Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: We suck again summer edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Just inflate Granlund assists by putting him on the first line for the first quarter of the season and get a second round pick back. Or a player swap. It’s much better than seeing him bought out for the next 4 years.
Who is going out of their way to trade for Granlund on December 2nd? Who is going out of their way to trade for anyone? And isn't signalling "hey this guy's doing great let's trade him" telling the market you actually think he sucks?

Aside from that I think Granlund-Sid-Rakell could be decent.

Reactions: Wattsburgh

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The other thing about playing Granlund in the top six that occurs to me is that LW is more or less his least-familiar position, yeah? So on top of everything else he'd be kinda outta position.

Oh god... unless they have him centering L2...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The other thing about playing Granlund in the top six that occurs to me is that LW is more or less his least-familiar position, yeah? So on top of everything else he'd be kinda outta position.

Oh god... unless they have him centering L2...
Hockey sense should be his calling card. His only one. If there is a guy who has no business being an inverted winger, it's him.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Who is going out of their way to trade for Granlund on December 2nd? Who is going out of their way to trade for anyone? And isn't signalling "hey this guy's doing great let's trade him" telling the market you actually think he sucks?

Aside from that I think Granlund-Sid-Rakell could be decent.
Ideally or more so, hopefully, a young team needing a veteran presence. He’s a versatile forward (yes I know he didn’t show any of that during his stint here) that can help a young team out. What has been repeated to death by posters here and everywhere, is simply a case of the wrong fit. I do not think Granlund is done with hockey.

But good question overall since his play was so bad. We set ourselves back from that second down to a 5th or possibly us having to send something in a cap dump (although I think this is an overreaction). But I do think we can muster up an offseason roster, Sullivan’s or not, that can increase his trade value to at least back to where it was a few months ago.

We could have Guentzel-Crosby-…

Why not try this first oppose to seeing another 4 years of a buyout when Jack Johnson is almost finished lol.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Waive Carter, and or buyout Granlund. Sign Bunting or Bertuzzi, Kampf, see what Winnipeg wants for any of their big guns.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Soucy at 2.5M and Barbashev at 4.2M sound good to me. If we're still hurting for depth, and had enough money, I'd probably be fine with Hathaway at 2M per, but not for 4 years.

Also, side note, but I hope ERod gets a 3.7M payday. That would be well deserved for him after years of over-performance and getting underpaid.

Edit: is it just me, or do the goalies on that list seem well underpaid?
I think it has something to do with how goalies are just all over the place. Very few goalies who stay consistent every year.

Vas and Helley realistically are the 2 goalies that fit this bill the last couple years.

Forward UFAs

Barbashev Bertuzzi & Bunting interest me the most.
I think they all bring a little something we could use.

Taresenko if he actually comes to 5 million for 3 to 4 years.

If we trade a young LD a Soucy for 3 years at 2.5 to 3 million would be nice.

I like what I saw from Bertuzzi, I think he would be a solid signing.
Barbashev is another I wanted at the deadline, I hope we are in the mix
Haha.

Ye my 2 biggest UFA I want as well. Either or. If we somehow got both I'd give Granlund away for free / pay a draft pick like a 3rd. I don't care if it's bad asset management.

Barbashev and Bertuzzi would be way better than whatever a 3rd would give us.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Ideally or more so, hopefully, a young team needing a veteran presence. He’s a versatile forward (yes I know he didn’t show any of that during his stint here) that can help a young team out. What has been repeated to death by posters here and everywhere, is simply a case of the wrong fit. I do not think Granlund is done with hockey.

But good question overall since his play was so bad. We set ourselves back from that second down to a 5th or possibly us having to send something in a cap dump (although I think this is an overreaction). But I do think we can muster up an offseason roster, Sullivan’s or not, that can increase his trade value to at least back to where it was a few months ago.

We could have Guentzel-Crosby-…

Why not try this first oppose to seeing another 4 years of a buyout when Jack Johnson is almost finished lol.
I think Granlund makes a lot of sense for Chicago. They have the cap space and timeline of cheap kids where his contract isn't a concern for them and they are going to want something approaching top 6 talent to support Bedard. If you look at their roster right now there is almost no support for Bedard. He'll need his Palffy, LeClair, Recchi, Sykora types that Sid and Geno had as kids.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think Granlund makes a lot of sense for Chicago. They have the cap space and timeline of cheap kids where his contract isn't a concern for them and they are going to want something approaching top 6 talent to support Bedard. If you look at their roster right now there is almost no support for Bedard. He'll need his Palffy, LeClair, Recchi, Sykora types that Sid and Geno had as kids.

Granlund for a 6th? Type deal?

Reactions: Pens x

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Gotta admit I was wrong about Barbashev too. He’s a player, his flaws in a good system are mitigated.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
That would be incredibly fortuitous.

I'm still thinking the Penguins have to pay something to rid themselves of that contract. I could practically hear the other 31 GMs laughing their asses off from here when that deal went though at the TDL.
Yea well above if we signed Bertuzzi and Barbashev to the deals they suggest.

I'd give Granlund and a 3rd away.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens need to dump Granlund. A buyout or trade. Then if Dubis is the GM, Goalie situation if first, then get bigger stronger more grit especially on the LD and Zucker for 3 years is about as far as I go. Lots of other moves to make but that is a start.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Waive Carter, and or buyout Granlund. Sign Bunting or Bertuzzi, Kampf, see what Winnipeg wants for any of their big guns.
Carter has a NMC you can not waive him unless he accepted being sent down. The only options for getting rid of Carter are working out a deal with a team he’d accept a trade too. Which would be? Who knows? Or buying him out but he is a +35 so all you would be doing is opening up a roster spot you wouldn’t get any cap relief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad