Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: We suck again summer edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Trade everyone.

I assume they will do press conferences and assess the current situation. Draft is a month away and one hasn’t been hired yet. Not a lot of time to do anything.
And free agency starts only a few days after the draft.

FSG needs to make a move one of these days.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
And free agency starts only a few days after the draft.

FSG needs to make a move one of these days.
Not doing anything in free agency might be one of the better attributes of not having a GM. There are no good decisions made the first week of July.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Pens need to dump Granlund. A buyout or trade. Then if Dubis is the GM, Goalie situation if first, then get bigger stronger more grit especially on the LD and Zucker for 3 years is about as far as I go. Lots of other moves to make but that is a start.
That could be a major problem right there, Dubas managing the goalie situation is not something he has been good at in Toronto. I hope he doesn't go out and sign a goalie to a 5-6 year contract

Reactions: Pens x

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jake isn't really a problem for us come playoff time and has much better regular season numbers as well, he has always performed. I wouldn't make that trade and I'd certainly wouldn't add a 1st lol
Jake doesn’t go to the net front like he used to after his shoulder injury and hes getting up there in age…I personally believe we need to not sign him to his next contract, which means he’s gone by the deadline and we need to get something for him…if we can package him and our first and get a better player than Bennett, I’m all for it…but Bennett is someone who fits what we need: youngish, physical and can score

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Jake doesn’t go to the net front like he used to after his shoulder injury and hes getting up there in age…I personally believe we need to not sign him to his next contract, which means he’s gone by the deadline and we need to get something for him…if we can package him and our first and get a better player than Bennett, I’m all for it…but Bennett is someone who fits what we need: youngish, physical and can score
I'm all in for finding hard nose players that will go and drive the net, but until Sid is here, Jake shouldn't be going anywhere. We have something that works and he isn't a movable piece right now in my opinion

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

When the season ended there were 15+ players older than Guentzel on this team.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
DK on his podcast this am says DOC could be our Matthew Tkachuk and should have been tried in the top six lol….yet somehow he never takes Sullivan to task for only playing him 8 min a night next to Carter and benching him whenever he scored a goal ….
let me puke on that statement for like hours...

Reactions: Andy99

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
DK on his podcast this am says DOC could be our Matthew Tkachuk and should have been tried in the top six lol….yet somehow he never takes Sullivan to task for only playing him 8 min a night next to Carter and benching him whenever he scored a goal ….

DK is too busy trying to convince everyone that buying a spot downtown was totally a good decision. He doesn’t have time to pay attention to sports too.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I'd love to get Keller out of ARI. It sounds like he wants out and they're gonna have a tough time getting players so it could be a great buy low candidate. He also has an awesome contract.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hitting is a legit part of the game, though?
Yes, and I think that alone would be enough for most people here, even if he sucked at everything else like in Calgary.
From an entertainment perspective I get it. The board and I just disagree on how much he'd be able to help generate wins with a season like that.

But I mean, the Pens are done winning Cups no matter what, so there's a strong argument to be made just to go all out making the product more fun.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'm going out on a limb that DK is trying to get DOC's mom in a 3 way.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Should have traded for Bennett when the Flames did.

....although Sully would have buried him with 70% d-zone starts and benched him if he ever hit somebody like that.
I mean, this is the response to pretty much 90% of these trades where a player blossoms in his new environment.

Fans have to remember that Sullivan will pigeonhole the new guy into the third line, defensive PK role that he seems to think all new acquisitions should play even if it doesn't fit their skillset (see: Granlund, Mikael).

So even if the Pens had acquired Bennett from Calgary, he'd probably continue to struggle here for the same reason he did in Calgary - misuse as a 3rd/4th liner and not being used in the top six with top six wingers.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
Hypothetically… with FSG at the helm now and not being afraid to spend money, build a perennial contender, and if Dubas ends up here. Looking ahead to next year, would it be plausible that the Penguins are trying to align the stars to bring Auston Matthews to Pittsburgh?

It wouldn’t take too many cap gymnastics if Jake isn’t in the picture. No need to look for a 3rd line center when you bring in a 26 year old elite 1st line one instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad