Salary Cap: Pens '23-'24 Salary Cap Thread: "Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about hockey"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The org or sid would never ask out

As driven as sid is

You see how his offseasons go

I can see him ride into the sunset of nova scotia, being with family, fishing, and if bored, doing youth hockey camps

I don't think it matters if he has a chance at another Cup

He's good

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope Jake leaves and I love him as a player…but the best thing for this organization would be trading him at the deadline and Sid is traded this offseason and then returns the following season on a cheap contract…would set the organization up as best as possible for the next few seasons…we’d likely get a top two pick in 2025 as a result of being so putrid next season with Sid and Jake gone…

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sid mentioned he would love to play ion the 28 Olympics. Wishful thinking but the fact he sees a path to do that suggests 4 years is doable. Hard to see Sid holding up his play to that degree. As to Pens Sid can do what he thinks is best and is a FA after 2025.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Sid mentioned he would love to play ion the 28 Olympics. Wishful thinking but the fact he sees a path to do that suggests 4 years is doable. Hard to see Sid holding up his play to that degree. As to Pens Sid can do what he thinks is best and is a FA after 2025.
Winter Olympics are in '26. Milan, Italy.
He definitely has a shot. Even if he falls off they may take him just out of respect, or for leadership.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Man, Russia's center depth sucks balls right now. They'd get embarrassed if the Olympics were this year.
Semi-washed Malkin, Barbashev, Namestnikov, washed Kuznetsov?
Pretty damn thin on the blue line too. I'm not sure I've ever seen them this weak.

Canada could roll out: McDavid, MacKinnon, Sid, Point/Reinhart/O'Reilly?
USA has: Matthews, Hughes, Miller, Eichel

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Winter Olympics are in '26. Milan, Italy.
He definitely has a shot. Even if he falls off they may take him just out of respect, or for leadership.
there's 0 chance that Sid says 'I wanna go to the olympics this year' and hockey canada is like, 'mmm yeah, not this year, Sid, sorry."

He could have both his legs and an arm amputated and he'd be there.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
there's 0 chance that Sid says 'I wanna go to the olympics this year' and hockey canada is like, 'mmm yeah, not this year, Sid, sorry."

Even if he has a Jeff Carter like drop off, he’s absolutely on the team. Hearing him say a couple days ago that he’s going to have to earn being on the team made me laugh. Dude you’re Sidney Crosby. You’re basically hockey royalty at this point. You’ll be on the team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Honest, sometimes I'd rather Sid and Geno just retire and be done with it.
I'm sort of in the same spot, largely because as a fan of both guys, it's painful seeing them languish in this mediocrity of a team/organization we've got going on.

If we were still looking like a contender and the two are playing at their current levels it would be one thing, but watching them have to carry a poorly coached, shitty overall product every night is painful to see.

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
I hope Jake leaves and I love him as a player…but the best thing for this organization would be trading him at the deadline and Sid is traded this offseason and then returns the following season on a cheap contract…would set the organization up as best as possible for the next few seasons…we’d likely get a top two pick in 2025 as a result of being so putrid next season with Sid and Jake gone…
I don't Sid isn't leaving he wants to play for ine team his entire career.

I'm sort of in the same spot, largely because as a fan of both guys, it's painful seeing them languish in this mediocrity of a team/organization we've got going on.

If we were still looking like a contender and the two are playing at their current levels it would be one thing, but watching them have to carry a poorly coached, shitty overall product every night is painful to see.
That's the problem it's going to get shittier whether they trade Jake or not. Enjoy what you have because it's as good as it gets for a long time.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010

He's going to be on the team and will be the Captain. The majority of players will have never played in the Olympics. Crosby will be on the team for his leadership alone

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Let’s get Duhaime and Bogosian from Minnesota. 4th line upgrade and 3rd pair upgrade.
We can trade them a slightly used Ruhwedel...
IMG_5812.gif

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Finally going to become the 4th line grinder

You either sign Jake now or trade him at the deadline. It’s that simple.

Agreed.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Let's try...

Guentzel Crosby Rust
O'Connor Malkin Smith
Rakell Eller Puljujarvi
Harkins Poulin Acciari
Carter
Though I'd be happy with a ppp line to have meats head explode with poulin puusy and pool party all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad