GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline thread: What can we get for 3 packs of gum and a signed hockey puck?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We want?!

• A shrubbery

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Chychrun

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Some other big name player

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gritty bottom 6 player

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Gritty bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offensive bottom pairing defenseman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goalie

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Some crazy move out of left field

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • To be sellers

Votes: 32 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*** Keep this thread to Penguins related trades, rumors, rumblings, etc only please.***

skipper-madagascar.gif

Keep NHL related talk to this thread please:

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Jack Johnson was too close to the Cups, so there was that little tiny shred of benefit of the doubt. So yea probably.
The difference this time is that the media isn't running a full court press to pretend that the move is really good.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Imagine we could have added a first and 3 other picks and got Jeannot who would have cost under a million.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Shame on Burke. He’s been around this league to understand Hextall had no idea what he’s doing. He should have intervened to prevent this BS.

Sullivan is going to get a free pass after this deadline.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
IC, who runs it though? Burke? I don't think it's better with him in charge

I'm very much not one of those "sleepy" guys who is constantly criticizing every GM we have, but either Burke or... you have to fire him, right?

The Penguins were going to have a lot of space to play with this summer and they just go and do this. This reminds me of the end of the JR era where he was constantly making mistakes, and then finding a way out of them, just to make a bigger mistake 30 seconds later.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm very much not one of those "sleepy" guys who is constantly criticizing every GM we have, but either Burke or... you have to fire him, right?

The Penguins were going to have a lot of space to play with this summer and they just go and do this. This reminds me of the end of the JR era where he was constantly making mistakes, and then finding a way out of them, just to make a bigger mistake 30 seconds later.
Yep Hextall is doing JR's tenure but in fast forward and without the cups to go with the mongo idiot decisions

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It’s so sad what this deal has done to a summer where we could’ve really retooled this team.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Count on Rossi for the most idiotic take.

The only change was dropping a couple dozen draft spots from round two to round three.

Do I like the move?

No.

The worst part is taking up the freed cap space this summer.

But am I happy the Pens did not mortgage the future for something that never was going to happen?

Yes.

JR has made multiple much worse moves. We just put one on waivers

This one does not even rate in the top 50 worst moves.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm glad people got their wish and the team didn't move guys like Zucker and Dumo. Boy, that would've been a shame. :laugh: Landing a couple premium assets for expiring contracts that make no sense to re-sign and had no real bearing on this team's chances at making the playoffs, calling up WBS guys for fresh legs and hunger to fight for jobs. What a dramatically worse turn of events that would've been than locking into a mediocre as hell middle-6 forward making $5 million with two years left after this, only good for like 45pts. -chef's kiss-

This wasn't even buying. This was standing pat while simultaneously lighting $5 million in cap on fire for the next two seasons. :laugh:

Reactions: Pancakes

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

100%
No matter which way we're looking at it right now, Burke is responsible for allowing this to happen.

Reactions: domaug

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Count on Rossi for the most idiotic take.

The only change was dropping a couple dozen draft spots from round two to round three.

Do I like the move?

No.

But am I happy the Pens did not mortgage the future for something that never was going to happen?

Yes.

JR has made multiple much worse moves. We just put one on waivers

This one does not even rate in the top 50 worst moves.
If Granlund declines even a little the Pens will have to hold on to him and suffer just like Carter. And he will be the teams 3rd 5 million winger. It’s ridiculous. He basically just flushed a 2nd down the toilet instead of using more picks to get somebody who might make a difference.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It’s so sad what this deal has done to a summer where we could’ve really retooled this team.

The team isn't even that bad. Our bottom-6 is atrocious. That's actually something you can retool in an off-season. The top-6 is incredibly-good, based on fancy stats. They've had some horrible injuries on D and G... i think just NOT doing this trade puts you so far ahead.

Like, i don't think i'm ODing on Copium, this team could have actually been something next year if they just waited 3 months for all the fat to fall away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad