Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Seattle already had two terrible goalie contracts and decided to pay another one after 1 good year. Seattle is so cooked. Those Stephenson and Montour contracts are gonna age like milk
Stephenson deal was a joke.

Feel bad for their fans. Very poorly run. Good news is they seem to draft well and cap is going up I guess. But the prospects do have to become players at some point.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
No, the issue is he sucks ass and we gave him a high hit and term.
Let's also not pretend like if our defense has been great say the last 4-5 years. I mean we must be one of the teams that give up the most odd man scoring chances from brain farts like coming from Letang and company..

I mean the guy did finish last season tied for 1st in league shutouts with 6!!

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yeah, it's just that he sucks and he's unlikable as hell. :laugh:

He was nice to my brother when he met him haha.

But he is a bit of a whiner.

Did Jarry become one of the best goalie contracts in the league almost overnight?

He isnt but his contract rankings went up.
Would you do a Graves for Stephenson swap?

What's the add on Stephenson

6.25 for 7 years is a ton.

Atleast Graves is 5 years at 4.5 million.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Graves had the same issues on the Devils. I remember him getting walked repeatedly in their series against the Canes and I remember him making a lot of the same bonehead plays for the Devils that he did here.

He didn't suddenly become a bum here. The Devils just sheltered his weaknesses better because they're a better team.
Nah. He was playing against the other teams best lines every night and wasn’t getting eaten alive.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There's been a complete disconnect across multiple regimes now between what new players actually are and what the team thinks they're getting. I don't know if it's a pro scouting issue or Sullivan pounding the table to get guys he thinks he can "fix"
It's tough to know exactly how guys will fare in a system. Some do well, others don't. I would suggest that, objectively speaking, I do think more tend to do okay vs those that don't. It's just incredibly easy to hyperfocus on those that don't do well - like Graves.

Lately, I think the payment of taking the player is driving decisions. Hayes and Glass are examples of guys that may not fit 100% but you try anyway because you're getting extra picks.

That said, I do think there's something to be said for Sullivan's system. Plenty of good players come here and struggle.
Stephenson deal was a joke.

Feel bad for their fans. Very poorly run. Good news is they seem to draft well and cap is going up I guess. But the prospects do have to become players at some point.
I think they'll be okay. Everything else they have are on relatively shorter deals. Only a couple longer term deals and the cap is going up.

Both Montour and Stephenson were risky deals but if they perform, they will certainly help the team. I actually do like their lineup all things considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad