Dumo. Really done there.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Theres been a lot of talk about Hanifin but looking at Colorado's roster, it seems like they have to move one of Girard/Toews. They have 8.6m in cap to sign 6F and 1D. That includes raises to Colton and Byram. They also need to add a top-6 F with that money with the uncertainty around Landy/Nuke.

Avs would almost certainly want to move those guys to the east.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Theres been a lot of talk about Hanifin but looking at Colorado's roster, it seems like they have to move one of Girard/Toews. They have 8.6m in cap to sign 6F and 1D. That includes raises to Colton and Byram. They also need to add a top-6 F with that money with the uncertainty around Landy/Nuke.

I’d be super interested in Toews…not so in Girard, would rather have Hanifin…that would be nice

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Iirc it's been said Landeskog is already done for all of next season. So he's straight to LTIR and their cap needs are less pressing.

But it would make a lot of sense for them to move an LD anyway. The media scuttlebutt is they'd prefer to keep Toews and move Girard, but if they can't get the extension they'd pivot to keeping Girard and moving Toews.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Doesn't think the Penguins are 100% done with Jarry, but doubts he re-signs here. Says he thinks Dubas will have an answer in goal in the next 48 hours. Talked about UFA market being weak, and Dubas being kind of quiet on this front.”

Lamo this is such a dumb comment. Like no crap. If they don't have a solution in 48 hrs they will be screwed.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Lamo this is such a dumb comment. Like no crap. If they don't have a solution in 48 hrs they will be screwed.

All of the goalies' names who've been thrown around as potential trade targets are still there though, and the team seems to very much prefer a trade. So unless all of Anaheim/Boston/Winnipeg/Calgary/San Jose sort out their problems and sell their guy or take him off the market in the next 48 hours, the trade market looks like it's going to be just the same.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
No Sheary rather a guy like Engvall
I'd be on board, but he made $2.25M last year and I imagine he'll be looking for a raise after scoring 17G.

Sheary only made $1.5M, so the $2M that I penciled in would be a raise and maybe he'd be willing to take a bit less to go back to a team and city he knows already.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
All of the goalies' names who've been thrown around as potential trade targets are still there though, and the team seems to very much prefer a trade. So unless all of Anaheim/Boston/Winnipeg/Calgary/San Jose sort out their problems and sell their guy or take him off the market in the next 48 hours, the trade market looks like it's going to be just the same.

But they will. That is the point. If you don't have your problem solved by Monday that price just skyrocket and you are screwed.

You think Helly is going to be cheaper if the pens have DeSmith as their starter come Monday?

I'd be on board, but he made $2.25M last year and I imagine he'll be looking for a raise after scoring 17G.

Sheary only made $1.5M, so the $2M that I penciled in would be a raise and maybe he'd be willing to take a bit less to go back to a team and city he knows already.

Again I think contracts are going to come in a lot lower than expected for depth. I bet Sheary doesnt make more than 1-1.5

Reactions: Zbynek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad