Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Crosby being traded would be a dark day for this franchise that they'd never live down. The idea that fans here would want him to be traded is downright insanity.

Imagine saying you wish Lemieux would have been traded in 2002 when the Penguins started to become bad.
Well, my #1 priority is hockey as a sport, then comes Penguins. Hockey is a better sport with one of the greatest and most competitive players being able to compete in a playoffs in his final years. I don't think it hurts Crosby's story in Pittsburgh at all. For me, it's extremely frustrating to see 36 year old Crosby playing MVP level seasons in a team that sucks.

Reactions: Pens x

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's not insanity, what's insanity is doing what they are doing expecting different results. That's what they are never going to live down. Team is never getting rid of Sullivan. Crosby deserves his last days in glory.

No one is going to give a shit in 20 years if the Penguins "only" won 3 cups with Crosby. People will give a shit if Crosby is not a Penguins lifer.

The idea that the Penguins would "never live down" not winning again with Crosby is like saying the Penguins will "never live down" not winning with Lemieux in the early 2000s. It's a ridiculous suggestion. People won't care if the last few years of his are on a bad team, people will absolutely care if he's not only a Penguins player for his career.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
No one is going to give a shit in 20 years if the Penguins "only" won 3 cups with Crosby. People will give a shit if Crosby is not a Penguins lifer.

The idea that the Penguins would "never live down" not winning again with Crosby is like saying the Penguins will "never live down" not winning with Lemieux in the early 2000s. It's a ridiculous suggestion. People won't care if the last few years of his are on a bad team, people will absolutely care if he's not only a Penguins player for his career.
Nobody will give a shit regardless except bitter people. I don't sit around and get pissed Jagr was traded to the Caps X amount of years ago.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
The loathing is heavy enough at this point that I'd almost smile if Crosby dropped the double birds on this horse's ass of a team and finished out his career in Colorado or something.

EDIT: lol beaten to it
The loathing of the org?

The loathing of yinzers?

Or the loathing of the people on HFPens who "aren't smart enough" (which I'm assuming that I'm included in)?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Thankfully, Crosby is more dedicated to the Penguins than fans are. He'll be signed on July 1st and we'll go from there.

Oh for... look I apologize, OK? I take it all back. I keep forgetting we decide things here. Please stay, Sid.

The loathing of the org?

The loathing of yinzers?

Or the loathing of the people on HFPens who "aren't smart enough" (which I'm assuming that I'm included in)?

I'm not sure why you think I pass judgement on anyone else's intelligence when I myself am a dunce but OK.

Loathing of the organization and it's harebrained decision making the last like five years or so.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And here we are…defended by Jesse lol…

I think HFBoards is shitty for the reasons we all know that it's shitty: the main boards.

The team boards are (generally) much better. The more popular teams have nightmare team boards, but all of the vocal morons of the team boards are the most active ones on the main boards.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm just glad its all a moot point because we know Crosby's not going anywhere.

I uh... know that too.

You aren't at all super disappointed at how this team has handled itself for seasons on end while Crosby's last years circle the drain? You haven't thought of scenarios where he goes elsewhere to a team with actual serious ambitions? That's all I'm saying, here. Just frustrated hypothetical musing.

I think HFBoards is shitty for the reasons we all know that it's shitty: the main boards.

The team boards are (generally) much better. The more popular teams have nightmare team boards, but all of the vocal morons of the team boards are the most active ones on the main boards.

I'm not sure why so many people shit on HFPens. Our humor is... different. We are cynical and love to snipe at each other. But nearly everyone here knows their shit and are very articulate and generally fun to interact with.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don’t think he’d include most of the guys on this board now as “great hockey minds” lol
I'm not a great hockey mind, I don't care though. I'd never follow a hockey career, hell I was in the papers in grade 4 holding a bar trying to skate with bent feet and I STILL don't know how to skate. It's just a sport I follow, not as obsessed about it like when I was a kid and had my own journal with every hockey score, time scored, player that scored, who had assists, who took penaltys, the goalie saves, how many shots a period. As a kid people knew me as a hockey freak.

Reactions: Freeptop

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not sure why so many people shit on HFPens. Our humor is... different. We are cynical and love to snipe at each other. But nearly everyone here knows their shit and are very articulate and generally fun to interact with.

Yeah this place is hella depressed, but the actual hockey talk is legitimate :laugh:

People here make silly arguments and claims all of the time, I'm no different, but the claims at least have some sort of basis. Unlike other places where you'll see Mark Madden-esque nonsense comments of "it's true because I say it's true".

This place is more knowledgeable with hockey than a ton of journalists who are paid to cover their teams. Like Rob Rossi not knowing what the F3 is.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I uh... know that too.

You aren't at all super disappointed at how this team has handled itself for seasons on end while Crosby's last years circle the drain? You haven't thought of scenarios where he goes elsewhere to a team with actual serious ambitions? That's all I'm saying, here. Just frustrated hypothetical musing.
Oh yeah. It's been beyond frustrating. Last couple years have been particularly wasteful and hard to watch.

But Crosby on a team with some fresh new faces seems like a better alternative than seeing him in another jersey. Even if they lose as often or more than last year's team.

No issue with people saying their piece though. It has sucked.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah this place is hella depressed, but the actual hockey talk is legitimate :laugh:

People here make silly arguments and claims all of the time, I'm no different, but the claims at least have some sort of basis. Unlike other places where you'll see Mark Madden-esque nonsense comments of "it's true because I say it's true".

This place is more knowledgeable with hockey than a ton of journalists who are paid to cover their teams. Like Rob Rossi not knowing what the F3 is.

Exactly. I've made all KINDS of stupid claims but I at least try to back them up. I get super duper hot take-y, too. But I'll gladly laugh at myself when people call me out. For the most part that's how it is, here. Yeah people get "negative" but lets be real... it sure seems like MOST of the time it's for good reason haha. Often times downright prophetic.

You'll laugh but I'd trust some people here more than those "in charge."

EDIT: Also... some of ya'll are legit hilarious. Whether you mean to be or not. Helps me get through the day.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Oh yeah. It's been beyond frustrating. Last couple years have been particularly wasteful and hard to watch.

But Crosby on a team with some fresh new faces seems like a better alternative than seeing him in another jersey. Even if they lose as often or more than last year's team.

I rather Crosby go out in glory, if not here then somewhere else. He's earned it.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Sid's gonna end his career with 9 straight years of no series wins. 2019-2027. Pretty sad stuff.

Reactions: Miro4Norris

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Surprising that some don't want to assess if the ending to last year was a flash in the pan or actual improved play. Bunting was awesome. D wasn't awful and team played well down the stretch.

Yeah the team is now a year older which isn't a positive but if they can continue any semblance of that play, they can make the playoffs.

July 1st should be used to assemble more support players to help Crosby like Bunting did for Malkin. And getting Crosby signed.

Not only are you probably not getting anywhere near a level trade for how good Crosby still is, the business ramifications of trading him would demonstrate a complete lack of logic and common sense.

With no “Skenes” to draw crowds in, PPG would be a ghost town by the new year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean, if I was the Penguins I’d do a lot of what you have been asking for.

The issue is Dubas for some reason thinks he needs to build for the future while doing whatever the hell it is we’ve done the last four years.

Thankfully, Crosby is more dedicated to the Penguins than fans are. He'll be signed on July 1st and we'll go from there.

I hope so.

Just get the feeling from Dubas latest comments it isn’t so set in stone.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The time to trade Sid would have been YEARS ago.

At this point, we get to ride it out.

4b7f26eb695bdd3d_giphy-2.gif

I don't expect he will do much but fade into his personal life after hockey, either. He's going home after the Pens.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Its weighing a business decision against a rebuilding one. What would teams realistically give up for a soon to be 37 year old? Although still very good, I would bet a FO isn't giving up a lot for 2-3 years. And nowhere near in terms of what that equates to from a business end.

I'm of the mindset that he should be able to choose what he wants. But unless he 100% wants out, almost pointless to trade him with no elite prospects to bring in fans.

Its simply a rough spot.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Its weighing a business decision against a rebuilding one. What would teams realistically give up for a soon to be 37 year old? Although still very good, I would bet a FO isn't giving up a lot for 2-3 years. And nowhere near in terms of what that equates to from a business end.

I'm of the mindset that he should be able to choose what he wants. But unless he 100% wants out, almost pointless to trade him with no elite prospects to bring in fans.

Its simply a rough spot.

I'd stop being a Penguins fans if they decided to pursue trading Crosby without Crosby explicitly demanding a trade.

Screw bringing back an "elite prospect" for him. If they even go to Crosby saying they want to move him, I'd stop being a fan of this team. There are things that are far bigger than getting back a nice draft pick or prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad