Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Would probably just give Poulin time in WBS to get back into the groove and into a good head space before thinking about the big club. Agree that he currently holds little to no trade value.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Part of me that loves pain just expects for Dumo, Jarry, etc to just be trotted back out there.

I'd like to be surprised. Can we get into the Vegas mold of cutting bait when it's needed?
I could accept any of the UFAs coming back, just not Dumo. Even if hes signed at league min, Sullivan is gonna play him too much. He should have been gone 2-3 years ago.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I could accept any of the UFAs coming back, just not Dumo. Even if hes signed at league min, Sullivan is gonna play him too much. He should have been gone 2-3 years ago.
Dumo is by far the biggest culprit needed to be walked away from.

Zucker, my boy, was our heart last year so I couldn't really be mad if he came back. Even with this cons.

The goalie situation is best to just be revamped. I don't even dislike Jarry and think he's a good goalie. But we need change and so does he.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Damn, now they can resign Engvall etc…this is what we should be doing with Granlund…don’t care if it costs two 2nds…

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yeah Granlund isnt being dumped. Bailey only has 1 more year at 5m.

That just tells me that the price to dump Granlund won't be that bad.

I'd easily do 2 way down the line future 2nds to dump Granlund. Even if you assume it's twice the cost based on Granlund having twice the years left, I don't think a 2nd in say 2025 and 2027 to get out of Granlund's deal is an issue.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Curious to see what Dubas does about the top-4 LD. As long as its not Dumoulin, it will be a net positive.

I don't understand the consternation over the defense. Just having Dumo out of the picture and not sinking everyone he's with will be a net positive. Also the Defense had a major rash of injuries along with our #1D recovering from a stroke. It's likely not going to repeat

Even if they added no one, the defense isn't any worse than last year

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

I'd easily do 2 way down the line future 2nds to dump Granlund. Even if you assume it's twice the cost based on Granlund having twice the years left, I don't think a 2nd in say 2025 and 2027 to get out of Granlund's deal is an issue.
Really sad. 3 2nds for a third of a year of Granlund.

Don't get me wrong. Get the guy outta here. Lol

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yea I mean a 26 second isn’t bad at all. I’m sure Dubas is working on multiple things. No one knew he was going to get Smith until it happened. No rumors and no leading up to it posts like “Vegas and Pit having conversations”. So we’re pretty much in the dark over here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

A 2nd in years where we are trying to rebuild is annoying.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I don't understand the consternation over the defense. Just having Dumo out of the picture and not sinking everyone he's with will be a net positive. Also the Defense had a major rash of injuries along with our #1D recovering from a stroke. It's likely not going to repeat

Even if they added no one, the defense isn't any worse than last year
I'm not totally against moving Petts into 1LD and rolling POJ/Smith. I mean it'd probably be nice to strengthen it but let em play I say!

Invest heavy into forward depth/goalie. That is what will make a bigger impact imo.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
GCRR
Zucker-G-Reilly
X-X-Rust
X-X-X

Seems decent for making a 2 year window workframe. Cut bait however necessary with Granny and Big Jeff.

Inject Some fresh depth with guys like DOC, Poehling, Puus, Nylander.

Profit?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

I'd rather buy him out vs go that route of giving up draft picks

Reactions: Pens x

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I wonder if the insiders are incorrect about the San Jose deal and it is actually something with Granlund around Kappo
Sharks have an interesting roster that have several pieces I could see coming and going in a swap.

Granlund
Smith/POJ
Rights to Jarry (as a throw in)
Picks

Barbananov
Simek
Kahkonen

If SJS trade Kahkonen, I could see them being interested in Jarry as a FA. A Jarry-Blackwood tandem wouldn't be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad