Speculation: Penguins off day talk thread: Yes, Sully is still the coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Love me some "Shutdown 4C Jeff Carter" coaching.

Good thing the bottom-6 doesn't have five ineffective, bordering on worthless players, with the only guy who doesn't suck absolute shit being a pedestrian Lars Eller.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Letang was doubled over on the bench multiple times last night throughout the game. I don't know if he was just winded from extended shifts or hurting, but with him missing practice, I assume he was banged up a bit.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Probably just trying to untangle his jock from getting burnt by Andrew Copp.
To be fair he was the last player on the ice at the end of his shift and Copp just jumped on.

If you didn't know this yes you would think Tanger got smoked.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Letang was doubled over on the bench multiple times last night throughout the game. I don't know if he was just winded from extended shifts or hurting, but with him missing practice, I assume he was banged up a bit.
He went into the boards pretty hard during one rush. Wouldnt surprise me if hes sporting some good bruises.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

chrisp200

Aug 15, 2011
Is the revamped bottom six really any good? Lots of talk about the "upgrades" but:

Acciari
Carter
Eller
Nieto
O'Connor
Harkins

Just not looking good on paper, at least. I'd be willing to bet good money that none of these guys even scores a dozen goals this season. And really no upside except maybe O'Connor. Um, I'm sure this has been discussed quite a bit before. I'm usually on the main boards although I'm a Penguin fan.

My Best-Carey

Are you serious about betting this? I will take that bet for a pretty large sum if you want to do it. We can find someone we both agree to hold the money.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
If Letang is going to miss time, they need to call up Ty Smith and play him on the right side. You can't have Ryan Shea and Chad Ruhwedel as two of your right side defensemen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If Letang is going to miss time, they need to call up Ty Smith and play him on the right side. You can't have Ryan Shea and Chad Ruhwedel as two of your right side defensemen.
Lol…this is Sullivan we’re talking about…he’s going to play Ruh on the second pair and try a safe option like Shea or Fedun or one of the older vets in WBS lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The good news is that Letang's been pretty rough in the first four games. The bad news is that now the team's real thin at RD with nobody in-organization to step up if Letang is out for a bit.

Godspeed Karlsson. At least he's used to being the only guy on a blueline worth a damn after years in San Jose.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hopefully Letang doesn't miss much time if at all. He's had some struggles early on but this team looks like dooks ES without him in the lineup. And there's only so much Karlsson to go around. And there isn't shit behind him to help fill in.

Reactions: Andy99

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Sweet. Took only 4 games to potentially lose 1 of the of the 4 guys they can't afford to lose.

Glad to see the bottom 6 changed at least. Those guys should all be put on notice.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Harkins on waivers. Dubas not messing around
:laugh: I don't mean to single you out or anything, I just think it's funny to imagine waiving a guy who was claimed off of waivers as some cut throat "woah Dubas isn't messing around" move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad