Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I got a charity bag this year. Just pulled out Jansen Harkins autographed puck...

You don't know how excited I am...

Sign him.
Sullivan Reflects on Penguins Hiring: 'I Was Scared to Death'

African Face GIF - African Face - Discover & Share GIFs

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, if he's gonna be hanging out and bridges are mended, he could do some scouting while over in Europe or act as an ambassador or something. /shrug

I don't think he'd really be good for any sorta coaching or FO spot, and I doubt he'd be interesting in either anyway.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
These rumor sites suck. This is what Rossi actually reported:

Though not yet formalized, Acklin said in March he envisioned a role for Jagr that would let him spend the majority of his time in Kladno, Czech Republic, where he lives, owns and still plays for his hometown team. Jagr would also make regular trips to Pittsburgh, not in an official hockey capacity but not merely as an ambassador.

Reactions: SEALBound

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Though not yet formalized, Acklin said in March he envisioned a role for Jagr that would let him spend the majority of his time in Kladno, Czech Republic, where he lives, owns and still plays for his hometown team. Jagr would also make regular trips to Pittsburgh, not in an official hockey capacity but not merely as an ambassador.

So if somebody says something untruthful about something a person known for saying untruthful things writes, does the space time continuum collapse?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I mean, if he's gonna be hanging out and bridges are mended, he could do some scouting while over in Europe or act as an ambassador or something. /shrug

I don't think he'd really be good for any sorta coaching or FO spot, and I doubt he'd be interesting in either anyway.
It's most probably the organization using Jágr to drum up interest in a mediocre-to-bad Pens team by association and Jágr getting a cash infusion because he's awful as an owner and manager of his own team and Kládno is gushing blood.

But hey, I'm sure people are gonna jack themselves into a frothy lather over the possibilities (in their heads).

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

This sounds like a match made in heaven. With Jagr back in the fold maybe Sullivan can go over there for a couple coaching seminars and really turn this fanbase on their heads. :laugh:

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we played there and were adoptive sons of The Czechs for an international game or two. :nod:

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I got a charity bag this year. Just pulled out Jansen Harkins autographed puck...

You don't know how excited I am...

Sign him.
Sure there is no "from Sully with Love" somewhere on the puck?

So all that really means is they want him in the fold, as they see him as a revenue driver at a minimum, and are trying to figure out organizationally what he could and be willing to do.

PP coach for 1 month in October! :)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If we sign a Czech legend, does that mean Neces will tell Carolina he only wants to be traded to the Pens? Keeping my hands firmly on my butt

Reactions: Al Smith

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He can’t even come out and say Jarry is not “the guy” and is mediocre at best lol…just like he can’t actually blame Sullivan for his lineups …

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
This sounds like a match made in heaven. With Jagr back in the fold maybe Sullivan can go over there for a couple coaching seminars and really turn this fanbase on their heads. :laugh:

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we played there and were adoptive sons of The Czechs for an international game or two. gr is going back home and tell the players if they want to play in the nhl they need to sign with his team and then he will get them looks:nod:
nah, you're looking at this all wrong. Jagr will go back home and tell the players that if they want to play in the nhl they first must sign to play on his team. then and only then will he get them looks from nhl teams.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Boy, he's going to rack up the Facetime minutes being the assistant coach running the PP all the way from Czechia. :sarcasm:

Jagr: "Okay, boys. So when Geno has the puck, pass to Sid, then Sid you pass it to ..."

*connection drops*

Pens' PP: "Pass it to ...? Who? Who gets the puck next?!"

*PP proceeds to go 0 for 5 and loses the game again*

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think fretting about the expansion draft decisions made in 2021 in 2024 is just making up excuses for shitty GMing performances.

They have no depth right now due to Hextall and Dubas doing terrible jobs at adding effective bottom-6 players in the last 2 years. Had Dubas and Hextall not done terrible jobs at that, no one would be complaining about the expansion draft.

Anyway, I think their depth is sitting better now than it did a year ago with the breakouts by O’Connor and Puustinen. Their 4th line still needs to be addressed, but a 3rd line of O’Connor-Eller-Puustinen is at least fine, possibly better if O’Connor and Puustinen improve.
I'm not that excited about that as a third line tbh. Doc is good but Puustinen hasn't proved much yet and Eller was already old this year and about to be a year older.

Reactions: Still Apps

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Boy, he's going to rack up the Facetime minutes being the assistant coach running the PP all the way from Czechia. :sarcasm:

Jagr: "Okay, boys. So when Geno has the puck, pass to Sid, then Sid you pass it to ..."

*connection drops*

Pens' PP: "Pass it to ...? Who? Who gets the puck next?!"

*PP proceeds to go 0 for 5 and loses the game again*
Kladno is literally 82 points out of 1st place and while they survived the playout, there's a very good chance they won't stay in the Extraliga much longer. Even for as bad as our bench is, we were not 82 points away from the 1st seed in the East.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's most probably the organization using Jágr to drum up interest in a mediocre-to-bad Pens team by association and Jágr getting a cash infusion because he's awful as an owner and manager of his own team and Kládno is gushing blood.

But hey, I'm sure people are gonna jack themselves into a frothy lather over the possibilities (in their heads).
So, "ambassador" it is. :laugh:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I will say losing depth from expansion draft and mismanagement from Hextall does effect us and can have cascading effects but going into this year 2024 2025 I think those excuses can be gone.

I really want to see what Magic Dubas does this off season to make the Pens a 1st round exit playoff team.

I would like to see a 2C/high-end winger added to this roster.

A #3 actual defensemen.

Those are my 2 biggest wishes.

Reactions: Turin

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
We just need someone who can shoot the damn puck past a goalie

Our stone hands dudes get setup a lot, but do jack-all with the chances

Who is a sniper that's available?
I think James Neal is available and probably rested. At 36, he’d fit in perfectly.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
We just need someone who can shoot the damn puck past a goalie

Our stone hands dudes get setup a lot, but do jack-all with the chances

Who is a sniper that's available?

Ehlers & Necas in trade
Career slightly above 10% shooters. Either will score roughly 25 a year for us.

Reinhart - I expect Florida or any other team to get him before he considers here.

Lindholm - I have discussed a 7.5x7 buyout proof contract on the discord where essentially its the beat 7.5x7 contract.
Scored at a 17 goal pace this past year but 5 goals in 13 games.
Has scored above a 20 goal pace last 5 years.

Guentzel - sold his house not coming back.

Marchasseult - I expect him to sign with VGK

Teuvo Teravainen - 25 goals last year.
Struggled last year but seems to score 20 goals.
15 ESG 9 PPG 1SHG

Debrusk - should score 20 goals. 27 years old probably going to have to spend for him.

Bertuzzi - 21 goals 15 being even strength.
Physical could play with Crosby.
Injury concerns as well as he's had on and off years. Depends on contract but I'd interested in some sort of 6x5 deal or something.

Kind of the list I got going for now. If there's anyone else available that people think please share!

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad