Speculation: Penguins off day talk thread: Yes, Sully is still the coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hey... We are trying something new!
well-not-really-obviously.gif

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Where's Pens X?

You know when you have a mess and you tell yourself you'll clean it up later? And the longer it goes without being cleaned up, the more it just becomes normal and you don't notice it anymore?

That's where I'm at with Sullivan.
So, in essence you're becoming numb to it.

Reactions: pistolpete11

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Since it's just Harkins on waivers, the injuries must not be that significant. Otherwise you could keep him up, even as the 13th forward, if you were putting Acciari on LTIR.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Or they need to call someone up to play center, maybe?
They have 12 forwards. By waiving Harkins, they are down to 11 forwards. If Acciari is hurt and going to miss time, they're down to 10 forwards.

They can replace Harkins with any forward. But they cannot call up another forward without either placing Acciari on LTIR or sending down a defenseman.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
They have 12 forwards. By waiving Harkins, they are down to 11 forwards. If Acciari is hurt and going to miss time, they're down to 10 forwards.

They can replace Harkins with any forward. But they cannot call up another forward without either placing Acciari on LTIR or sending down a defenseman.
Ruh can play 4th line wing and we will go with 6 actual defensemen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I trust Dubas more to find a good coach replacement for Sullivan than I trust Sullivan to get this team back to the playoffs and win a round…and this is the case regardless of whether Ruh gets benched or promoted lol

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Are you serious about betting this? I will take that bet for a pretty large sum if you want to do it. We can find someone we both agree to hold the money.
I don't think I was putting it out there as an actual offer that the general public could take me up on. More like a figure of speech. That being said, what kind of odds are you giving me?

My Best-Carey

chrisp200

Aug 15, 2011
I don't think I was putting it out there as an actual offer that the general public could take me up on. More like a figure of speech. That being said, what kind of odds are you giving me?

My Best-Carey
Def not giving odds. You sounded so sure about this. If anyone should get odds its me as the only player in the bottom 6 who have ever put up 12+ more than once is Eller. Having said that, I'm all for betting someone in the bottom 6 hits 12 this year and I'll do it for even money. 5k max for me though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Flyers are better to start the season than the Pens…don’t sleep on them…they’ll be 3-0 after beating the Oilers tonight and are higher than the Pens in the standings…people don’t appreciate how young legs and solid goaltending can count for a lot, unlike the Pens’ old legs and shaky goaltending lol

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
The Flyers are better to start the season than the Pens…don’t sleep on them…they’ll be 3-0 after beating the Oilers tonight and are higher than the Pens in the standings…people don’t appreciate how young legs and solid goaltending can count for a lot, unlike the Pens’ old legs and shaky goaltending lol

3-1. They start hot every year. Who are the young legs powering that team? I guess Konecny. I'm sleeping on em. Tuck me in 💯

Rangers getting smacked at home 4-1 by Nashville. Igor in net. Weren't they the next young team?

I stand by my early appraisal that the East is open for business this year.

"people don’t appreciate how young legs and solid goaltending can count for a lot, unlike the Pens’ old legs and shaky goaltending lol"

Not sure who would possibly think otherwise but if you want to trade rosters with them, go right ahead, lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad