Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
what makes anyone think they are trading Jarry?

Not being snarky. Legit curious.

Because as of right now I assume this was a move to run the same goalie duo next year.

Reactions: Gurglesons

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Because as of right now I assume this was a move to run the same goalie duo next year.

It would just seem weird not to test the waters after how last year ended.

But this team is awfully stupid so you're probably on to something.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm honestly not even mad about the Nedjelkovic deal, getting him for 2 years at $2.5 million a year is really solid. I'm more annoyed in that I think it's most likely they just run with the same goalie tandem next year as what they had last year, which goes back to my point of "what exactly are you planning on changing?" that I asked on the last page. It seems like both the defense and the goalies are going to be the exact same as what they ended last year on, so what are they going to do?

The only hope I have is that Jarry is here for only next year at most, and then they run with Blomqvist-Nedjelkovic in 2025-2026.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm honestly not even mad about the Nedjelkovic deal, getting him for 2 years at $2.5 million a year is really solid. I'm more annoyed in that I think it's most likely they just run with the same goalie tandem next year as what they had last year, which goes back to my point of "what exactly are you planning on changing?" that I asked on the last page. It seems like both the defense and the goalies are going to be the exact same as what they ended last year on, so what are they going to do?

The only hope I have is that Jarry is here for only next year at most, and then they run with Blomqvist-Nedjelkovic in 2025-2026.

Running the same ineffectual shit back in perpetuity seems to the only trick in this team's bag so yeah... until I see otherwise I guess I'll have to assume the same. The team has been telling us who they are for years now with or without Dubas evidently. Best start listening.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I can't believe people are seriously entertaining the idea. Laine on this team would end up worse than Kapanen did. Guaranteed he's a healthy scratch within months. Sullivan has no ability to handle any one with an attitude/effort problem.
Laine doesn’t have an attitude or effort problem, he’s just a bad skater who sucks winning battles on the wall.. so he needs the right support. But he’s also got one of the nastiest shots in the league and is a good passer. He wouldn’t get scratched but I don’t think he would succeed easily 5on5 with Pittsburgh either.

Man, I was so thrilled to get Smith for just a third. What happened?
I think a big part of this is Malkin just isn’t *that* good anymore and he’s not gonna squeeze anything extra out of his linemates.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think they saw the Markstrom trade and are hoping they might be able to get something similar for Jarry.

I have no illusions of a first-rounder coming back, but maybe a future second and a long-range prospect is doable.

I think a big part of this is Malkin just isn’t *that* good anymore and he’s not gonna squeeze anything extra out of his linemates.

Which is nonsense because Malkin was great down the stretch with Bunting.

Chemistry matters. Smith had none with anybody on this team. He gots to go.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I think they saw the Markstrom trade and are hoping they might be able to get something similar for Jarry.

I have no illusions of a first-rounder coming back, but maybe a future second and a long-range prospect is doable.

Which is nonsense because Malkin was great down the stretch with Bunting.

Chemistry matters. Smith had none with anybody on this team. He gots to go.
That doesn’t disprove my point at all. Malkin was great down the stretch with Bunting, because he needs certain players now to be great. He doesn’t have it every game, he’s almost Matt Cullen years old.

Reactions: farscape1

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Exactly my issue with the move. I don't want to run the same goalie tandem as last year but more expensive.

if Dubas moves TJ this move is fine for me, but if he doesn't, I'm really not a fan.

I think if TJ is still here by July 2nd it's likely he's here for the whole season, so we'll see how it plays out.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Exactly my issue with the move. I don't want to run the same goalie tandem as last year but more expensive.

if Dubas moves TJ this move is fine for me, but if he doesn't, I'm really not a fan.

I think if TJ is still here by July 2nd it's likely he's here for the whole season, so we'll see how it plays out.

Like I just posted in the Nedjelkovic thread, my bet is someone gets desperate for goalie help (since the goalie market is horrendous) and offers up a decent return for Jarry. Nothing too crazy, just something like a 1 year replacement goalie and a 2nd or something like that.

Ottawa dangling Anton Forsberg in that kind of move makes a ton of sense to me, especially if Ullmark won't waive to go there.

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015

Wild speculation. Jarry's name has been floated as being available for the right price, but I don't have a reliable source to back that up. The fact that Ned won the net at the end of the season and was just rewarded with a 2 year deal with a raise, Blomqvist is coming sooner rather than later, and there is impressive goaltending depth in the system below him suggests we could stand to lose Jarry and his cap hit in the right deal.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Wonder if Harkins gets re signed?
Anything is possible.
1718928154739.png

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Like I just posted in the Nedjelkovic thread, my bet is someone gets desperate for goalie help (since the goalie market is horrendous) and offers up a decent return for Jarry. Nothing too crazy, just something like a 1 year replacement goalie and a 2nd or something like that.

Ottawa dangling Anton Forsberg in that kind of move makes a ton of sense to me, especially if Ullmark won't waive to go there.
Plus what is Calgary's plan now that Markstrom is out of there? is Vladar really their answer? They're a little busy at the moment, but one would think Edmonton might be looking for an upgrade next season as well.

Jarry and Smith for Vladar and Mangiapane.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Just be patient. Kyle Dubas wears glasses.
1718928246740.png

Plus what is Calgary's plan now that Markstrom is out of there? is Vladar really their answer? They're a little busy at the moment, but one would think Edmonton might be looking for an upgrade next season as well.

Calgary plan now should be tanking.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Would rather trade Smith elsewhere and not include Vladar.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
Who else needs a goalie?

Could we send him to Chicago, they got a ton of cap space and Friedman was wondering if they will expedite their re-build and start adding players.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad