Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Who else needs a goalie?

Could we send him to Chicago, they got a ton of cap space and Friedman was wondering if they will expedite their re-build and start adding players.
Mrazek was much better than Jarry…Chicago wouldn’t want Jarry

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who else needs a goalie?

Could we send him to Chicago, they got a ton of cap space and Friedman was wondering if they will expedite their re-build and start adding players.

Ottawa and Detroit stand out as 2 obvious options. I think both are desperate to improve their goaltending as well, and Jarry's one of the few guys potentially available that would be an improvement for them.

I think whoever doesn't get Ullmark comes to Dubas about Jarry.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Crazy trade idea:

Jarry to DET for #15 + Husso + Berggren.

Buyout Husso (1.5x2), sign Brossoit (2x2.5) and you're still saving 1.5, have a slightly downgraded tandem, and pick up a premium prospect

You're not getting nearly that much back for Jarry. Jarry for Husso and a 2nd is closer to what that kind of deal would be I think.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
That doesn’t disprove my point at all. Malkin was great down the stretch with Bunting, because he needs certain players now to be great. He doesn’t have it every game, he’s almost Matt Cullen years old.

Malkin has always needed a Bunting-type, even when he was the best player in the world.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
People are really underselling Jarry with even worse goalies as optional replacements.

Like, Jarry is looking pretty good compared to them.

Just maybe, the team should play a lot better in front, and maybe score more, especially on the PP?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Lankinen, Brossoit, Kahkonen.
Stolarz could be another option.

Unless you have one of the top-5 guys, I don't think it makes any sense to sign a goalie for more than 2.5m. In today's league it's just a numbers game. Sign a bunch of guys and play the hot hand.

Go with Ned-Brossoit-Larsson-Blomqvist and use the addition money on skaters

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Malkin has always needed a Bunting-type, even when he was the best player in the world.
Nah Malkin ideally had one but he didn’t need one to be an impact player. Now he is not a one man line driver, he’s drifting closer to that complimentary piece.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Plus what is Calgary's plan now that Markstrom is out of there? is Vladar really their answer? They're a little busy at the moment, but one would think Edmonton might be looking for an upgrade next season as well.

Dustin Wolf, best goalie in the AHL that past few seasons. Him and Vladar will split the games most likely. Flames are not looking to add a 5M goalie, they just traded one who is better than Jarry.

Reactions: DesertPenguin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
People are really underselling Jarry with even worse goalies as optional replacements.

Like, Jarry is looking pretty good compared to them.

Just maybe, the team should play a lot better in front, and maybe score more, especially on the PP?

Our defensive metrics are pretty much in the middle of the league.

I did notice our high danger save % was the 4th worst in the league so we need to improve that and that’s more on the goalie than the team.

mrd1166

Jun 19, 2024
Pittsburgh
Does this move mean a jarry trade ? Bring up Joel B from Wilks backup for Ned ? Do this a you will save 3 million in cap ! an get some great prospects or maybe a 2nd an 3rd pick with a lower end prospect I’m thinking buffalo /Calgary they both have plenty of picks an prospect with good amount of cap space an both need a good goaltender

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Does this move mean a jarry trade ? Bring up Joel B from Wilks backup for Ned ? Do this a you will save 3 million in cap ! an get some great prospects or maybe a 2nd an 3rd pick with a lower end prospect I’m thinking buffalo /Calgary they both have plenty of picks an prospect with good amount of cap space an both need a good goaltender

Good post! You can put this type of stuff in the salary cap/roster building thread. @Zirakzigil

There’s already discussions about it here

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
What?

That's very much a team problem.
Pens gave up the 15th most high danger shots against in the league. Not great but not completely terrible.

I would suggest both that the Pens need to give up less high danger shots against and our goalies need to perform better in those scenarios as well.

Interestingly enough several playoff teams gave up more high danger shots against than the Pens did.

The Boston "zomg their system is perfect" Bruins gave up three more high danger shots against than the Pens did. They have vastly better goaltending though.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad