Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I think Gibson would do well and revive his game to a degree in the right environment. Boston, for example. Or if Bob retired and Florida desperately needed a veteran goalie. Winnipeg if it didn't have Hellebyuck.

But those teams don't need goalies, and if they did, they probably would want Gibson at a steep discount.

The Penguins are absolutely not a good fit and it'd be absolutely ridiculous to acquire him unless Anaheim retains 50%, another team retains 25%, and you get another asset in exchange for like a 5th round pick.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I think Gibson would do well and revive his game to a degree in the right environment. Boston, for example. Or if Bob retired and Florida desperately needed a veteran goalie. Winnipeg if it didn't have Hellebyuck.

But those teams don't need goalies, and if they did, they probably would want Gibson at a steep discount.

The Penguins are absolutely not a good fit and it'd be absolutely ridiculous to acquire him unless Anaheim retains 50%, another team retains 25%, and you get another asset in exchange for like a 5th round pick.
What if Jarry is traded to Detroit for a 2nd along with Graves to Anaheim for Gibson?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
No goalie is reviving their career under Mike Sullivan and his 💩 show of a team "defensive system".
You can say that for essentially the history of our existence. It's no coincidence that we've never had a Vezina winner or really anyone ever close other than Barrasso in 1993 when the team just Globetrotted the league. Pens have never played a style friendly to goalie stats.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Let’s get Kotkaniemi for 3C and make Carolina pay us a 2nd or 3rd for our pleasure.

Let’s also dump Acciari somewhere. The more I look at the roster the less I see a role for him. Slow, an offensive liability and not even all that physical though the latter is Sullivan’s fault. Dude sucks. Poulin & Puljujarvi can play on the 4th for 1/3rd the cost.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It's better than Sleepy.
I could never come up with something that lame. You either come with the heat like K12 Kyle or Kindergarten Kyle or not at all.

Let’s get Kotkaniemi for 3C and make Carolina pay us a 2nd or 3rd for our pleasure.

Let’s also dump Acciari somewhere. The more I look at the roster the less I see a role for him. Slow, an offensive liability and not even all that physical though the latter is Sullivan’s fault. Dude sucks. Poulin & Puljujarvi can play on the 4th for 1/3rd the cost.
Mate to take Kotka the Canes would need to get the Pens a first back and their 2nd. To say that bloke f***ing sucks is an insult to the phrase "you f***ing suck."

But in the land of the bizarre. Kotka might be enough ass to have the reverse Sullivan effect and maybe succeed.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
What do you mean? I've always said the same thing about Jarry's small playoff sample. It's others that harp on about that.
The reason I think they should trade him is not the playoffs. It's to get any picks they can and clear cap space to take on bad contracts in exchange for more picks.
That is way better than just keeping everyone and getting 9th place or losing in R1 again.
No need to worry. It was more or less another bloke being able to see this and not be a petty hate monger towards him. Which you aren't. All good mate.

No goalie is reviving their career under Mike Sullivan and his 💩 show of a team "defensive system".
Very few players revive their career fully under Sullivan. Either they have a decent half season or they completely bottom out.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Gibson has a totally different vibe than Jarry.

Sometimes it's about infusing some different attitude in the locker room.
Yea, like not having a goalie who refuses to push himself or take blame because it might mess with his fragile mojo.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, Jarry has the same vibe as Fleury without any of the fun.
It's a more obnoxious mojo for sure. As a fan it's nice to see the goalie be as annoyed at himself as you are with him, even if it's not actually healthy haha. With Jarry he literally gives way series on his own and doesn't seem bothered.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

Add two more teams to the rumor mill for Guentzel on July 1st. Both the Kings and Red Wings are very interested in Jake. I'm sure the Canes would love to trade Kotkaniemi instead of buying him out, and use that money to sign Jake and their other free agents.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's a more obnoxious mojo for sure. As a fan it's nice to see the goalie be as annoyed at himself as you are with him, even if it's not actually healthy haha. With Jarry he literally gives way series on his own and doesn't seem bothered.

It's obviously impactful in the room too, otherwise Ned wouldn't have gotten the run he got.

People are always making these arguments about Ned over Jarry in terms of "raw numbers" without factoring in the team was actually willing to sellout for Ned.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
This is a bizarre take.

Fleury would get down on himself and it sucked to see. The fans here would shit all over him too and now they're seeing him as someone different and miss his personality.

Murray would blame lucky shots because God forbid he was ever at fault.

Jarry is a quiet bloke that is mostly quiet but take ownership of his issues like Fleury. But no pranks.

Obnoxious is a f***ing stupid take and you should feel stupid for it. f*** off with that nonsense. This is going too far with you f***ing Jarry haters. He's literally never been called anything like that and is known as a quiet and nice lad. So he gets burned out under Sully and had some injuries, the idiotic personal shit is pathetic.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is a bizarre take.

Fleury would get down on himself and it sucked to see. The fans here would shit all over him too and now they're seeing him as someone different and miss his personality.

Murray would blame lucky shots because God forbid he was ever at fault.

Jarry is a quiet bloke that is mostly quiet but take ownership of his issues like Fleury. But no pranks.

Obnoxious is a f***ing stupid take and you should feel stupid for it. f*** off with that nonsense. This is going too far with you f***ing Jarry haters. He's literally never been called anything like that and is known as a quiet and nice lad. So he gets burned out under Sully and had some injuries, the idiotic personal shit is pathetic.

Weird how you had no problem saying this same stuff about Matt Murray.

Jarry is arrogant and never takes ownership for his issues, I'm not sure what you are smoking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad