Speculation: Penguins off day talk thread: Yes, Sully is still the coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Bennett may be more versatile, but Jake does give them a skilled forward. Just trading ideas to improve the sand paper. Yes POJ may not be needed in St Louis but I am using Bertuzzo as his money fits what the Pens can take on.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Bennett may be more versatile, but Jake does give them a skilled forward. Just trading ideas to improve the sand paper. Yes POJ may not be needed in St Louis but I am using Bertuzzo as his money fits what the Pens can take on.

I mean I'd 100% trade Jake for a Tkachuk/Bennett or even a Johnny hockey. But it takes 2 to tango with a trade and I don't think any team is in the market to trade their top line winger for ours.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The trap is working for the Rangers apparently…no reason we couldn’t do it either…and improve the PP lol

The issue with a neutral zone trap is that no matter who the coach is, the star players won't commit to it. For a couple games in a playoff series? Yeah, probably.

For games in November? No way.

Reactions: Josey Wales

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The issue with a neutral zone trap is that no matter who the coach is, the star players won't commit to it. For a couple games in a playoff series? Yeah, probably.

For games in November? No way.
If they truly want to win a fourth Cup, they’ll do what they need to…it’ll have to be proposed by another coach though, as this one would not be credible suggesting it

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Caps are just like the Pens…great first period, 3 goals against NJD and then just fell apart in the second and let them tie it…big issue with older teams lol

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Is the revamped bottom six really any good? Lots of talk about the "upgrades" but:

Acciari
Carter
Eller
Nieto
O'Connor
Harkins

Just not looking good on paper, at least. I'd be willing to bet good money that none of these guys even scores a dozen goals this season. And really no upside except maybe O'Connor. Um, I'm sure this has been discussed quite a bit before. I'm usually on the main boards although I'm a Penguin fan.

My Best-Carey
Through eight games, Eller has a 1 goal. Zeroes for the rest. Zohorna also has a goal. Suffice to say, nobody is getting less production from their bottom six.

My Best-Carey

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ill be the first to admit, Jarry has been solid for us so far. Hasnt stolen games, but he hasnt cost us. Thats an improvement over last year.
My Aunt Mary could have stopped the Tkachuk goal last night.
The one that he let in before Sullivan pulled him too.

Sullivan + Jarry = no wild card spot. Again.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I noticed Sid and the first line was around 18 minutes against the Sens. Against the Aves they were closer to 15.

Looks like they were on the ice for 2 goals. I wonder if they scaled back that first line’s minutes they would be more effective.

Reactions: PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad