Salary Cap: Pens '23-'24 Salary Cap Thread: "Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about hockey"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I know we think lowly of most of them, but they can get at least better than a 7th for some of those players.

Nylander is not worth moving to be honest, unless he’s a throw in for a deal just to clear a contract at best. Harkins is definitely a 6th-7th round pick, same for White, a player they’re probably better keeping if they retain on Carter and see which team will take him for a contender for bottom 6 depth and leadership.

I’d even dump Chad Ruhwedel to a team looking for bottom pair RHD help and a lot of teams are desperate for RHD‘s that have experience so he could net the Pens at best a 4th-5th I think. Hell, JR/Allvin might be interested to add Ruhwedel to their squad for depth since they have familiarity.

Pens already retained on Petry for another season, so they can retain on 2 more players. I’d choose those wisely to maximize the best return since they’ll have 2 more next season. I think Carter is a good bet, Guentzel to me would be the other one. If Dallas was suddenly interested I’d be super pumped as they have the best type of players we’d want.

It pisses me off to see Puustinen sent back down and I am sure that’s the last we see of him because Sullivan made sure he couldn’t do shit to be kept up. We’ll likely see Puljujaarvi up next anyway. But to keep White up over Puustinen, to say I f***ing hate Sullivan isn’t even fair to the word hate, it’s beyond that at this point. He’s a f***ing piece of shit loser and I hope this team just collapses completely for him to miss the playoffs for sure. f*** this pos coach.
I was being facetious with "a 7th" but it was directed more to "make them available and take any reasonable offer you can get". This is for a two-fold reason: 1. Cap space. 2. Roster slot. No one listed is providing anything that isn't replaceable by an internal player or in FA. I would rather have the roster slots for a new player, whether it be Poulin, Puljujarvi, Yager, etc or with someone new in free agency.

With Vancouver likely out of the mix for Guenztel (however there are still some trades that could make it work), Dallas would be a great partner. Bourque would be a super solid pickup for us. He's exactly what we need, just like Lekkeimaki is.

I think Puusty went down because of the all-star break. He got 2 games in.
That would be pretty depressing if they trade Jake and keep Rust, i'd rather save Jake and dump Brian R.

OTOH reading this 3 Trades Rangers Can Make as Deadline Deals Already Go Down

makes me think taht i'd do it.
I think Kakko is a player that can still find success. I thought he looked great in the playoffs. Not sure he's the Jake replacement that we need but if you're looking for that strong 3rd line RW, I think he's a great candidate for that. The 1st will be high. Goodrow is likely better than Acciari or perhaps even Eller but it's a crappy contract. Robertson is a former 2nd round pick who is 6'4, 200lb currently in the AHL. Might be similar to Dumoulin.

Reactions: wizmet12

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Yep tells me we should be getting more goals beside Crosby.
Good news, guys. Carter's $3M+ comes off the books so we can finally use that cap space somewhere other than L4! The bad news, we used it on Goodrow for the next 3+ years.

I thought Kakko might have turned the corner last year, but he's regressed back into bust territory. There might still be some untapped potential, but not enough to send a 40 goal scorer to a divisional rival with an extension.

So Malkin needs a goal scorer on his line? Ya don't say...

Not a fan of the trade with the amount of cap taking back. Agreed with your point on Goodrow.
There's a reason why the Rangers want to move on Kakko.

Anyways both Crosby and Malkin need someone to score.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The 6x$8.5 million dollar offer that Dubas initially proposed report wasn’t true. There’s been no serious negotiations between both sides, just casual discussion.
Nick Malkin to LA Kypreos talking out of his stupid ass? Who would have thought

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

1707172468204.jpeg

This guy's capacity to deceive himself is amazing :laugh:

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
How does that mean good as gone? He rejected 6 years, lots of room left on the negotiation table to get to 8 years (which Jake rightfully deserves). Not sure how it's surprising he would reject a 6 year deal.

At least Dubas is negotiating - some of those Toronto contracts are scary.
Did you not notice " Of Course this stuff always goes on the NHL." ? Things are looking more and more darker and desperate for the Pens right now in my opinion and the future. It will be a tough road ahead if they sale some of these guys off for future picks but they will be the best team in the league again at some point and it is all for the better.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Did you not notice " Of Course this stuff always goes on the NHL." ? Things are looking more and more darker and desperate for the Pens right now in my opinion and the future. It will be a tough road ahead if they sale some of these guys off for future picks but they will be the best team in the league again at some point and it is all for the better.
Meds Stat

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Pens should have sold Guentzal and then traded for Lindholm. I watch a lot of Oiler games and so Flames games as well. Lindholm is up there with the most underated players in the league. Good playmaker that doesn't make risky plays, smart positionally and always has his stick in lanes. He was very good at slowing down and playing at the pace of better players like Tkachuk and Gaudreau. Would have been perfect to center Malkin.

Reactions: Andy99

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Pens should have sold Guentzal and then traded for Lindholm. I watch a lot of Oiler games and so Flames games as well. Lindholm is up there with the most underated players in the league. Good playmaker that doesn't make risky plays, smart positionally and always has his stick in lanes. He was very good at slowing down and playing at the pace of better players like Tkachuk and Gaudreau. Would have been perfect to center Malkin.
Well he should be available this summer, I don't see the Canucks extending him now. Let's see how he also does the rest of the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad