Speculation: Penguins off day talk thread: Yes, Sully is still the coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Some more insights from NHL EDGE. Still waiting for Acciari to show something…

What are you waiting for him to show?

He's hitting, blocking shots and taking the puck away. He actually has 0 giveaways. He's never been known for his scoring.

Your showing a chart on speed that he is last on?

I think your understanding on who or what Acciari does may be misunderstood. I certainly wouldn't expect him to create any offense from game to game considering the way the bottom 6 in general is playing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

He's hitting, blocking shots and taking the puck away. He actually has 0 giveaways. He's never been known for his scoring.

I think your understanding on who or what Acciari does may be misunderstood. I certainly wouldn't expect him to create any offense from game to game considering the way the bottom 6 in general is playing.

?

Also, haven’t seen Acciari hit anyone.

Dude looks like ZAR out there.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Marino could be argued as another case against Sullivan. Arguably, Marino's best season was his rookie season. Then Sullivan and his staff get their hands on him and he never really found that form for us again after that.

I was joking. Mike Sullivan sucks at literally everything.

That's my biggest disappointment so far

He was so decent on STL most of the games I went to last year

He's been beyond a ghost with the Pens

Yeah he’s been awful. Allegedly he made a comment about how it’s hard to get to his game playing center. So yet another genius move by Sullivan.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Marino could be argued as another case against Sullivan. Arguably, Marino's best season was his rookie season. Then Sullivan and his staff get their hands on him and he never really found that form for us again after that.
There’s just way too much evidence over the last five years that the Pens would be better off overall without Sullivan in a position of authority lol…

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
As Acciari even said, he’s playing center and Sullivan has him playing differently than he has in the past. His performance is mostly on the coach lol
This has been said a couple times, but I've never seen the story where Acciari said his role is different.

Not saying it's untrue, but I obviously missed it and would like to read it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So far this season at 5 on 5:

5th in xGF%
6th in CF%
10th in HDCF%

29th in HDSV%...hopefully Ned plays well

Special teams:

14th in PK
19th in PP

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This has been said a couple times, but I've never seen the story where Acciari said his role is different.

Not saying it's untrue, but I obviously missed it and would like to read it.
There was this article when the season began…they’ve locked it up now but they discussed playing center in Mike Sullivan’s system with him

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Idk, show something? Anything? What is he doing for this club right now, besides collecting a paycheck?

Can honestly say I haven't really noticed him once this year. Maybe a few good shifts on the PK I guess?

Just thought it was funny that our "energy" guy has the slowest top speed on the team.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
?

Also, haven’t seen Acciari hit anyone.

Dude looks like ZAR out there.
He does lead the team in hits. Take it for whatever

He's playing his game. Problem is nothing is being created on the bottom 6. It's definitely not on him.

Everyone is living in the HBK days and unfortunately that's not how the rosters built

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Idk, show something? Anything? What is he doing for this club right now, besides collecting a paycheck?

Can honestly say I haven't really noticed him once this year. Maybe a few good shifts on the PK I guess?

Just thought it was funny that our "energy" guy has the slowest top speed on the team.
Do you honestly believe Jeff Carter is flying around the ice and is 6th on the team in speed?

I mean if you want to look at these small sample sizes and base a player off of situational speed after 5 games and say he's the 6th fastest player on the team go ahead but it's not right.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Do you honestly believe Jeff Carter is flying around the ice and is 6th on the team in speed?

I mean if you want to look at these small sample sizes and base a player off of situational speed after 5 games and say he's the 6th fastest player on the team go ahead but it's not right.
Yes, because I'm pretty sure I can recall the play where Carter hit that max MPH. I believe it was our last game against STL? Race for the puck vs Parayko.

And I'm not basing my evaluation of Acciari on some player tracking metrics, I'm basing it off of him being invisible through 5 games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
He does lead the team in hits. Take it for whatever

He's playing his game. Problem is nothing is being created on the bottom 6. It's definitely not on him.

Everyone is living in the HBK days and unfortunately that's not how the rosters built

I’m not sure why we are paying someone 2 million if he’s providing what Acciari is tbh. He’s been dreadful.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, because I'm pretty sure I can recall the play where Carter hit that max MPH. I believe it was our last game against STL? Race for the puck vs Parayko.

And I'm not basing my evaluation of Acciari on some player tracking metrics, I'm basing it off of him being invisible through 5 games.
My point is there's quite a few guys that are far more invisible and much worse off than Acciari.

And what is the speed difference 1mph? C'mon you can't tell me your eyes are tracking the 1mph difference : )

He leads the team in hits is right in the middle for block shots and that's at like 11 to 12 minutes per night.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
By the way, we had a player that did much of that last season. Had a cheaper contract and many of you wanted to crucify him in Archi.

Acciari has done the same throughout his career at a higher level.

Sure go ahead dump the only guy on the team that has any type of sandpaper. Then we go from tissue soft to wet toilet paper

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
By the way, we had a player that did much of that last season. Had a cheaper contract and many of you wanted to crucify him in Archi.

Acciari has done the same throughout his career at a higher level.

Sure go ahead dump the only guy on the team that has any type of sandpaper. Then we go from tissue soft to wet toilet paper

You and @DesertedPenguin should get a room so you can both love useless people like Archibald and Sullivan in peace.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I actually liked Archibald, he was always around the puck and even when he wasn't scoring he was contributing in other ways. Was also dirt cheap. Acciari is getting paid 2x and has 3 years of term.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Whoa whoa whoa....

I want nothing to do with Archibald. I still have some sort of standards you know
@Gurglesons has a personality disorder. He wants some bite but than he doesn't.

And I am perfectly fine with the Archi/Acciari swap as Acciari over his career has done much of it better.

Also there was absolutely nothing wrong with Archie's game last season. He played excellent in the minute he played. Did a lot of the dirty things was up to the leagues in hits, especially considering the time he was on the that ice.

The whole thing is you can't judge Acciaris game off of five games when he's been a really good player over his career for what he does. Especially on this bottom six

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
@Gurglesons has a personality disorder. He wants some bite but than he doesn't.

And I am perfectly fine with the Archi/Acciari swap as Acciari over his career has done much of it better.

Also there was absolutely nothing wrong with Archie's game last season. He played excellent in the minute he played. Did a lot of the dirty things was up to the leagues in hits, especially considering the time he was on the that ice.

The whole thing is you can't judge Acciaris game off of five games when he's been a really good player over his career for what he does. Especially on this bottom six

I can and I am.

Archibald was trash and nobody gave a shit about him hitting them.

You Bob Errey?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Acciari's problem is that he's mostly suited as a forechecker but Sullivan's system has him as the up-high forward on the forecheck. The system they run on the forecheck seems to use the wingers as the primary F1 and F2 and has the centers staying higher as the F3, but Acciari's bread and butter is being that forechecker.

Assuming you get someone else to play on the 3rd line, I'd plan on moving Zohorna to 4C and Acciari to the 4RW spot. Let him and Nieto be the forecheckers for that line and have Zohorna as the F3 up high. I think that setup is the most logical way to use those guys.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad