Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If we are targetting realistic forward options for our top six this summer it'd probably be one of these for me..

Ehlers
Hayton
Buchnevich
Tomasino
You forgot Bertuzzi for some inexplicable reason. Reinhart as well he's the ''BIG DOG''.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Ehlers & Necas in trade
Career slightly above 10% shooters. Either will score roughly 25 a year for us.

Reinhart - I expect Florida or any other team to get him before he considers here.

Lindholm - I have discussed a 7.5x7 buyout proof contract on the discord where essentially its the beat 7.5x7 contract.
Scored at a 17 goal pace this past year but 5 goals in 13 games.
Has scored above a 20 goal pace last 5 years.

Guentzel - sold his house not coming back.

Marchasseult - I expect him to sign with VGK

Teuvo Teravainen - 25 goals last year.
Struggled last year but seems to score 20 goals.
15 ESG 9 PPG 1SHG

Debrusk - should score 20 goals. 27 years old probably going to have to spend for him.

Bertuzzi - 21 goals 15 being even strength.
Physical could play with Crosby.
Injury concerns as well as he's had on and off years. Depends on contract but I'd interested in some sort of 6x5 deal or something.

Kind of the list I got going for now. If there's anyone else available that people think please share!
Stephenson?

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Stephenson?

Scored 21 goals once in his life.

Last 2 seasons 16 goals.
This past season was 10 EVG 4 PPG 2 SHG

Is he a UFA and if his price point is good should we sign him? Sure.

Is he a goal scorer? I would say no.

Lol the Canucks are going to give Zadorov their own version of the Graves deal.
Atleast Zadarov is physical and can wear opponents down.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't even know who I'd call realistic tbh. I don't think any legitimate scorers are gonna pick Pittsburgh to sign with this summer. I dunno if this team has the assets to land a Necas, or maybe even an Ehlers. Bertuzzi seems more of a passer than goal scorer when I've watched him in Boston and Toronto. Unless somebody falls into his lap as a gift a la Karlsson, I doubt Dubas really makes a splash. Think he and Sully will be more focused on replenishing the lost acumen of one Jeff Carter. :laugh:

It looks better on the business card than "Will Gape For Cash".
Jagr our here hookin' for burgers.
NuXzeAK.jpeg

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Random trade idea. Let's say he we can't pay any RFAs and UFAs do not want to be here.

Would a Jeff Skinner retained 2 million to become a 7 million x 3 contract be something we would be interested in? will be 33 to 35 on this but he does score. Let's say future considerations for taking him on.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Random trade idea. Let's say he we can't pay any RFAs and UFAs do not want to be here.

Would a Jeff Skinner retained 2 million to become a 7 million x 3 contract be something we would be interested in? will be 33 to 35 on this but he does score. Let's say future considerations for taking him on.

Would take up most of our cap.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Skinner would make sense, but they'd have to offload Smith with minimal or no cap coming back.

You're not gonna get a good option as the Pens, imo. They're gonna have to try and get a meh option and hope for a Boeser-like resurgence, as unlikely as that'd be.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think Skinner would make sense, but they'd have to offload Smith with minimal or no cap coming back.

You're not gonna get a good option as the Pens, imo. They're gonna have to try and get a meh option and hope for a Boeser-like resurgence, as unlikely as that'd be.

Rather take a risk on a younger player. Skinner is 32 lol.

Reactions: wizmet12

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

It's a decent idea. Only 46 points last year though and an age concern. Underwhelming PPPs, which is a huge need for us.
To be fair, it's true he didn't get the best linemates. Tuch, bad year Thompson, Mittelstadt.
It's possible he bounces back, but at 7M until 35 y/o, that's pretty risky.

I could see Smith getting around that points total next year, while being way better than Skinner at 5v5 defense and being possibly our best PK'er. And we're only on the hook for a year with him.
Give him a stint on PP1 and use him with Crosby most of the time, and I think he can play up to 5M. Got 40 points last year, in a season where everyone complained about him. He's not far off.
So the idea of ditching Smith just to make room for Skinner doesn't feel like it'd be worth it.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

He scores at a slightly better clip than Rakell- .35 gpg to .28 gpg. They'd have to take Rakell back. Even then $7 mil per is probably a lil too much.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Thoughts on Tanner Jeannot?
Only if the Pens are given the privilege of trading two whole draft classes for him.
He scores at a slightly better clip than Rakell- .35 gpg to .28 gpg. They'd have to take Rakell back. Even then $7 mil per is probably a lil too much.
Yeah, I mean, whoever this team targets/lands is likely to be a pretty ugly, "hope for the best" option. Smith or Rakell gone, or both ideally. :laugh: I just said Smith cuz he's probably easier to move given Rakell has 4 more years left.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
Here’s a crazy idea… if he comes back, and we can dump a bad contract or two in a swap. Would you take Patrick Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad